• Observer

Halloween Party Questions

So Ive been an AP for about 5 years and still have not been to the halloween party. .no kids..anywho.. can someone tell me why anyone would pay extra for a few hours at the party? I can buy my own candy, and HMH and ghost galaxy I can do durring the day.. so am I paying for fireworks and a cheap parade (compared to WDW )? If I am missing something please tell me, I do wanna go but I don't want to waste money (extra bump in AP Price was enough of a waste)

• I am not a Krusty Krab

re: Halloween Party Questions

I agree, the parade sucks but it depends what you're into, i look spookyness, i love Halloween so this is the event for me to go to. you should go once to check it out, go with a friend its fun and at times less crowded

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Closed Account

It really depends on what your likes and dislikes are. The Halloween party in my opinion is geared more towards those who enjoy a family environment for Halloween, and want something that is "tame" vs scary haunted houses. Disneyland gives kids a safe environment to go trick or treating, as well as experience other kid friendly Halloween activities.

For those without kids, it gives them the chance to wear a costume to Disneyland. Some people look forward to the Halloween party ever year just to be able to dress up at Disneyland, as it's the only time that Disneyland allows adults to show up in costumes.

Of course, they offer a parade, trick or treat stations, and fireworks that are exclusive to the Halloween Party.

Personally, the Halloween Party to me is no big deal. Those nights tend to be extra crowded because of the party, and the fireworks are nothing to write home about. It really just depends what you are into, and it sounds like you aren't into the idea of it enough to make it worthwhile.

• #bringevilback

For me, I'm in a similar situation as you...no kids to take, not into costumes, so it's not worth it. The fireworks are fun, but if you really want to see them pay attention to if they ever get cancelled due to weather and head to the park the next day where they will likely show it so they don't have to unload them. Or YouTube it...

• ^_~.

I'm not an AP, so for me the Halloween party is a huge discount. $60 vs. $90 is a big difference, and as far as I know, we'll be allowed into the park at 4pm. So that's eight hours, which makes it a worthwhile deal for me. Especially since it sounds like some nights will be less crowded, which means not having to spend so much time waiting in lines.
    Plus, I love everything about Halloween: the candy, the festivity, and espcecially the dressing-up. I'm a cosplayer, which basically means I look for any excuse to dress in costume^-^. I like the idea that adults are encouraged to take part in all of the Halloween festivities that we have been deemed "too old for" nearly everywhere else. I've never been to the Halloween party before, but I hear we're even allowed to Trick-or-Treat, which is wonderful! I know I can buy my own candy, but where's the fun in that? Especially when I can get it for free with my aleady-cheap admission price?
    I can see how this would be less appealing to AP holders, though. Essentially, you all have already paid for your admission for the year, so the party is an additional expense. Whether I think the party would be worth an extra fifty bucks or so remains to be seen, but it sounds like a blast, and I'm stoked to go!

• Singing Drinker

*shrug*

Even as a non-AP, these added events don't appeal. I miss when they were rolled into the daily experience and I'm cranky enough not to reward Disney for separating them out.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• No Disassemble!

We live in downtown San Diego so in order for our kids to trick or treat we have to drive out to the suburbs which often get over saturated with other families. We love the Halloween parties because of the guaranteed candy (lots and lots of it), the spooky overlay to the park, and the fireworks. Also I've discovered that people at the parties act in a more orderly fashion when it comes to getting candy and navigating crowds.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

While opinions vary the general consensus is obvious. These parties are totally worth it. That's why there are more and more events like these. The demand is present.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

In my opinion one of the best parts of the Halloween party is the "spooky overlay to the park" that G24T mentioned above. The heavy fog bank on the Rivers of America, additional lighting effects on the buildings, especially around the river and along Main Street and the Halloween themed music in various areas of the park all add up to a different atmosphere in the park. Name:  1PA152778.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  38.6 KBName:  1PA152815.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  67.1 KBName:  1PA152790.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  71.2 KB
    I'm diabetic so the candy isn't a draw, we don't have kids so there's no push to go from them, the parade is fun but low budget, and we aren't into costumes so there doesn't seem to be much to make us want to pay extra to go (we are APs). But my wife and I love the fireworks and will camp out in front of the Castle to get a good view and we really enjoy walking the park and enjoying the atmospheric Halloween overlay they apply to the park.

Name:  1IMGP8632.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  90.8 KB

And the villains are fun!

My wife and I have gone the last three years and will be going this year. I might even wear a costume.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Halloween Party Questions

I agree with a lot of the comments above. Your mileage may vary depending on what you expect and want from the Halloween parties. I don't have kids and I always go to the Halloween party with other childfree friends. The reasons I keep going back are:

1. As mentioned above, the spooky overlay to the park is really, really well done. Walking around and finding the eerie ghost ship, the eyes "watching" you at Frontierland, the music and the overall atmosphere are great.

2. The villains! It's just about the only time Maleficent makes an appearance...

3. The fireworks are amazing and the parade is cute.

4. As an adult, it's just about the only place it's acceptable to trick or treat. And if you're there as a parent, it's worry-free trick or treating for your kids (none of the "go only to houses you know!" et al. It's Disneyland - you know the house. ).

5. Also as an adult, if you want to do something fun for Halloween - but don't want the drinking/partying environment you find at the bars/clubs/outside Halloween parties - it's great.

6. There are a lot of adults without kids - lots. You won't feel out of place at all.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Selfie Expert

We went last year for the sole purpose of getting pictures with the villains, especially Maleficent. I hope to take my kids in the future to enjoy the parades and candy, but those didn't appeal to my husband and I.

The fireworks show was my favorite fireworks presentation at Disneyland that I've seen so far. They weren't a priority for us on our visit but we decided to watch them and agreed it was the best part of the night!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    We went last year for the sole purpose of getting pictures with the villains, especially Maleficent. I hope to take my kids in the future to enjoy the parades and candy, but those didn't appeal to my husband and I.

The fireworks show was my favorite fireworks presentation at Disneyland that I've seen so far. They weren't a priority for us on our visit but we decided to watch them and agreed it was the best part of the night!
    Those are the best parts I think.
    I way prefer the villains over the princess any day. And some of them you only see at Halloween.

And the fireworks: I think they are the best ones they do all year.

The release of a murder of crows from the castle as, was a site to behold last year. So fantastically awesome.

The Dapper Dans turn into the Cadaver Dans: 2012 - Cadaver Dans at Mickey's Halloween Party - HD - YouTube

And then there's the fact that as grown ups, you can go trick or treating too & the dance parties with the characters.
    And being people watchers, just sitting, watching so many in their costumes & seeing all the fun. It's a different ambiance in the park.

I think this one group was the best costume I saw there. The ghosts from the HM. I asked them if I could take a picture of them & they struck instant pose for me. Just too freakin' cool Flutterfly, flutterby, butterfly, There’s always room for one more…
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    4. As an adult, it's just about the only place it's acceptable to trick or treat.
    We don't have kids. Our favorite place for trick or treating is Sea World, tons of candy, fast moving lines, can wear our costumes, and the price is included in your ticket or annual pass.

So what hours does the park stay open for then? Does it close early so the Halloween party can start?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calvegas04 View Post
    So what hours does the park stay open for then? Does it close early so the Halloween party can start?
    The Halloween Party hours, dates, and times below are only available to Halloween Party ticket holders. During these hours Disneyland is closed to guests with regular tickets as well as annual pass holders unless they purchased a Halloween Party ticket.
    Friday, September 27, 2013 – 7:00 p.m. to midnight
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013– 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Friday, October 4, 2013 – 7:00 p.m. to midnight
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013– 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Friday, October 11, 2013 – 7:00 p.m. to midnight
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013– 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Friday, October 18, 2013 – 7:00 p.m. to midnight
    Monday, October 21, 2013– 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 – 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Friday, October 25, 2013 – 7:00 p.m. to midnight
    Monday, October 28, 2013 – 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 – 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 – 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.