Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mickeys Halloween Party!! Who's in?

Not sure which date yet, but it will be a Friday. Taking a 45 year old man for his birthday LOL Our inner child comes out so bad.
    He hasn't been since before DCA redid everything. So he'll have a pretty mind blown weekend.

We just like the idea of being big kids running around. Now to costume plan as well.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Oh man, he's in for such a treat! And so are you! I love taking new people to Disneyland. Its almost like seeing it for the first time yourself. I need to get started on my costume too!

• ^_~.

^Speaking of costumes, I've been looking on the Disney website, and I'm not seeing any guidelines for dressing up. I feel at a place like Disney that they would have some restrictions. I imagine they would turn away people wearing excessively gory/bloody costumes, but does anyone know what the general rules are? Can you wear full-face makeup? Masks? Do they have restrictions on how revealing or form-fitting a costume can be, or what kind of props you can carry?
    I'm trying to decide between a couple of different costumes, and I'd like to know what I've got to work with ^_~.

• "Always On The Move..."

Costume guidelines should be there. I know that they are on my tickets. Basically nothing scary or gory. Masks can be worn, but eyes need to be able to be seen at all times. If dressing as a Disney character no pictures or autographs can be taken or given. No realistic weapons (but lightsabers are ok). Hope this helps a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Oh, I'm glad to hear the lightsabers are okay as my grandson is dressing up as a Jedi! He is so excited he can hardly stand it! And we have just under 3 months to wait. LOL

I am thinking of being a chimney sweep.....

....or a tiki room bird o.o shhhhh
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME o
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• #LOVEWINS

I have yet to attend a Mickey's Halloween party and been very curious. I'm assuming it's geared for the little ones?

Purchased our tickets this morning. The Grandson is VERY excited as is the Grandma! I wasn't going to dress up....but now I don't know. I figured I could ship the costumes to the Hotel so we don't waste space and pounds on the plane...He's going as a Jedi, I don't know what to be. I'm sure it would be fun to go dressed up. I will have to think about this. Anyone else going on the 8th?

Princess Liz, those are fantastic ideas!! I wanted to dress like one of the pinata girls from Soundsational, with the party hat skirt, but my husband and daughter say they wont be seen with me like that LoL

Shadwick, you should totally dress up!

Dreams, someone else could probably answer you better. I dont think the party is geared toward little ones any more than the park itself is. Afterall, if youre going to be a big kid, this is the place for it, right?

Thanks for the encouragement to dress up Oodelally...I want to, I just don't know what to dress up as. I'm thinking of maybe Yoda so I kind do match with my little Jedi, or maybe Indiana Jones. *sigh* decisions, decisions.
    Diana

• -

The best thing is that the Halloween Parties are completely smoke free this year.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Are all of the characters going to be out for the Halloween Party?
    I'd really like to meet Alice, but I just get this feeling that she's not going to be there.
    Not that I have anything to base that off of lol

• Disney Geek wannabe

We attended last year and had an absolute ball! We are looking forward to this year's bash. Last year my husband did not want us to dress up, he said dressing up was for the kiddies, he said he didn't want to stand out wearing a costume. He felt so silly because we stood out for NOT wearing costumes! Everyone is dressed up somehow, some people are so amazingly creative! This year we are going to dress up as; Ursula (me, the momma) Ariel (our 2.5 year old daughter) and Daddy is prince Eric. It was not our original idea but we took sweet cheeks to the Disney store and as soon as she laid eyes on the Ariel costume she started stripping her clothes on the spot in the middle of the store!!!

We are attending the Tuesday October 15th party which in hindsight I regret buying tickets for since the day before is Columbus day and is a holiday. We ended up with so much candy last year, it was unreal the amount we ended up with I used it to hand out to trick or treaters at my house Halloween night.
    If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.
    A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The best thing is that the Halloween Parties are completely smoke free this year.

Wow, thanks for pointing this out calsig31. I was planning on going this year sometime because I skipped last year, and I'm not sure I would have noticed that little no smoking areas blurb on it's webpage if I had not searched for it after reading your post. If I had shown up not prepared for this, it would have been a very unpleasant surprise.
    Oh well, I'll just go during the day sometime this season to get my DL Halloween fix. I've seen that fireworks show so many times already, and I don't need any free candy anyway ;-)
    Last edited by Steveman; 09-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Will be there the 18th
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast