Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante + Disney Exec Team Lunch

I wanted to see what you guys thought of this... I was at the Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland at my last trip to Disneyland. I went over to get one of the salads and as the salad person went to start on my salad, an Executive Assistant shows up with the order for a lunch meeting. As I'm standing there, I realize that the salad maker is now making salads for the Executive and my salad has been obviously put on hold. I didn't say anything to the salad maker or get mad, cause I figured, he going to bend to what the executives want.
    After thinking about it later, I was kind of pissed off, the food order for the executives should come behind my park experience. I'm a stickler for these types of things, but I wanted to see what people thought of this....

• Singing Drinker

Re: Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante + Disney Exec Team Lunch

Most places it's supposed to be FIFO on orders. You do what you can to get the orders done in the order they came in, and only move out of that cycle if the order in question has dead periods during prep (waiting on one element to cook when everything else is already prepped etc.).

However, executives aren't people. They're superior forms of life that are remarkably strongly tied to their dietary cycles. If these beings aren't fed immediately upon request, they exude a field that causes distress and discomfort of varying levels on all other species in their area.

Honestly, I'm rather amazed they're eating in-park food. That alone sadly counts as a step up.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• No Disassemble!

Yea, I guess they get points for keeping costs down by eating in the park but if you think about it these execs are gonna eat then it's back to work for them. As a guest you may have a bit more time to spend in the parks having fun.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by diverjon View Post
    I wanted to see what you guys thought of this... I was at the Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland at my last trip to Disneyland. I went over to get one of the salads and as the salad person went to start on my salad, an Executive Assistant shows up with the order for a lunch meeting. As I'm standing there, I realize that the salad maker is now making salads for the Executive and my salad has been obviously put on hold. I didn't say anything to the salad maker or get mad, cause I figured, he going to bend to what the executives want.
    After thinking about it later, I was kind of pissed off, the food order for the executives should come behind my park experience. I'm a stickler for these types of things, but I wanted to see what people thought of this....
    I think of it this way... after lunch, guests get to ride Screamin' and throw up from the G-forces, while the execs get to go back to TDA and throw up from the stress of working for Iger & Staggs.

I'd say that's fair enough.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Wait a minute - there are a couple of cafeterias/grills located backstage. Why didn't they just order there? Wouldn't that make more sense? Or are they testing their own products?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by BwaySaint View Post
    Wait a minute - there are a couple of cafeterias/grills located backstage. Why didn't they just order there? Wouldn't that make more sense? Or are they testing their own products?
    Execs only really have one cafeteria, the one that's steps away from the TDA building and while there is more decedent food there than the Disney Diner or the In-Between it must get boring after a couple of months of working there. The other backstage eating areas require you to hoof it from TDA across the park and they are often congested with CMs.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    ...executives aren't people. They're superior forms of life that are remarkably strongly tied to their dietary cycles. If these beings aren't fed immediately upon request, they exude a field that causes distress and discomfort of varying levels on all other species in their area.
    Nice description.

OT: You might enjoy Continuum on the SyFy channel. In the future, executives control the world (which might already be true) to the extent that the "Corporate Congress" is the government. The show involves time travel to the present (this is the SyFy channel), to change the future.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Execs only really have one cafeteria, the one that's steps away from the TDA building and while there is more decedent food there than the Disney Diner or the In-Between it must get boring after a couple of months of working there. The other backstage eating areas require you to hoof it from TDA across the park and they are often congested with CMs.
    Ahh, excellent point. But it still seems weird that they would hop into the park to be around tourists... *shrug*
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    Nice description.

OT: You might enjoy Continuum on the SyFy channel. In the future, executives control the world (which might already be true) to the extent that the "Corporate Congress" is the government. The show involves time travel to the present (this is the SyFy channel), to change the future.
    I've been an Executive Assistant and was basing it off of personal experience, but the show sounds awesome too
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.