Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Should Learn from Six Flags

Six Flags is now banning smoke from their theme parks. No designated smoking area either. Disneyland should learn from this. Six Flags said thier reasoning is to improve the family entertainment experience and smelling smoke is not family friendly. Good job Six Flags! One step closer to smoke-free theme parks!
    Last edited by DLResident; 01-24-2006 at 06:48 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Disneyland Should Learn from Six Flags

According to the article from last week they were still going to have dedicated smoking areas, just like Disney.

Unless something has changed since then.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Thumbs down Re: Disneyland Should Learn from Six Flags

That's bunk... if I had a family of four in tow for eight hours in the summer heat in endless lines, complete with strollers banging into my sore ankles and balloons banging into my sore head throughout the entire day, all while shelling out hundreds of dollars for the priveledge, I damn well better at least be allowed to dull my frayed nerves with a long, cool drag offa Benson & Hedges. Lighten up for Chrissakes...

• Rock Star Minion

Meh, perhaps this is a way for SFMM to keep the teenagers (its real fanbase) from smoking. Maybe the drop-off parents were complaining.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    Six Flags is now banning smoke from their theme parks. No designated smoking area either. Disneyland should learn from this. Six Flags said thier reasoning is to improve the family entertainment experience smelling smoke is not family friendly. Good job Six Flags! One step closer to smoke-free theme parks!
    Its not going to happen.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Uh they'll still allow smoking in designated areas. Cutting that completely would be like them banning re-entry.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune
    That's bunk... if I had a family of four in tow for eight hours in the summer heat in endless lines, complete with strollers banging into my sore ankles and balloons banging into my sore head throughout the entire day, all while shelling out hundreds of dollars for the priveledge, I damn well better at least be allowed to dull my frayed nerves with a long, cool drag offa Benson & Hedges. Lighten up for Chrissakes...
    I don't know if the serve alcohal at Six Flags but when I need something to calm my nerves at Disneyland I head for the Karl Strauss truck, ain't nothing that says Disney magic like a beer at noon!

• Banned User

As much as I dont like smoking I do believe that the place is suppost to be enjoyed for all and having areas where people can smoke in private is fine. If you take that away those select people will be miserable all day. Btw Disney should never take an example from Six Flags it should be the other way around.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Six Flags is now banning smoke from their theme parks. No designated smoking area either. Disneyland should learn from this. Six Flags said thier reasoning is to improve the family entertainment experience smelling smoke is not family friendly. Good job Six Flags! One step closer to smoke-free theme parks!
    Unfortunately that ain't a big issue compared to gang issues some of their parks suffer.

Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Should Learn from Six Flags

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Btw Disney should never take an example from Six Flags it should be the other way around.
    HAHA

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I pretty much feel the same way as Disneyfreak on this one. Disneyland has a much higher percentage of tourists from out of state that aren't used to the strict Californian smoking laws than Six Flags. How are we supposed to expect those that chose to smoke to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth if they're going through nicotine fits?

As long as they are kept from bothering anyone else, I don't mind people smoking in Disneyland. Smoking tabacco, that is.

Also, if they were to implement these rules, would Walt not be allowed in the park after they thaw him out?

Not exactly accurate. May I clarify? The parks already have a rules on no smoking in queue lines, on rides, in theaters, and in restaurants. They are now saying no smoking on midways. There are now designated smoking areas in: "X Plaza", "Riddler's Plaza", and "Psyclone Bay". I am looking for a link to pictures right now, for evidence. As a SFMM employee, I know I will be doing my part to help enforce, AS WELL AS, informing guests of the new policy.

here is one article on the new policies.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060119/nythd055.html?.v=1

And guest under the age of 18 will not be allowed to smoke in the parks as well. I am not sure how to help enforce this one though?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by jepple

As long as they are kept from bothering anyone else, I don't mind people smoking in Disneyland. Smoking tabacco, that is.
    Oh dang you! I was gonna bring my hooka and rock out in Fantasyland and convince all the kiddies I am the Catapiller from Alice in Wonderland and in case they don't believe me then I was gonna distribute joints laced with opium and smoke a cigar all the way down Main St!

• Long live the Fire Lord

Meh, the people that pass gas in line bother me more then the smokers. There should be a designated area for that. Maybe Toontown?
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast