Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• a wind to shake the stars

Re: Would you like to see Adventure Land become a mini Avatarland?

This thread gives me nightmares. I feel bad for whichever executives made the Avatarland deal happen just before the Star Wars deal went through... I mean, I think Avatarland could be interesting if done right but I just don't think anyone cares. It was a big, pretty film but I can't name a single character and I don't think any part of it was compelling enough to build an entire land.

• Minion

The only bad thing about the JC I would like to scrap are the disinterested skippers I've had. Keep the good ones and keep Adventureland.

• Minion

I'd rather see the subs rethemed to "The Abyss" than anything Avatar, if they insist on having Cameronland somewhere.

•   
    • Minion

No.

Not sure when you go to the parks but the jc is always busy. Maybe an hour before close its a 5 min wait but so Is hm and potc etc.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Not sure when you go to the parks but the jc is always busy. Maybe an hour before close its a 5 min wait but so Is hm and potc etc.
    Hey, they've both had good runs at 44 and 46 years respectively. Maybe we can replace those with National Treasure Land and Witch Mountain Land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Hey, they've both had good runs at 44 and 46 years respectively. Maybe we can replace those with National Treasure Land and Witch Mountain Land.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone important might hear you and run with it!!!!!!

• Singing Drinker

Witch Mountain? I'm down! I can see it now - Join Tony & Tia in your own very special motion-base mounted Winnebago as you drive at moderately dangerous speeds doing low-level stunt driving through the backwaters of the San Fernando Valley!

What?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    are you kidding? Just in the dateline disneyland update today, the jungle cruise was pulling in a forty minute wait time.

Are we allowed to say hell no here?
    h, e, doubletoothpicks no
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Too bad they never made that High School Musical sequel - the one where they were supposed to be heading off for college.

Then they could have changed the Haunted Mansion into High School Musical: Troy and Chad's Frat House Party Bash! It would be perfect! The ballroom would be a huge dance party and they could replace the organist with a DJ spinning out HSM tunes with the gang dancing around. And the cemetery could be converted into a pool party scene. The HM even resembles a frat house so it would be perfect!

• Closed Account

No. Not only do I love The Jungle Cruise, but I would hate to see them put an Avatarland in Disneyland.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Avatar not even Disney. That movie is about as "un Disney" as you can get.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    No. Not only do I love The Jungle Cruise, but I would hate to see them put an Avatarland in Disneyland.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Avatar not even Disney. That movie is about as "un Disney" as you can get.
    They are working with James Cameron for a Florida project in the AK and if its a hit there, they might bring it here
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 07-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    They are working with James Cameron for a Florida project in the AK and if its a hit they might bring it here
    Ah, well no worries, then. 'Cause I can't imagine it will be.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    They are working with James Cameron for a Florida project in the AK and if its a hit they might bring it here
    "If Avatarland is a hit in Florida they might bring it to Disneyland" is like saying "if the wind is right it might rain Gulf Stream fishes in the Mojave Desert" -- theoretically possible, but extremely unlikely.

As has been discussed numerous times in numerous threads in the WDW forum, the status of Avatarland in Florida is unconfirmed and its completion is very much a matter for doubt. You don't know any more than the rest of us that "they are working with James Cameron," much less that "if it's a hit they might bring it here."

The only confirmable fact about Avatarland in Florida is that on this Disney site and others, the overwhelming response from fans is that they don't like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    This thread gives me nightmares. I feel bad for whichever executives made the Avatarland deal happen just before the Star Wars deal went through... I mean, I think Avatarland could be interesting if done right but I just don't think anyone cares. It was a big, pretty film but I can't name a single character and I don't think any part of it was compelling enough to build an entire land.
    This.

The executives who made the Avatarland deal happen are Tom Staggs (whose idea it was rumored to be) and Bob Iger.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Dont give them any ideas people lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Did the April Fools Joke on MiceAge this year give you this idea.? Sorry, but Adventureland is fine the way it is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast