• Diva Extrodinaire

My DCA Phase 2 Ideas

Turnstile Upgrade
    Basically, I would remodel the turnstiles (I know they were just done, but they really don't match Buena Vista Street) to fall in to that 1920's Hollywood-meets-missions style. It will create more cohesion and immersion right off the bat. In addition, since we don't have entrance tunnels to cover the first land in the park, we will be using trees, as well as the divider walls. Lots of foliage. I feel like you can just see in to the park, which is a little off-putting. The location would remain the same, but it would make the entrance in to Buena Vista Street a little more magical.

Fantasia Gardens to replace Disney Junior Live!
    I think an interesting premise for a ride would be to ride through sequences from Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. I would replace Disney Junior Live and its queue to create a building that creates a smoother transition in to Hollywoodland. The ride would use a trackless ride vehicle system. The building and the premise of the ride would be that you are going in to an animation studio to preview a new idea for a Walt Disney film: a set of artistic animation vignettes using classical music entitled "Fantasia." The queue would feature sketches from the films, as well as an empty animator's office and empty music recording room. The ride would feature scenes from the films, including top-notch Animatronics and effects. The ride doesn't have a through story line, but the beginning of the ride includes the first scene (Rhapsody in Blue) going from black-and-white sketches to a colorful, lively, 3-D scene. It transitions us in to the world of Fantasia, including the dancing hippos, Sorcerer Mickey, the Spring Sprite, and Chernabog. The last scene reverses the process of the entrance of the ride, going to projections and flats, as the final scene is a looping video montage of scenes from the film, as if you're in a screening room. It will involve the remodel of the restrooms next to it because the Craftsman-style bathrooms are no longer matching in theme.

Hyperion Theatre upgrade
    The facade of the theatre will look like a traditional theatre, in the style of the Hollywood Theatre. The current queue and entrance will be completely renovated, turning in to a lobby with sweeping staircases and chandeliers, much like the lobby of the Pantages Theatre. The auditorium is less of the grates and flats covering the walls, and more of actual molding and statues and details. The lobby will probably have a small gift shop that is located on the outside (so you don't have to see the show to order to buy something). Same thing with a bar/snack stand. The new show would be a 45-minute version of the Broadway musical "Mary Poppins" using the touring set.

The Great Movie Ride and Ink & Paint Club
    Replacing Monsters Inc and Hollywood & Vine would be the Great Movie Ride, using different films than the Florida version. It would use more Disney films, such as Mary Poppins, Enchanted, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Lone Ranger, and Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as Marvel properties like Iron Man and Spider Man, and Star Wars. It would be a flume boat ride, using animatronics and large, traditional sets. The queue would use archived props and costumes for a museum atmosphere. It would also swallow up the backstage area behind Monsters Inc. Across the street, the stage and little shop would be gone, as would the food places on the other side of the building. They would remain there in a new design, and the "backlot" side would be the entrance to the Ink and Paint Club. It would be a table service restaurant, with a nightly dinner show and swing dancing on Saturday night. This would be in lieu of the current dance parties. The whole "backlot" area would be remodeled to have sidewalks, including a Disney Walk of Fame, and look like a traditional street in Hollywood. There would be streetmosphere of actors shooting with dramatic directors and cameramen, as well as a small standalone stage in the middle, just in case they ever want to add a small show or put out a swing band to move swing dancing outdoors.

The Muppet Show 4D
    The facade would look like the El Captain Theatre, without the LED marquee. The theatre and queue would receive general upkeep, as well as a new film. It would feature the new Walter character, as well as cameos from Jason Segel and Amy Adams. It will also use the traditional Muppet Show opening, a new musical number for Miss Piggy featuring Madonna's "Material Girl," and music from the recent Muppet movie.

The Big Dipper and Little Dipper
    To replace the Taste Pilot's Grill, there will be a new restaurant using a pretty unusual concept for a Disney theme park restaurant: fondue. To tie in Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak, the indoor of the restaurant will look rustic and as if the roof is a starry night sky, with constellations all over it. There would be entree and dessert fondue, but it won't be traditional dinner style. It would be for larger, mid-day snacks, as a place to relax. i'm trying to work out the logistics for a counter service window called the Little Dipper.

The Flying Planes
    Next to Soarin' will be a small spinner ride with little plane vehicles. Nothing too flashy, but it will feature a large wall behind it to block out the view out of the park. Again, not sure of what to theme the wall to, but I know the spiel for the ride will involve calling the riders "junior pilots."

El Camino Real Placemaking
    The problem with DCA in my book is how awkward the transition from land to land is. Buena Vista Strreet, a bug's land, Cars Land, Pacific Wharf, Paradise Pier, and Grizzly Valley, all share a long stretch of walkway that connects Buena Vista Street to Paradise Pier. A simple, but cohesive way to make this corridor interesting would be to create El Camino Real. Instead of some of the many small signs pointing to different rides, there will be signs on the side of the street that are reminiscent of freeway signs, with sayings like "Cars Land, next exit." It's nothing major, but it will be a way to create smoother transitions from land to land. Finally, there will be the addition of transportation vehicles riding down the way, including old-school "woody" cars and some form of a bus.

Hot Air Balloons and King Triton's Carousel
    Jumpin' Jellyfish will be moved to the final "western" helix of California Screamin', where it will be retimed to hot air balloons. No tie-ins, nothing outlandish, but done with nice details. An additional detail will be a new canopy that looks like a stained-glass dome to cover the top of the two towers. To make room for the queue, King Triton's Carousel will be moved to the eastern helix of Screamin', replacing what used to be the Maliboomer. It will be on that second-level pad, and many plants and a small garden will be put around it. The replacement for Jumpin' Jellyfish will be the gift shop from across the way (next to Corn Dog Castle). That and Corn Dog Castle will be removed to make way for the next two additions.

Ariel's Aquarium
    Replacing the gift shop and Corn Dog Castle will be an aquarium and Ariel meet-and-greet. The building will match the style of the Little Mermaid attraction building, with a dome and the flags.The aquarium will be the walls of the queue inside the small building, which will be floor to ceiling. You can meet Ariel on the inside in her mermaid form, and every once in a while Prince Eric will join for pictures.

The Haunted Funhouse of Villainy
    Mullholland Madness will now be completely demolished for a new two-level dark ride, done in the style of the old Fantasyland dark rides. It will be themed to a funhouse, with spinning tunnels and shift-shaping mirrors, but it will feature spooky additions featuring the Disney villains. Each room, ten in total, will be themed to a different villain and something to lightly "scare" the riders. It's a small, but hopefully well-detailed addition that will finally give the villains a ride and add the idea of a seaside pier funhouse, if not one that looks a little run down and enchanted.

As of right now, I'm leaving a bug's land as is because soon I will demolish it, as well as using the left over expansion area, to build a new land called Mission Square, featuring a Three Caballeros dark ride and a Zorro stunt show. However, I already have a lot above and Disney wouldn't build ALL of this!

Thoughts?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Re: My DCA Phase 2 Ideas

Sounds great to me.

I think putting The Great Movie Ride in HL is a good idea & updating Muppets. I think Roger Rabbit should replace Monsters. I also think they should build Monsters University somewhere (but which park?). Soarin needs an update, but it needs to stay true to the "California" theme. As for the rest of your ideas, I think they are good "starter" ideas, but nothing that really stands out.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Thanks guys! Monsters would be fine in another park, just not DCA.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Apply to WDI now!!!!! Lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• A Happy Haunt

Demolish toontown and make that Monsteropolis/University

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    The Great Movie Ride and Ink & Paint Club
    Replacing Monsters Inc and Hollywood & Vine would be the Great Movie Ride, using different films than the Florida version. It would use more Disney films, such as Mary Poppins, Enchanted, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Lone Ranger, and Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as Marvel properties like Iron Man and Spider Man, and Star Wars. It would be a flume boat ride, using animatronics and large, traditional sets. The queue would use archived props and costumes for a museum atmosphere. It would also swallow up the backstage area behind Monsters Inc. Across the street, the stage and little shop would be gone, as would the food places on the other side of the building. They would remain there in a new design, and the "backlot" side would be the entrance to the Ink and Paint Club. It would be a table service restaurant, with a nightly dinner show and swing dancing on Saturday night. This would be in lieu of the current dance parties. The whole "backlot" area would be remodeled to have sidewalks, including a Disney Walk of Fame, and look like a traditional street in Hollywood. There would be streetmosphere of actors shooting with dramatic directors and cameramen, as well as a small standalone stage in the middle, just in case they ever want to add a small show or put out a swing band to move swing dancing outdoors.

I like these ideas a lot, and see you also want an Ink & Paint Club restaurant (I posted about this very recently). I dig the idea for a different version of the GMR with the Disney and more modern film twist, and a Disney Walk of Fame.