Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

I think Monstropolis is gonna happen!

By the fall of 2016 is the projected date for Monstropolis to open in DCA and We can't wait , I really believe that this attraction along with another dark ride in DCA (mystic manor type) behind ToT or in PP will make DCA and DL finally get its 50/50 attendance split that TDA wanted to achieve when building DCA which makes the DLR resort a success and of course not forgetting the tomorrow land makeover during That time as well, and after all that TDA will finally get its toe in the water for the eventually 3rd gate in the DLR, exciting times are coming for the DLR and we can't wait!

Share your thoughts and have faith in WDI on making Monstropolis work in DCA cause its coming wether we like it or not!

http://www.micechat.com/34900-miceag...-tomorrowland/
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 07-09-2013 at 06:27 AM.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

re: I think Monstropolis is gonna happen!

Where did you see a proposed date of fall 2016 for Monstropolis? Because we are planning our DLR trip in 2016 and I'd like to read more!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Will ask like everyone else; Source?

Source?

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

There's no room behind tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Thank you, Mortgageman!

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

That's pretty strong evidence. I would say that it looks like Iger has bigger plans for DLR than just Monstropolis. I don't think he would have convened the board of directors at the resort to pitch Monstropolis. The last time he did this was to get the 1.2 billion approved. I have a feeling Anaheim is about to see another HUGE investment, maybe beyond what we just witnessed.
    Possibly new resorts and setting the stage for a 3rd gate? This is pretty cool.
    DCAfanatic, I love your enthusiasm, but will you PLEASE stop posting things that aren't true, as if they are well known facts.
    In this case, Disney NEVER expected DCA to be getting 50% of the attendance at the resort. I believe, and someone correct me if I'm mistaken on the number, they were estimating somewhere north of 7 million.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Mary Niven and Michael Colglazier would like to see the new mini-land and E Ticket Door Coaster open by the Fall of 2016...
    Although I agree this is strong evidence of a great possibility it will happen, it is NOT a committment. To say it is a projected opening is sort of a stretch at this point. Give me a statement that it has been approved and I'll buy it.

• Minion

Avartarland still isn't happening...

• Banned User

I think its more than EXTREMELY likely that both Monstropolis and Star Wars are headed to the resort, as well as other additions. This, IMHO, is way past crazy rumors. However, nothing is set in stone, but you could say that about every addition.
    People were killing me when I was posting that Monsters inc. was taking over SuperStar Limo. The board obviously trusts Iger immensely or they wouldn't have begged him to stay. I doubt very seriously they would have that level of trust, and then decline his pitch for DLR expansion.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I'm not doubting that Monsters and Star Wars (and Marvel stuff) are headed for DLR. I'm just saying don't imply that it is a done deal when it is only a very likely scenario. Who knows, the Monstropolis stuff may not hit until 2020...

• Closed Account

I don't think anything would give Disneyland and DCA the 50/50 attendance split. I think Disneyland will always be more popular. It's just like Disney World, the Magic Kingdom's other parks are nowhere near a 50/50 attendance split. If and when Monstropolis does happen, it will just make people who dislike the Monster's franchise steer even more clear of DCA. I don't dislike the franchise, but I don't think every franchise needs to be made into a land. I know that is the future of the parks. But it stinks in my opinion. How about something new, original, different?

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I'm not doubting that Monsters and Star Wars (and Marvel stuff) are headed for DLR. I'm just saying don't imply that it is a done deal when it is only a very likely scenario. Who knows, the Monstropolis stuff may not hit until 2020...
    If you see the Disney Board of Directors at the parks it's gonna happen sonner rather than later
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I don't think anything would give Disneyland and DCA the 50/50 attendance split. I think Disneyland will always be more popular. It's just like Disney World, the Magic Kingdom's other parks are nowhere near a 50/50 attendance split. If and when Monstropolis does happen, it will just make people who dislike the Monster's franchise steer even more clear of DCA. I don't dislike the franchise, but I don't think every franchise needs to be made into a land. I know that is the future of the parks. But it stinks in my opinion. How about something new, original, different?
    Disney is so corporate now that original ideas to the parks won't happened cause disney share holders want to see dollars, and if Cars Land is any indication this is the direction they are going ! Especially here in the states!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast