Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Say goodbye to Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbuster626 View Post
    maybe star wars land is coming to both coasts??
    No!!!!!!!!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

They have said that the Iron Man display will be there through September, so not before then.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Not to sure about the source but if this is true, all I can say is when do they start the bulldozers?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    EDIT - I hope with every fiber of my being - Marvel, AND Star Wars get nowhere close to one of Disneyland's original 5 lands! They both can go in places that is a natural organic fit for both of them!
    ummm

• Artistic integrity

ummm, what?

If there's anything any of us here should have learned by this point - regarding the Walt Disney Co. ... is things constantly change. As one poster said ... they do a "180" on one thing .. just to do a "180" a few months later .... then another "180" a month later ... And then a "90" over there ... and a "120" over there. And on .. and on it goes.

There is no certainty on anything!

Even when the construction cranes arrive ... things can .. and do tend to change.

Even Walt got as far as building the basement for New Orleans Square ... just to leave it for a couple of years, and rebuild the whole basement all over again ... to accommodate a bigger and better idea.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

ummm, what?
    Ummm... Star Wars is already a part of one of Disneyland's original 5 lands...

• Artistic integrity

I think you all know what I'm talking about, anyway.

The rumor that ALL of Tomorrowland would become a "Stars Wars" land.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Unhelpful User

[QUOTE=Uncle Bob;1056995487]Professortango is a reliable poster who I've never seen make things up or given me any reason not to trust that he was really told this by someone in the know. Of course things can change,

this sounds like a "your own bogus disneyland rumor" what happens to that thread send it there

• Minion

The rumor that ALL of Tomorrowland would become a "Stars Wars" land.
    That isn't a serious rumor.

• Unhelpful User

[QUOTE=Uncle Bob;1056995487]Professortango is a reliable poster who I've never seen make things up or given me any reason not to trust that he was really told this by someone in the know. Of course things can change, but I think that this is very likely to be true. Makes sense too, if they are going to close down the center of TL after the 60th, they'll need to be able to leave a path to Space Mountain. This would let them finish a path through the current site of Innoventions to allow access to SM so they can then remodel the rest of the land.

You have to keep in mind too that this will be a really complex demolition project so it will take some time. The old Carousel theater is a complex building with lots of big heavy parts and the Autopia is even tougher with it blended in with PM tracks, Monorail tracks and the Subs building. Lots of stuff to avoid damaging and it will be very difficult to get big equipment in an out of many places. It just wouldn't surprise me at all to just have walls go up one day soon, this is a huge undertaking that is going to take some time. Probably doesn't make sense to announce what will go there for a while because it will be so long until it opens.[/QUOTE/]

this sounds like a rumor DCAfanatic would start, LOL

• Minion

When the walls go up around Autopia, I'll be there to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Maybe Star Wars land is coming to both coasts??
    NOOOOO!!!!

A Star Wars Land will be limited at DL. Make it part of a third park.

For Autopia, update it with electric cars and/or theme it to futuristic space cars
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Minion

You know, everyone is assuming that they would be using ALL of Autopia, but besides involving the Monorail and subs that would cut off access to the DLRR and be a huge amount of real estate being used by just one ride. They might just be thinking of using the queue and load area of Autopia, which, when combined with Innoventions, would still be a very large ride and leave room for a path to the train station as well as leave the other rides open. The Autopia track would just be left for the future like the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track.

• Banned User

They should tear out those stupid finding nemo subs and redo it as a delux version of the REAL Submarine Voyage complete with Sea Serpents, mermaids, the lost city of atlantis, and all new aquatic life. Not this pixar cash-in nonsense they have going on over there.

• No Disassemble!

After D23 most of these rumor threads will fade away to page 15 in the threads section. I believe every word of Jeffery Epstein when he mentioned that there would be no new attraction announcements. If there was something in the works for the near future then it Disney would want the concept out in the public's eye as soon as possible to gauge interest.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast