Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mickeys Halloween Party!! Who's in?

Tickets bought & hotel reserved!!! Im so excited!! Anyone wanna reveal their costume? I dont, but maybe someone else would like to.

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Mickeys Halloween Party!! Who's in?

LOL. Discussing the dates with my husband, but we plan on going. As what/who is still up in the air.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• -

Going to at least two of the parties.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

We'll be there Monday Oct 21 through Saturday Oct 26. We'll be attending one of the 3 parties that week but I can't decide which one. I'm trying to choose between the Wednesday or the Friday party, and not use one of our park hopper days on the day we attend the party. The Wednesday party could be less crowded as the evening goes on compared to the Friday party. But, not using our park hopper on a Wednesday (which are typically less busy days than Fridays) doesn't seem to be good planning.

Does anyone know how busy DL and DCA are on the mornings/early afternoons on party days, prior to party ticket holders being let into DL?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post
    Does anyone know how busy DL and DCA are on the mornings/early afternoons on party days, prior to party ticket holders being let into DL?
    The closer it comes to 3 hours before the start time of the party, the busier it gets. The three hours before start time, the park is super crowded because there is an overlap between regular day patrons and people attending the party. Once the party starts, anyone without a party ticket have to leave and the crowd levels drop. It's not a ghost town, by any means, but the crowd is noticeably lighter.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Think im skipping this years. Last year I noticed it felt waaaaaaay more crowded than previous yearsi have been. I think people said they allowed more tickets to be sold and that to me showed by the crowds of the two parties I went to.

We skipped last year, so we'll probably go this year. We were pirates last time, but I don't know what we'll do this year.

• Selfie Expert

I want to VERY badly, but I don't think it would be a great idea for us this year seeing as how we need to save some pennies and I would be well into my third trimester.

I want each and everyone one of you saying that you're going to post pictures so that I can live vicariously through you!! Have fun!!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Just got my tickets for the 11th of October!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The closer it comes to 3 hours before the start time of the party, the busier it gets. The three hours before start time, the park is super crowded because there is an overlap between regular day patrons and people attending the party. Once the party starts, anyone without a party ticket have to leave and the crowd levels drop. It's not a ghost town, by any means, but the crowd is noticeably lighter.
    I was specifically referring to the time before they start letting any party ticket holders enter the park? Is that time more or less crowded than the morning/early afternoon of a non-party day?

The Halloween party is just about the only thing WDW does better than DL. Ive been hoping that as they added parties they may add to the scale of the party(more characters, adding a show like WDW has, etc). Any rumors of anything new this year? I know the parade is fun, but WDW is far longer and much better IMO. Would love to see it expanded.

Yay!! Im so happy to see that Im not the only one who gets this excited over Halloween. And Kelly, I cant imagine a better excuse to miss the party. Your own adventure will be far more exciting, and then youll have a newbie to take the next year.

So the last time I attended this party was 2006, and A LOT has changed, including the crowds. Im thinking that we will return to our hotel to change into costumes around 3 when the crowds pick up. There are four of us, so it will take a while to walk both ways, change, & eat. Im also thinking that we should bring a Disney themed jack-o-lantern and leave it outside our hotel door (with a light rather than a candle, of course). Do you think that would fly?

Isnt it Autumn yet??

For anyone who has attended the Halloween parties in previous years, are you still allowed to shop on Main Street for the hour after the party ends? On a normal night, the Main Street shops stay open for an hour after the inital park closing time...is that also true for Halloween party nights?

• Vidia's Minion

Well the 30th is my birthday so it's a good bet I'll definitely be there then for sure. Probably another one in early Oct.

I am going to the party on the 8th. Never been to one of these...I'm hoping it will be fun for me and my 7 year old grandson. Looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast