• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Hilarious Genie from Aladdin Musical - Who's your favorite Genie from the show?

Hey Guys,

After seeing Aladdin the Musical a couple dozen times over the course of several years, I would have to say that the show I saw on July 1st was indeed very unique and hilarious as hell because of this one genie I've never seen before until now.

I love all the references he made that night like a joke about Paula Deen etc.

Have you guys seen him perform before? This was my first time seeing this Genie.

Also at 4:55, you can see Genie slip and fall, at first I thought it was staged, but upon closer inspection you can see his fall was genuine because the female actor in back was shock and trying to hold in her laughter after Genie fell to the floor.

Here's another video of another Genie:

and here's a video from last year:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 07-07-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• SORCERER

Re: Hilarious Genie from Aladdin Musical - Who's your favorite Genie from the show?

Im sorry but the second genie is a better theatrical performer, where the first one just seems a little over the top and would to me ruin the performance for first timers.

As some of the emotional scenes seem to divulge to jokes instead of focusing on what pertaining to the story. The play allows for ad libs to be inserted in tons of areas, but i feel the first genie jokes come first, and story goes second.

I did like his jokes but he just needs more range besides jokes.

Here is two of the same scenes, When Aladdin promises Genie his Freedom:

First Genie in your Post: http://youtu.be/CpGSbmmiOXA?t=7m3s

Second: http://youtu.be/2_NHmg9LZyM?t=3m23s (Better preformance same scene)
    Last edited by BradleyC; 07-03-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Re: Hilarious Genie from Aladdin Musical - Who's your favorite Genie from the show?

Wow, I didn't even realize there were multiple actors for the part of the genie.

I like the one from the second video the best. Isn't he the main genie? The others aren't so great; are they understudies?

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Wow, I didn't even realize there were multiple actors for the part of the genie.
    They do a lot of shows a week so there are four or more people playing each lead. Old performers retire (or their contracts are not renewed) and new performers are added pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I like the one from the second video the best. Isn't he the main genie? The others aren't so great; are they understudies?
    The second Genie is Jeff Sumner and he's been playing Genie for many years. Sometimes he also plays Iago. He's excellent at both. The other two Genies are more recent additions. Some of the newer Genies can be a bit <ahem> rough around the edges. Manic seems to be popular lately when it comes to new Genies. The more experienced Genies like Jeff, Dylan White, and Russ Marchand seem more natural at the role. Their characters are more developed. They've been playing it for years.

Thanks for the info, Macro!

• film975

Russ Marchand is by far the best Genie of them all. My trailer for the show below shows some of his best jokes as he teases Jafar.

He also plays Mr. Jones in the Royal Theater shows at the new Fantasy Faire. And his costume being blue. Subtle no?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thanks Macros for the names of those Genie!

As for Russ Marchand, I do have to say that he does play a lot of roles at the Disneyland Resort. He's even one Tweedledum during some of the Mad T Party.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Thanks Macros for the names of those Genie!

As for Russ Marchand, I do have to say that he does play a lot of roles at the Disneyland Resort. He's even one Tweedledum during some of the Mad T Party.
    Yes, he does. I think I also saw him over at Big Thunder Ranch as one of the barkers during Long Lost Friends Week.