• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

What was the 4th like at Disneyland?

I was just curious what the holiday was like at the park. Did they do anything special to mark the day? Anyone have any pics or video of te fireworks? The closest I have ever gotten to them was as a kid in Laguna Hills and on a good night on the 4th we could see them Waaayyy off in the distance.

Re: What was the 4th like at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    I was just curious what the holiday was like at the park. Did they do anything special to mark the day? Anyone have any pics or video of te fireworks? The closest I have ever gotten to them was as a kid in Laguna Hills and on a good night on the 4th we could see them Waaayyy off in the distance.
    I would love to tell you, but I can't. I tried to get into parking about 8:30 p.m., and it was such a mess that I turned around and went home. Lines to get into the lots were awful. What I can tell you is that there were tons of locals camped out on the streets surrounding DL and DCA. I saw one family narrowly miss being hit as they crossed a street illegally. Looked like there were a lot of neighbors on foot heading into DTD and the Esplanade.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pretty much just special Independence Day fireworks (which apparently they've been offering all week). I have friends who were they and they tweeted photos showing Main Street was at total gridlock before the fireworks.

should disney start requiring people to have a park ticket to get past the security checkpoint on holidays like the 4th and new years to prevent people from getting a free firework show?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    should disney start requiring people to have a park ticket to get past the security checkpoint on holidays like the 4th and new years to prevent people from getting a free firework show?
    They are just fireworks without music. It's like if they were watching it from anywhere. This happens everynight.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Sock Puppet

It started out peacefully earlier in the day but as the day went on it got worse, people started showing up and headed straight for main street, by 7 PM main street was a mess, I'm sorry I mean before the evening parade started it was a mess, I went by myself just to take it all in and I hung out at Coke corner and Plaza Inn most of the day, I tried attractions but it wasn't worth the waits they had, all in all the best way to put it.... It was typical Disney on a national holiday

• Minion

ORWEN: Very interesting. Now would anybody care to tell us what it was like at Disneyland on July 5th?

I have a few pics of the special fireworks show at ca adventure....not sure how to post pics here.. I thought the show was really great! We went the 2nd and 3rd, same show as the 4th. Lines weren't bad at all had a great time.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Very interesting. Now would anybody care to tell us what it was like at Disneyland on July 5th?
    Heading home from there now. It wasn't too bad today. Left CA Adventure 10 min before the fireworks at Disneyland started and was able to get a spot north of the Emporium. It was a little crazy going further into the park after the fireworks, but it always is.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Actually overall both parks seem to be pretty quiet. Yeah it sounded like it got crazy around fireworks time, along with the esplanade (where I watched them from) and DTD as well but outside of that, it was a pretty slow day! I even briefly went in DL to find nothing more than 45 mins with the exception of Splash. Most were 30 mins or less. I ended up going to DCA after the DL fireworks and that park was so empty by closing TSM was a 5 min wait. The second showing of WOC was so dead they let me in the viewing area without a FP. They just let anyone in. It was a great view and I LOVED the 4th special for WOC. First time I seen it. Pretty cool.

I didnt go to the resort with the intention of actually going in the parks at all. I went to see a movie and dinner at DTD basically. But they had so few crowds all day I decided to go in briefly. If I knew they would be so low I wouldve probably made a day of it and do my dream of an all day salute to America theme I always think about doing for the 4th...but the crowds always scare me from doing lol.

• Minion

ORGOCH: So, what was Dizzyland like on July 6th?

My wife and I went on the 4th. We showed up at about 4pm.

Since we were coming from the South, we parked in the Toy Story lot...at 4pm, they were still guiding us to Woody. Buzz and Jessie weren't even touched yet. (Got a great parking space, too).

Getting to the gates, there were no entry lines at either DL or DCA, however, there were a lot of guests there. I think the lack of lines was due to the number of gates they had open and cast members working.

Mickey was out, dressed in 4th finery.

The Marines marching band was out for the retiring of the colors and for a small presentation down Main Street. Was very nice, and a set a very patriotic air.

There were certainly a lot of people there, but the lines weren't overly long or anything. We went to grab a fastpass for Space Mountain first. The standby line was 45 minutes, and the fastpasses were available all the way until 9:15 at night.

After that, we went and did a 20 minute wait for Indiana Jones, and another 20 minute (or less?) wait for Jungle cruise (the upstairs queue was half full). Had a stroll around the park, a ride on Autopia (12 minute wait) a ride on Buzz (10 min) and a ride on the Haunted Mansion (which was literally a walk-on). Matterhorn we did twice, the first time the line was only at the formerly ivy-covered wall, and the second time, the line was just at the exit cross-over.

So, yeah, overall, the lines were quite short, nothing out of the ordinary for a summer day. In fact, with HM being a walk-on, Autopia being so short, and Matterhorn being at the exit cross-over, I'd say they were quite a bit shorter than normal.

We did notice that people were already camping out spots in the hub for the fireworks as early as 5:30, and cast members were guiding people around to facilitate this. But I have to assume people were there since almost opening and took the chance to take an extended break while the rest of their party continued on....right??

Oh, our fastpass time for Space was for 8:50-9:50. So we hit it at about 9pm (which is when I noticed they were still giving out fast passes for 11:30). When we got off the ride, we strolled over to Small World to watch the fireworks. Again, a large group there, sitting on the ground...but we were able to walk up right next to that little stand across from the Small World gift shop and have a perfect view of the show.

With all the people that seemed to be there, it never felt overly crowded, and I never felt like I was waiting in line. Heck, even the Dole Whip line was only a half-dozen people, which is something I NEVER see anymore.