Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Halloween Season and Party Dates are out, with more parties

Halloween Time Returns to the Disneyland Resort September 13 – October 31; Mickey’s Halloween Party Expanding to 13 Nights

posted on July 1st, 2013 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print, Disneyland Resort

Friday the 13th seems like the perfect day to kick off the spookiest time of year here at the Disneyland Resort, doesn’t it? From Friday, September 13 through October 31, the Happiest Place on Earth will get spookier again with the return of Halloween Time. And this year, Mickey’s Halloween Party will expand to a spooky total of 13 nights at Disneyland park!
    Halloween Time features Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Día de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party, plus – my favorites – Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
    Be sure to get your Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets early at Disneyland.com/Halloween! Mark your calendars for the following dates:

• July 8: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members
    • July 15: Tickets on sale to general public
    • Mickey’s Halloween Party 2013 dates: Friday, September 27; Tuesday, October 1; Friday, October 4; Tuesday, October 8; Friday, October 11; Tuesday, October 15; Friday, October 18; Monday, October 21; Wednesday, October 23; Friday, October 25; Monday, October 28; Wednesday, October 30; and Thursday, October 31.

And while you’re at Mickey’s Halloween Party, check out the new “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace. Class time is over, and the students of “Monsters University” join Mickey’s Halloween Party guests in a family-friendly frat party with Monster U’s most popular students, Mike & Sulley!
    Take a look at some of the fun waiting for you during Halloween Time!

We’ll have more updates on Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort here on the Disney Parks Blog, and you can get even more information at Disneyland.com/Halloween. And join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #HalloweenTime.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Halloween Season and Party Dates are out, with more parties

If you look at the dates...
    Mickey’s Halloween Party 2013 dates:
    Friday, September 27;
    Tuesday, October 1; Friday, October 4;
    Tuesday, October 8; Friday, October 11;
    Tuesday, October 15; Friday, October 18;
    Monday, October 21; Wednesday, October 23; Friday,
    October 25; Monday, October 28; Wednesday, October 30; and Thursday, October 31

The Wednesday parties later in the month are new. 3 parties a week. The 3rd week which includes the Wednesday the 23rd party is a busy week. The final week with a Wednesday the 30th party is usually not too bad, but the final party on the 31st, Halloween Day, is a busy one(sells out quickly).
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 07-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I love Halloween. A lot. But, can someone explain to me why DLR is changing the look of their iconic park and starting Halloween celebrations in September? Thinking like this is what makes DLR more a park for locals than a destination park for out of state tourists. I was originally planning my family's trip for mid September but when I found out the Halloween habit of closing HM for a Halloween refit right before LABOR DAY we changed that plan. If I am going to travel across the country to see Disneyland and DCA I want to see those parks, not Halloween versions of those parks! When do they decorate for Christmas... November 1?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I love Halloween. A lot. But, can someone explain to me why DLR is changing the look of their iconic park and starting Halloween celebrations in September? Thinking like this is what makes DLR more a park for locals than a destination park for out of state tourists. I was originally planning my family's trip for mid September but when I found out the Halloween habit of closing HM for a Halloween refit right before LABOR DAY we changed that plan. If I am going to travel across the country to see Disneyland and DCA I want to see those parks, not Halloween versions of those parks! When do they decorate for Christmas... November 1?
    To answer your last question, after the party on the 31st, Halloween comes down. But Christmas starts going up about the 21of October. They are both extensive theming which take a lot of time to install. It all happens in phases, a little here a little there each night.

Don't go to WDW where the seasons are longer. These are very profitable seasons so are maxed out. For there to be more regular weeks it depends on how dates fall on the Calendar. The last Friday of September is the contemporary start date for parties. As is the Friday after the week with Labor day to start the season.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 07-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by attic haunt View Post
    when do they decorate for christmas... November 1?
    bingo!

• Minion

boo!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    To answer your last question, after the party on the 31st, Halloween comes down. But Christmas starts going up about the 21of October. They are both extensive theming which take a lot of time to install. It all happens in phases, a little here a little there each night.

Don't go to WDW where the seasons are longer. These are very profitable seasons so are maxed out. For there to be more regular weeks it depends on how dates fall on the Calendar. The last Friday of September is the contemporary start date for parties. As is the Friday after the week with Labor day to start the season.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

September 13th, really Disney. 7 weeks for a one day holiday. This is beyond me.

It comes down to money. With the parties being an extra ticket opportunity, it pays for disneyland to offer as many as they can as soon as they are able.

• Minion

At least I can think about cool weather coming soon.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Ok, but how much are tickets going up this year? I don't see that anywhere unless I'm missing it.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ok, but how much are tickets going up this year? I don't see that anywhere unless I'm missing it.
    I saw on Twitter that someone said that it went up from $3 to $5 from last year.

FOUND IT:

To compare prices to 2012:

2012 2013
    Advanced Purchase - AP $46 ???
    Advanced Purchase - Public $54 $59
    Day Of $64 $67
    October 30/31 $69 $74
    Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 07-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

I will be in town the week of the 13th, and i am excited to be able to experience the Park with two different 'faces'....a few days as it normally is, and then a few days with the Halloween decor.

I think i am most excited about finally getting to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I have heard a lot about it over the years, but never had the chance to experience it.

Looking forward to the season!

• Minion

And yet, I've got family in Colorado who are bringing their two young'uns to Disneyland now in October instead of August because they want to see the Halloween stuff. They are planning on buying tix to one of the parties one night during their visit and dress up, and they want to see Ghost Galaxy and Mansion Holiday.

It can go either way for folks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    September 13th, really Disney. 7 weeks for a one day holiday. This is beyond me.
    That's nothing. The malls turned Christmas into 12 weeks for a two day holiday (if you count Christmas Eve).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast