Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    So when I go with my mom and boyfriend, you would want us to be split up all day? I would ride with my mom, while my boyfriend waits in the regular line and rides by himself. We would then wait for him at the exit for however long it takes. We're not abusers; my mom's legs don't work. How would that be fair?? Parties of three shouldn't be split up. Whoeve says they should be obviously hasn't had to deal with a disabled family member. Why don't you split your party of three into two and one all day next time. How would you like it???

Anyway, I do agree that the GAC system needs to be overhauled. Disabled guests should have to bring disabled placards, proof they receive SSDI benefits, or a valid doctor's note. This information should be integrated into their tickets.
    Would you be averse to your mother waiting - with or without one of your party - while another member waits in line for your entire party's turn? Or is it unacceptable to have to wait the same amount of time other guests do?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

The biggest problem with GACs isn't the number of people, it's the lack of ability to know where they will be used. With fast passes, they know how many riders the ride can process on a single day and allot a certain number based on that overall figure. If you have to account for an unknown number of GACs on any given day and you have no idea how many that's going to be, it absolutely destroys the fast pass system.

I remember reading one of Al's articles a while back (couple years maybe?) where the average number of attractions a guest attends on average was discussed, at the time it was 8 and they wanted to increase it to 10. That's food, rides, shows. So your average guest was only making use of 8 things in the park each visit.

So my solution, on rides that have fast pass (which really is where the GAC problem truly lies), make the GAC scan-able and issue through the fast pass machines. If the ride is out of fast pass/GAC access for the day, bummer. When I arrived late and there were no fast passes available, that didn't mean Disney was discriminating against me, it meant that if I wanted to go on a ride I have to do stand-by. Set up stand by GAC access like restaurants with a pager system, an email or text blast or something. With the amount they're spending on fast pass +, this should have been considered from the beginning. Because really, if you have a GAC and get to do more than the 10 attractions, you're cheating.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Honestly, if MILF is in Hollywoodland, I would be fine with it because of the comedy club theme. Only if the current Monsters Inc. ride is replaced. NO MONSTROPOLIS. Also, very excited for a new nighttime parade! Any word on a replacement for PPP?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• lurking lurker

Sigh, Id much rather have a Tron ride than another Star Wars ride. Id bet money that even the rumored Tron ride in Shanghai might be turning into Star Wars now.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

• Require users to come back after an amount of time equal to that which they would have had to wait in line.
    • Ban cheaters from the park for life(including a no refund surrender of admission media.

I wholeheartedly agree with these two points, although I think the whole party should be allowed to stick together. Let them all wait together -- wherever they want to wait -- as a family unit, for as long as the regular queue has to wait.

How would they catch the cheaters?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How would they catch the cheaters?
    99% of the time they'd get away with it.....but every once in a while a cheater who has been getting away with something for a long time get's sloppy....I've actually witnessed teenagers fighting over who has to sit in the wheelchair "this time".....if an off duty or unobserved CM were to witness this
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• World of Color

If they were going to do anything with the PM track by the 60th? Doesn't that mean they will have to close down Star Tours and Space Mountain to replace the PM track and I cant see the PM track rebuilt in 24 months just in time for the 60th.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Would you be averse to your mother waiting - with or without one of your party - while another member waits in line for your entire party's turn? Or is it unacceptable to have to wait the same amount of time other guests do?
    Waiting as long as the other guests is a non-issue. It's the splitting of my party for extended periods of time that saddens me. We actually spend the time in line talking, joking, bonding...not standing around with iPads plastered to our faces.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    If they were going to do anything with the PM track by the 60th? Doesn't that mean they will have to close down Star Tours and Space Mountain to replace the PM track and I cant see the PM track rebuilt in 24 months just in time for the 60th.
    Depends on how extensive the rebuild is. The track corridors through both rides have been isolated in past years for refurbishment and rebuilding, and if done correctly trickier sections could be made closer to the current configuration to simplify the rebuild.

2 years is a lot of time. You can build a lot in that frame, limited mostly by the amount of money you're throwing at the project.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Singing Drinker

Waiting as long as the other guests is a non-issue. It's the splitting of my party for extended periods of time that saddens me. We actually spend the time in line talking, joking, bonding...not standing around with iPads plastered to our faces.
    Honestly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you for that.

Since getting involved in this discussion I'm remembering fairly explicit conversations (in articles on this site) of the GACs being split into new categories and GAC Fastpasses that accomplish pretty much exactly what we're talking about being used. Who knows? This time around they may get traction.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I love Star Wars.....but the I'd much rather see Tron get the the tomorrowland PM ride....since Star Wars already has a ride...and a show

As for the Monsters Inc ride....while I'd not be against getting it...once again I dont see the point in the ride unless they take out the dark ride (which by the way never had a line)

• Sharkslayer

But it doesn't make sense that putting 2 new Monsters Inc. attraction in both park!!

• Rock Star Minion

OK.
    What about this:

Suppose the wait for POTC is 30 minutes, according to the sign. So, if you have a GAC you'll wait over here, at the exit, for 30 minutes. You want a return pass for POTC? Here. See you in 30 minutes.
    Would that satisfy everyone on this board?

Anyway, it's pretty much the same argument I make about the AP Program: it's not a bad idea, until a million people buy them and take advantage of a great deal.
    In this case, it's 10% (100K, according to "Al") of the AP holders that are GAC-eligible, or know someone who conveniently is; or are GAC-eligible and "sell" their service as a "tour guide," because the rules allow it.

Thus, another problem caused by the one thing that causes every single problem in Disneyland.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    But it doesn't make sense that putting 2 new Monsters Inc. attraction in both park!!
    How does it make less sense than three Cars attractions?

• Minion

Count me as another one who prefers Tron to Star Wars. Do we really need more Star Wars? Tron sounds way better.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast