Can the Storage area for Pirate boats be used as an alternative route.

I've always wanted my boat to take a left turn after going by the Wicked Wench in order to see what's behind the curtains in the boat storage area.
    The storage area is visible on the right side of this picture. from Disneyland Attraction Showcase - The Disneyland Linkage
    If they could run the boats through there, do you think with new video screen technology you could have every other boat go that way instead of by the Auction scene? You know to mix things up a little.
    It looks like it might go pretty close to the side wall.
    I don't even know if they cycle boats in and out of storage any more.

• Among mad people

Re: Can the Storage area for Pirate boats be used as an alternative route.

I'm thinking they would still need somewhere to store boats. If they used that spot, they would have to build another spot.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

One of the proposals for including the film into the attraction was Pirates of the Scareibbean. The idea was to build into this space an alternate night route where you would encounter the mutinous undead crew of the Black Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    One of the proposals for including the film into the attraction was Pirates of the Scareibbean. The idea was to build into this space an alternate night route where you would encounter the mutinous undead crew of the Black Pearl.
    This isn't half bad at all! I think that'd be great along with ghost galaxy. If this was a proposal, what happened to it?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    This isn't half bad at all! I think that'd be great along with ghost galaxy. If this was a proposal, what happened to it?
    It wasn't all that practical of an idea. It would have eaten up the storage and maintenance area as well as cost more than what was done. The idea of different day and night attractions also died when it was realized it was never going to work properly over at Space Mountain.

For those who don't know, when Space Mountain was rebuilt it was intended to have a different, rock 'N roll version at night with different music and lighting effects known as Rock It Mountain. If you look closely at the attraction marquee "ROCK IT" can be seen underneath "SPACE." The logistics of closing and resetting the attraction in the middle of the day never worked out properly, with the attraction requiring more downtime than intended.