• Koubu Pilot

Disneyland Electrical Parade Backstage Disney

In this video from 1986, we get a backstage look of the Electrical Parade at Disneyland!

Re: Disneyland Electrical Parade Backstage Disney

I used to have that show on tape! It's a great look at the parade. It's great to see it again.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Viel Spass!
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

It's really too bad WDW will keep our beloved parade. I knew it was going to happen.. they never give anything back.

I have seen this before long ago. I still watched it again to let some of the knowledge soak in. I was amazed at the cost of the costumes, 4000~5000$ per costume in Cinderella's Court , with fabrics imported from France, that really doesn't sound like the Disney i know!

Aww, thank you for this!!

I really miss this show and hope that they find a way to resurrect and update it for either of the parks in Anaheim.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Still lost in Neverland

I saw this on the Disney Channel when it was first broadcast and I didn't even have a video tape recorder. Now that it's been available on You Tube I can record it and keep it. I loved that Parade and this show just made it more magical because what they did was magic. Thanks for posting this so I can enjoy it again and again. I want the MSEP back in Disneyland on Main Street where it belongs as soon as possible,
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    It's really too bad WDW will keep our beloved parade. I knew it was going to happen.. they never give anything back.
    What's sad are the reports coming in, including Kevin's update this last week, that Spectromagic has been destroyed. It may not be the original Electrical Parade, but it also entertained many people and has found a place in people's Disney memories.

It was sad that they let Spectromagic decay. I am happy that they are keeping MSEP in MK because I personally don't want to see it come home to CA. I used to like it but now I am burnt out and want it to go away and have something new created.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

My first job at DCA great memories

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

This was one of the first specials when we got The Disney Channel back in 1988, that really made me love the channel originally.

We had seen the Electrical Parade during a few trips to Disneyland in the early/mid 80's. I was little at the time, but the special here was as fascinating as the behind-the-scenes special on making 'Oliver and Company.'

It really was quite introspective, showing the early 'floating light objects used at WDW, as well as the original concepts that were simply flat, before they were made 3D.

They even mentioned how a test-run went awry, how 'things broke' when going down Main Street. Though I kept wondering about how the one interviewee mentioned that something got 'out of control and bumped into a building on Main Street.' I would love to have known about more of that incident.

Even interesting speculative questions like how with all that goes into the parade, 'are you ever worried you're never going to get it all out there one night?'

The special also provided the only video I've seen of the Small World float (something that I believe wasn't in the parade when I saw it in 1985).

• Former Churro Jockey

I've seen the parade backstage behind Main Street many times (when it was in between performances), and I've had dinner at the CM cafeteria with the performers half in and half out of costume (the flag girls btw always seemed to be super hot!). It is pretty interesting to walk up to to some of the floats and see them with the lights turned off, especially the Alice float with her fake legs (Alice stands in a hole so that she is waist high coming out of the top of the float, and a pair of fake legs are next to her, and she spreads her dress out to cover the part in between where she is standing and the beginning of the legs so that it looks like she is sitting down on top of a mushroom). I think the thing I always took away is that the floats are really BIG when you stand right next to them.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html