•   

Disney Characters Warehouse in Fullerton

Dose anyone know if the Disney Characters Warehouse in Fullerton is still open? I read that they were going out of business.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Disney Characters Warehouse in Fullerton

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    Dose anyone know if the Disney Characters Warehouse in Fullerton is still open? I read that they were going out of business.
    It is going out of business. Their "Going Out Of Business" sale started June 22nd and goes until they have no merchandise left, then they're done. So if you want to try to score something, I suggest heading out there ASAP.

CHARACTER DEPOT STORE IN FULLERTON TO CLOSE:

Character Depot, formerly Disney's Character Warehouse, wants to thank you for shopping at our store. We are honored to have had your business over the last 17 years of our company. May God bless you and your family.

Everything 50% - 90% OFF Original Retail. Everything Must Go. Going Out Of Business. Staring tomorrow, Saturday, June 22nd.

All ouf our stores are closing down. Come benifit from this with extreme savings on EVERYTHING. All our items will be at minimum 50% off and go up to 90% off original retail. We additionally will be shipping out all warehouse inventory to our store locations and liquidating all our inventory. This is your chance to save more than we have ever offered, even over when we just conducted liquidation events in the past.

Please send this to anyone you know that loves character merchandise. Stock up for Christmas and upcoming birthdays and anniversaries. Our stores will remain open only as long as we have merchandise.

No extra discounts, coupons, or benifits will be honored from here forward. Everything priced as mark and priced to move quickly. Hurry in.

Fullerton:
    Character Depot
    227 Orangefair Mall
    Fullerton, CA 92832
    (714) 870-9363

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I stopped by the Character Warehouse last week, and they were still open. I'm not sure why they are still open, as the selection of merchandise is really poor. This used to be one of my regular stops on all my Disneyland trips, since I discovered it in the late '90's. Unfortunately, over the past 5 years, the "discounts" were less apparent, and the bargains all but disappeared.

Not sure if Disney started charged character warehouse more for the leftovers, or if character warehouse wanted a bigger profit, or both. Either way it sad to see the store go. Not sure if Character Warehouse will be able to survive with just internet sales. Especially, for any merchandise that Disney simply couldn't move. Maybe Disney will just be trashing leftovers, from now on.

• Disneymom

last time we were there, three weeks ago they told us that Disney changed there contract with them and they couldn't get the same merchandise . The selection has been going down in the last few years. I really liked it when we started going in the 2002. Bummer.

• Minion

Well I don't know what happened but the selection of park merchandise has been really horrible the past couple of years, and the "discounts" haven't been so great either. It's a shame too, because I remember when I first discovered the Disney outlet in the late 90s (back when they used to temporarily set up shop in different cities) I was like a kid in a candy store. Now all they have is generic toon merchandise (like Betty Boop and Popeye) and some Disney leftovers from Walmart.

I guess Disney has gotten so greedy now that they'd rather burn all the merchandise they can't sell rather than let someone else profit from it.

• For You!

So, is someone else getting the contract? Or are they going to push the Disney store outlets? I will really miss them.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I am number 4 of 999

There is a Disney Store Outlet in Ontario, and a Character warehouse in Pomona and between the two, The Disney Store always had better discounted, yet still more current, merchandise. The warehouse stores always had stuff that was three to four years old. Who wants a 2010 dated t-shirt in 2013 for $15? In general, though, I think stores learned their lessons in 2008-2010 and generally don't order as much stock as they used to, knowing that the loss will be greater if they have to sell it to deeper discount stores like Ross, Marshall's, etc.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

There is also a Disney Store outlet at the Premium Outlets in Camarillo , CA which is in Ventura County. There is a lot of current Disney Store merchandise there but they usually has small selection of discontinued merchandise from Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    The warehouse stores always had stuff that was three to four years old. Who wants a 2010 dated t-shirt in 2013 for $15? In general, though, I think stores learned their lessons in 2008-2010 and generally don't order as much stock as they used to, knowing that the loss will be greater if they have to sell it to deeper discount stores like Ross, Marshall's, etc.
    Or maybe they keep the old stuff until it sells. I have a hat of Donald saying "I flunked my anger management class" that someone bought for me *years* ago on their DLR trip and I've seen the t-shirt version of it at DLR fairly recently, IIRC.