Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    I see it more as MILF (seriously, they know we do acronyms, who thought this was a good name for an attraction?) coming in to replace the aging EO as a tourniquet, with it being moved over to Monstropolis once they have a more permanent project to move in there. It's just a stop gap, and it'll let them load up the Starcade retail space with Monster's product. It's just a marketing push for the store.
    You may be on to something there. As the Star Trader is already set up as a Star Wars themed store, I could see your theory coming true. That is, until the Star Wars revamp is complete.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

When the article stated that there would be mostly good news I got excited.
    Seems like we are just getting more of what we already have. Tomorrowland is getting more Star Wars and Monsters INC just being randomly plopped around the park, only it's okay now because they are going to detail the rides well.

Star Wars seems fun but I was kind of hoping for something else as Star Tours is still new and a great ride. Monsters has nothing to do with Hollywoodland & I was hoping after the great job they did with BVS that they'd want to model Hollywoodland the same way. Then to add two Monster rides in different parks, ehh.

The plans could be great though, just initially was not excited reading the news. I know Disney is capable of better plans.

• Rock Star Minion

100,000 AP'ers that require GAC?

That appears to be more of an AP Program issue than it is a GAC issue.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

Interesting update... I'm glad that there's a lot coming down the pike, but it also is going to be interesting to see how THESE "fairly solid rumors" go with other ones such as the Iron Mannoventions plan.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    One GAC card holder and one person to accompany them that is what it should be. Not 6 tag a longs.
    The problem with that is when it is a single disabled parent with two small kids. The parent can’t leave one child to ride with another.
    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Same here. Why don't they just put it in Monstropolis where it would fit in?
    Probably because there has been no confirmation yet that there will be a Monstropolis yet, let alone a laugh floor.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Evil is Sexy

I'm very sad that Tron may have pushed to the side, again. Tron fits in TL just as much as SW does.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Probably because there has been no confirmation yet that there will be a Monstropolis yet, let alone a laugh floor.
    I hope there isn't a confirmation for Monstropolis or MILF. Hollywoodland and Tomorrowland need attractions that are actually relevant to the land's theme.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I hope there isn't a confirmation for Monstropolis or MILF. Hollywoodland and Tomorrowland need attractions that are actually relevant to the land's theme.
    I think we should send t-shirts to the powers that be at Disney with those exact words written on them and make these people wear them everyday until it sinks in.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

The problem with that is when it is a single disabled parent with two small kids. The parent can’t leave one child to ride with another.
    IMO most of the issues could be solved by simply removing the "One size fits all" designation and basing it on a medical judgement rendered by the guest's physician.

Disability comes with gradients and with diagnoses and stated limitations. If you can't stand, your doctor will provide you with a note. If your child is dangerous to other children if forced to wait in a line for an hour, you doctor will provide you with a note.

It places Disney in the unfortunate role of having to tell people "no" over something that they get very tetchy about. But seriously? For every party that actually *needs* six people to attend to the one person on the pass (what, a trauma crash team?) there are hundreds who would easily be able to use 'marker' Fastpasses where most of the party waits in line and the disabled party is loaded in when they reach the front. Moving to that standard would solve a large part of the issue right there. Frankly, if you or your child literally cannot wait any time at all for rides because doing so would be medically dangerous I begin to question why you are at the park at all.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    For every party that actually *needs* six people to attend to the one person on the pass (what, a trauma crash team?) there are hundreds who would easily be able to use 'marker' Fastpasses where most of the party waits in line and the disabled party is loaded in when they reach the front. Moving to that standard would solve a large part of the issue right there. Frankly, if you or your child literally cannot wait any time at all for rides because doing so would be medically dangerous I begin to question why you are at the park at all.
    This. So - Totally - This.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Minion

I think we should send t-shirts to the powers that be at Disney with those exact words written on them and make these people wear them everyday until it sinks in.
    Brilliant idea.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Senior Minion

Lemme get this straight... the same head-in-the-sand executives who for years have ignored the testimony of their frontline managers that there is a major problem with their GAC policy, are now suddenly going to acquire the knowledge, experience and wisdom to fix it?

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I'm just going to keep hoping that all this Monstropolis and Laugh Floor nonsense is nothing more than a bad rumor.

I don't mind the Star Wars bikes idea, but Tron bikes would look much nicer at night. I'm not sure I believe they will do this ride anyway. It seems like it would have low ride capacity and the PM tracks are in such bad shape.

•   
    • Minion

I like the idea of having the laugh floor here. The attraction has a solid flow of people in WDW and it does offer a different show if you go more than once. BUT it should go in Monstroplis if they are already building that subland off of Hollywoodland. You would have three Monster inc attractions next to each other and could make a well themed area. If they are going to do it at all I would at least want it done in a bada#% way!

As for Star Wars taking the place of Tron I don't mind as long as it brings us hope they will again have something in the skies over TL again moving around. I love Star Wars to death but I would prefer a Tron type attraction. Either way I will be happy when this finally happens.

Seems like they are going back and forth on the idea of announcing things at D23 still. Typical corporate power struggle as I suspected when the artical came out from Dusty. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. It's common practice at huge corporations. They will announce something for the parks but at what scale we really have no idea at this point. I would put money on the 60th anniversary cleanup projects.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

A GAC fix and overhaul is a good thing, if they can get it firing on all cylinders.

As for the rest - really? The way they want to 'fix' Tomorrowland is Rocket Rods redux with little room for indoor show scenes they'd need to truly make it special, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor? Ugh. No thank you. That, to me, just seems pointlessly silly. Laugh Floor is a B-ticket at best, a place to entertain the kiddies and go inside for air-conditioning, besides having zero to do with Tomorrowland. That would only make it weaker.

I really hope neither of those come through. Build a dark ride in place of Innoventions/part of Autopia, but please, no Laugh Floor as a 'cheap fix'.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast