Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Re: What the 3rd Gate Park Might Be!

Hey, DCAFanatic.

I know what Third Park might be!

How about a 3rd Disneyland Park, with new areas: Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and SEGA

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Only time will tell.

• Artistic integrity

I would prefer it Disney put their Marvel and Star Wars ideas into a Third Gate. They are not doing Tomorrowland fans service .. or Marvel fans or Star Wars fans service .. if they compromise .. by trying to compact both together.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Banned User

But there is the very real possibility that there might not be a 3rd gate. The fact that they are wanting to incorporate Marvel and Star Wars into the existing gates to me says that they dont have c urrent plans for a 3rd gate. I have stated before that I have spoken with someone inside Disney, finances, who told me there is absolutely no plans currently and there is not even any long term planning taking place concerning a 3rd gate. He would 100% know.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I would prefer it Disney put their Marvel and Star Wars ideas into a Third Gate. They are not doing Tomorrowland fans service .. or Marvel fans or Star Wars fans service .. if they compromise .. by trying to compact both together.
    True. But by mashing Star Wars and Marvel into their existing Anaheim parks, Disney would be doing service to two things that they've repeatedly shown are much more important to them than the feelings of fans: their bottom line profits and Eisner's mandate that "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."

This is Disney Corp -- when money talks, theme walks. The Strategic Planners and Chief Financial Officers who run Disney Parks would have no more problem jamming comic book superheroes, talking cartoon fish and space fantasy characters from "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" into Tomorrowland (a land dedicated to "achievements that will benefit our children and generations to come" and "adventures that are a living blueprint of our future") than they would with cartoon mermaids and monsters in Disney California Adventure (a park dedicated to "the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed - and were forever changed by - The Golden State.")
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    You seriously need to learn how to word ideas. Rumors usually include the word "might" or "possible" or "rumored to". The title is completely illogical.

And please credit where you got your images, cause you didn't make that.
    Zounds Rave! A couple of months ago DCAfanatic's 3rd gate concept image sparked one of the most productive 3rd gate discussion threads that the boards have seen for at least a year. As a result it's become one of the more well known meme's (I'm old, would you call it a meme?) on MiceChat's DLR boards right now.

As far as the topic I think 2023 is probably the ideal year for the reasons DCAfanatic already mentioned and it opens up the kind of marketing opportunities that make DCA's opening look like a blip on the radar. The only question is how much attention has the idea been getting over at HQ and are they ready to kickoff a ten year campaign, have they already? I'm inspired to hunt down a couple of imagineers this D23 and see what kind of responses I get to these q's.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    But there is the very real possibility that there might not be a 3rd gate. The fact that they are wanting to incorporate Marvel and Star Wars into the existing gates to me says that they dont have c urrent plans for a 3rd gate. I have stated before that I have spoken with someone inside Disney, finances, who told me there is absolutely no plans currently and there is not even any long term planning taking place concerning a 3rd gate. He would 100% know.
    Dusty Sage already confirmed that the 3rd gate is in its early stages of planning and he's a very good source

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Zounds Rave! A couple of months ago DCAfanatic's 3rd gate concept image sparked one of the most productive 3rd gate discussion threads that the boards have seen for at least a year. As a result it's become one of the more well known meme's (I'm old, would you call it a meme?) on MiceChat's DLR boards right now.
    Can't tell if you're being serious, but the site plans posted on DCAfantatic's 3rd gate threads are by me. It's cool if people want to link to them to discuss stuff on Micechat, but proper credit is appreciated (as noted by a number of people here).

Back to the topic, the plan I put together focused on land-use issues for the park itself (unusual layout, small parcel, apart from main plaza, sight-lines) rather than what content I would expect a 3rd Gate to contain (mine emphasized original, non-pre-established IP attractions, aka things that wouldn't be built under the current corporate strategy).

My questions (if I were to draw another version for that site):
    1. How likely is Disney to acquire the smaller surrounding plots (on the same superblock) in order to give themselves more room for a 3rd Gate?
    2. Would the park have a specific overall theme (e.g. DCA 1.0, DAK) or be more loosely themed (IoA, MK)? What would be its icon?
    3. If this imagined 3rd gate were to open with 5 lands, each having 0-2 E tickets, 0-2 D tickets, 1-3 C tickets, 1-3 B tickets (moderate composition), what would they be according to the Company. Or, what would the make-up be according to you?

With at least a decade of films likely to be released before a 3rd Gate opens, it's probably tough to know (for instance, by 2020 there could be some new super-hot franchises getting fast-tracked for park development).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Pretty much this Randy Savage posted this a while ago plus RS always makes these types of drawings.
    I love OP's enthusiasm for a third park but I fell out of my chair when I saw he posted Randy Savage's design AGAIN when I already politely asked him to do so a couple of weeks ago in yet another thread about Park 3. (He happily complied.)

So yeah, that goes for this thread and any others down the road OP.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Maybe next time you can be more polite before you post and maybe he did make that, you have no way of knowing, there are those of us who take art courses and can map things just like that or better so before you criticize get some facts please, he could have worked for hours on it
    Incorrect, MrsMonroe, now you know the whole story. Randy's been credited in the Original Post.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Can't tell if you're being serious, but the site plans posted on DCAfantatic's 3rd gate threads are by me. It's cool if people want to link to them to discuss stuff on Micechat, but proper credit is appreciated (as noted by a number of people here).

Thanks for your classy and calm response. You are very talented, that design took a lot of effort, and those who appreciate this got your back, brother.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Thanks for the support, OP are being mean here geez!
    No one is being mean. Hopefully you are learning the ropes.

As I said I love your enthusiasm for a third park.

But you posted Randy's personal artwork without permission or even so much as any credit whatsoever not once but twice in different threads in the same month.

After we coached you how to do it once before. That's why people seem mad.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Dusty Sage already confirmed that the 3rd gate is in its early stages of planning and he's a very good source
    This is Disney. Planning is nothing close to a guarantee.
    Planning News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast