Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Say goodbye to Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Apparently the deciding factor is the gas emissions. They've been getting pressure to redesign the entire fleet to cut down on the air pollution. It was the excuse Disney needed to finally burry this longtime attraction.

As for a source, I can't disclose that. Its the same source I found that the ladder safety and railings were the big upset from DOSH when they started closing rides awhile ago/tried to cancel Aladdin's ride out on the elephant. Also where I learned of the magic shop closing down before they hired an outside company to reopen it and run it.

So, believe what you wish. I just heard that walls will be up in TL to remove these attractions and thought I'd share the up to date news.
    I appreciate this thread and your posts, but I just don't think they'll ever eliminate this attraction. I don't think a Go Kart track is on any environmentalists' minds.

Not going to happen. That ride has been there since day 1. Innovations is where Disney and its sponsers show off there new stuff. Like Honda

This rumor again? I know I know, this time it really is true because this time the yet again unnamed and can't be name source is super reliable. I suppose in any time frame from 1 week to 1 decade and beyond the OP will be able to say "SEE, my source was right". But until then.... I will just wait.

• Minion

It's too much of a popular attraction. very long lines and the demand is high.

• Banned User

This attraction is the 1 REALY popular Magic kingdom(DL) attraction for boys. I just don't see them taking it out. Would probably only surprise me more if Mansion or Pirates was removed.
    Not gonna happen.

• A Happy Haunt

I can't wait to see the progress. Walls can't go up fast enough.
    The slow removal of autopia. The sponsor drop is kind of a hint, right? The emissions excuse is valid.

Cant wait, hope its true.

• Minion

As everyone else has already stated, this is a very old rumor. Won't believe it until Disney announces it and I see some shovel work.

I'm all for Innoventions going bye-bye, but I will be very hurt and upset if Disney ever decides to ax Autopia. I really love that attraction and I hope it gets to stay.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I mean......i dont want to see it go....just become smaller....

• Circle of Ancients

While I wish this was true I'll have to take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

Not because I don't think it "could" happen, but as others have said, Autopia sits right on top of the Subs building. So unless they are also going to close the Subs permanently or for an extended period of time there really isn't anything major that could go in that spot.

If the Subs were to stay and some kind of Marvel E-ticket was to be built where Autopia is you'd have to reinforce the subs building which would probably mean probably fully enclosing the subs building with a modern building that would support whatever would be going on top. In turn this would impact the evacuation procedures for the Subs.

The cost of insuring the subs could stay and something major could be built on top would probably cost more than the entire new attraction. Especially with earthquake codes in CA.

And I can't see them ditching the subs considering how much $$ was spent on bringing them back as an underwater movie just 8 years ago.

I hope the OP is correct. Only time will tell I guess.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, Tomorrowland needs a complete re-do and a complete master plan. Disney knows TL is broken. I'm sure imagineers are tossing around ideas but we are years away. When they finally do something it is going to have to be done right and last 20 years or more.

It would just make no sense to spend millions to piece meal change anything major in the land unless it was part of a master plan.

•   
    • Minion

If Autopia were to go I would imagine they would have some sort of send-off for it - after all it's been with the park forever. Until I see an announcement of that, I won't really believe the rumors.

And if they do take Autopia (and the subs) away, I hope and pray they will come up with an original ride and not a Marvel tie-in.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    This has been rumored for a while. I won't believe it until the walls actually go up.
    My thoughts also. Don't get your hopes up until Disney actually announces something.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    This attraction is the 1 REALY popular Magic kingdom(DL) attraction for boys. I just don't see them taking it out. Would probably only surprise me more if Mansion or Pirates was removed.
    Not gonna happen.
    So Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Mr. Toad, Roger Rabbit, and Indiana Jones aren't considered popular boys attractions?

Regardless, Autopia will be removed at some point (most likely as part of a TL expansion), but for now it's only a rumor.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 07-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.

I was in the parks this weekend and heard this rumor. It went along with conjecture regarding a Marvel/Iron Man ride that would take over space from either Innoventions or the area with Autopia/Nemo.

I probably will get flak for saying this, but I can't STAND the Nemo ride (boring, cramped and not impressive) and while the Autopia is fun for the little ones, the fumes have kept me away for the last few times I have been there (I'm an asthmatic.) So if those two were removed, I wouldn't cry; though, I would certainly hope that better, more entertaining options would be placed in their stead.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

I've heard Iron Man in Peoplemover Station, ride track on Peoplemover ("Rocket Rods Done Right"), Iron Man in Innoventions, ride track on Peoplemover ("World of Iron Man Motion"), Iron Man built on Subs footprint, track on Autopia ("Yeah, right") and now this.

I'm skeptical that there's been a final call on it as yet. I don't doubt that it's one of many options in the mix, but I don't expect any sort of announce on this until they have to. There's a fairly healthy amount of new attractions opening in the SoCal market in the near future, showing their hand early would do nothing but hurt.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast