Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: Does anyone else miss the old DCA?

I slightly miss a few individual things and the short lines of course, but I don't miss the old park overall at all. All of my favorite things are still there and almost everything new is vastly better then before. I also think DCA will continue to get much better with time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You missed out, the MSEP was so much better on Mainstreet then it ever was in DCA. It was mostly the scale of the floats and the enclosed feel of MS. It was just much, much more dramatic there with the floats looking much bigger and the colors and lights glowing everywhere.
    My boyfriend and I were lamenting just HOW much we missed the MSEL. We'd love to see it revamped and put in either park! It was such a classic - and so much fun!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Artistic integrity

No.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

I went to DCA on opening day and only started going again a decade later. I miss certain elements of DCA 1.0 but the park is better now than it was. Even me, as a child, thought some things looked cheap about 1.0. But the things I liked about 1.0 that are now gone, it is just nostalgia now since I always liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BwaySaint View Post
    Slightly off-topic: I still don't understand why some don't use fast passes. It dumbfounds me why folks would wait 60 minutes in a fast pass available ride! /rant
    A think a lot of people think fastpass is like an extra ticket thing the way such services are on other amusement/theme parks. A friend of mines recently visited with his family and didn't use FP because they thought it was an extra pass thing.

So its either that, or they just run out?
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

I do miss DCA 1.0, but I really don't want it to return.

Some of my old favorites:

Sunshine Plaza
    C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A Letters
    Bountiful Valley Farm
    Golden Dreams
    Mission Tortilla Factory
    Mushu Interaction
    Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage!
    S.S. Rustworthy
    Mulholland Madness
    Superstar Limo (I've been on that at least 3 times)
    Electrical Parade

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A lot of what the original poster misses is because he grew up with it. That was life as he knew it and nothing else. And because he can't revisit as an adult, it remains "fond memories". Had it stuck around into his wiser years, he would demand change along with the rest of us.

I grew up with 80s Tomorrowland and remember that fondly... but I saw it long enough to know that it truly was the better tomorrowland overall than it is now. Although in the 80s, it was the America Sings building that sat dormant for a super long time. Seems like in my lifetime, there was always one big thing that was never there.

Regarding DCA 1.0, the only thing I really miss and I DO want this to come back is the wave machine in Paradise Bay. It added a better visual feel to Paradise Pier that made it more authentic. I would like to see that back.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• No Disassemble!

The only thing I miss about 1.0 is Golden Dreams because it was sort of an "in your face America" presentation about how great our state's lineage is. But since there are many copies of the movie on youtube and now my hard drive I never miss it too much.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

I miss the Who Wants to be a Millionaire game. That's about it, to be honest. I still to this day cannot believe how little there was to do when the park first opened.

• Ducksketeer

I miss the peace and quiet of the old park. I miss sitting near the grizzly falls and sipping my beer without throngs of people in the summertime. I miss the classic rock and blues bands that used to play in the wharf area which is now usually just some Mariachi band. I especially miss the mock up California Zephyr train; too bad that couldn't have reincorporated someplace else, even if it was just downtown Disney.

I appreciated the fact that it didn't have to overwhelm with Disney characters. I liked the idea of an adult area... because I'm old and cranky.

But all of that being said, the Disney designers did a top notch job with the Buena Vista Street architecture.

• Minion

Mickey ears on the roller coaster. It looked a lot better back then

Yeah I miss it only because I had many memories their. I always went but never got to take pictures their weird huh? So then I found one picture of me when I was younger and I got teary eyed when I saw it because I remembered everything! But I also love this DCA 2.0 and I am going to cherish it and takes lots of pics!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Mickey ears on the roller coaster. It looked a lot better back then
    I agree; I miss the ears on the roller coaster and the face on the Sun Wheel. I also liked the Golden Gate Bridge, the CALIFORNIA letters and the "Greetings from California" sign. I'm glad I took photos of all of that.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12