Cool An unusual problem?

Hello! I have quite an unusual problem. I dont know if anyone will be able to actually help, but I decided it was at least worth trying. I was visiting Disneyland one week ago and one of the employees really stood out to me. I think he was a security guy, because he was in charge of the parade and he was wearing a typical security uniform. My problem is, I didnt want to disturb him at work (also, I was too shy to go up and talk to him anyway), so now all I really know about him is his first name and the fact that he works at Disneyland. Is there any way for me to contact him? I was thinking about sending a letter to Disneyland, but in that case I need a specific address. I realize this might sound crazy, but I dont want to give up before even trying. Thank you in advance for all help and advice!

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: An unusual problem?

Quote Originally Posted by accident View Post
    Hello! I have quite an unusual problem. I dont know if anyone will be able to actually help, but I decided it was at least worth trying. I was visiting Disneyland one week ago and one of the employees really stood out to me. I think he was a security guy, because he was in charge of the parade and he was wearing a typical security uniform. My problem is, I didnt want to disturb him at work (also, I was too shy to go up and talk to him anyway), so now all I really know about him is his first name and the fact that he works at Disneyland. Is there any way for me to contact him? I was thinking about sending a letter to Disneyland, but in that case I need a specific address. I realize this might sound crazy, but I dont want to give up before even trying. Thank you in advance for all help and advice!

If you are wanting to let his employer know that he was doing a great job, send a letter to City Hall. If you are wanting to meet him for personal reasons (not that there's anything wrong with seeing a cute guy & wanting to meet him), then IMHO it isn't appropriate to send a personal letter in care of someone's employer. Remember, it will be opened & read by someone else first. I don't think you'd get him in trouble, but it might cause embarrassment (he could be involved, engaged or married). Plus it might get your name & phone number or email 'out there' where someone could misuse it.

If you want to meet him, best (& unfortunately the most expensive) bet would be to go back to DL at approximately the same day of the week & time & look for him.

All that being said, I'm of a different generation than you, so things may have changed!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: An unusual problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If you are wanting to let his employer know that he was doing a great job, send a letter to City Hall. If you are wanting to meet him for personal reasons (not that there's anything wrong with seeing a cute guy & wanting to meet him), then IMHO it isn't appropriate to send a personal letter in care of someone's employer. Remember, it will be opened & read by someone else first. I don't think you'd get him in trouble, but it might cause embarrassment (he could be involved, engaged or married). Plus it might get your name & phone number or email 'out there' where someone could misuse it.

If you want to meet him, best (& unfortunately the most expensive) bet would be to go back to DL at approximately the same day of the week & time & look for him.

All that being said, I'm of a different generation than you, so things may have changed!
    Regardless of generation, I feel like this is great advice.