Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    How does it make less sense than three Cars attractions?
    Carsland is based off a real place in the USA....Monsters INC is a fake city that has nothing to do with California or Hollywood

• Senior Minion

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    ...Anyway, it's pretty much the same argument I make about the AP Program: it's not a bad idea, until a million people buy them and take advantage of a great deal.
    In this case, it's 10% (100K, according to "Al") of the AP holders that are GAC-eligible, or know someone who conveniently is; or are GAC-eligible and "sell" their service as a "tour guide," because the rules allow it.

Thus, another problem caused by the one thing that causes every single problem in Disneyland.
    Exactly. And by no coincidence, both (along with Fastpass) have at their core the unspoken notion of something for nothing: the fiction that one portion of the system can have advantages without negatively affecting the rest of the system. In other words, the ancient lure of the perpetual motion machine and gold from straw. Is it any wonder the sellers and the buyers are loath to give it up? (And if you think that's fun, wait until MyMagic+ and the rest of the "optional" ride-and-restaurant reservation snakeoil is rolled out!)

All of which is why I think it's a class-A joke that the executives who've been in denial for years about the problems these uncontrolled programs bring -- programs they themselves developed -- are the same executives who are supposedly going to fix them.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Mickey icecream sammiches

What happened to the notion that all the new Star Wars stuff would be saved for the Third Gate? Wasn't that mentioned at one point, that SW stuff would join Marvel in the forthcoming park?

Monsters Inc!? In Tomorrowland!? And now Star Wars… the beginning of the movie starts by saying “A long time ago….”.

I wish that some of Disney’s creative minds could sit down, brainstorm and really do some research into what is on the horizon for our country, our civilization, our planet. Ask questions like what sorts of new technologies will we be benefitting from in the next 20, 50 or 100 years? What might life be like? And once they have some solid ideas, they could work toward creating original and educational experiences that guests can enjoy and immerse themselves in like E ticket rides, exhibits, shows or what have you.

Space travel is always a good topic. And not Star Wars themed space travel! I love the movie but lets not plaster it all around every time we get get the chance. Speaking of space travel, maybe they could start by rethinking the sorry excuse for rocket jets that is currently in place.

Just thinking out loud….

• Senior Minion

Other then them finally acting on the obvious need to do something about GAC abuse, this update was awful. I really hope most of this doesn't happen. I just don't get it at all. We're supposed to get excited for more of the same franchises that we already have? This has the potential to be a massive flop, but I guess that's what we need to happen for them to reconsider what they're doing. I have a feeling they're going to spend a fortune and only a get a moderate increase in attendance from these projects and end up further delaying the third gate by another decade.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Star Wars!!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Or is it unacceptable to have to wait the same amount of time other guests do?
    Let the GAC users wait the same time as the able bodied. However, they should also make the non-GAC users wait the same amount of time as the GAC users.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    So my solution, on rides that have fast pass (which really is where the GAC problem truly lies), make the GAC scan-able and issue through the fast pass machines. If the ride is out of fast pass/GAC access for the day, bummer. When I arrived late and there were no fast passes available, that didn't mean Disney was discriminating against me, it meant that if I wanted to go on a ride I have to do stand-by. Set up stand by GAC access like restaurants with a pager system, an email or text blast or something. With the amount they're spending on fast pass +, this should have been considered from the beginning. Because really, if you have a GAC and get to do more than the 10 attractions, you're cheating.
    You are proposing to limit the amount of GAC passes given out in a day? I hope I have a client that tries to walk into your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    What happened to the notion that all the new Star Wars stuff would be saved for the Third Gate? Wasn't that mentioned at one point, that SW stuff would join Marvel in the forthcoming park?
    Do you have a source for that? I don't remember ever seeing an official release from Disney mentioning anything about a theme or content for a third park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• No Light, No Light

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    OK.
    What about this:

Suppose the wait for POTC is 30 minutes, according to the sign. So, if you have a GAC you'll wait over here, at the exit, for 30 minutes. You want a return pass for POTC? Here. See you in 30 minutes.
    Would that satisfy everyone on this board?
    Yes and no...I agree that the disabled guest should be given a return time that matches the length of the regular line.

But, I think it should work like a regular fast pass, in that the guests are allowed to disperse. That way, there won't be so many wheelchairs and walkers and ECVs crowded into the exit. This would also allow the claustrophobes to seek out wide open spaces, and the disabled to sit down comfortably. Just imagine the Space Mountain exit where anybody could sit down in the shade, without it being crowded with GAC-users.

But I definitely think there should be a daily limit to the number of disabled fast passes distributed per day, and I know that won't happen.

• Banned User

If there is one series of movies that have captured the imagination and spirit of adventure of Americans for generations now more than any other, it's Star Wars. If there is one IP that would get the general public excited about DLR at a level above even anything Potter, it's Star Wars.
    Yet, we are lamenting it not being Tron based, a movie that doesn't even garner a collective yawn from the public. A movie that virtually no one cares about or has any interest in the theme.
    Im just beyond baffled.
    Monstropolis would, or will be hugely popular and the e-ticket, if is as described, would undoubtedly be one of the most popular in the resort and could be more popular at DCA than RSR.

• film975

I regard every bit of information on here purely as rumor until Disney officially announces it. However, it is fun to talk and debate about them.

• former CM

If every Tron fan on Micechat had paid to see the movie,
    its box office revenue would have been double what it was.

(I was joking.)

Actually, I'd like Pixar animator turned uber-imagineer, John L., to actually look at what the best attraction would be without regard of what movie it was based on,
    even if the proposed attraction isn't based on a film,
    even PIXAR films.

And a high speed ride on the Peoplemover track might not work . . . again.

Last point: dare to be thrilling AND family friendly.

• Artistic integrity

If you all don't mind -

I'm going to take this news, and put it into the same pocket, as the rest of these "updates" from the last 3-5 years of Miceage reports, in this order:

* Tinkerbell ride in Motor Boat Cruise by 2013
    * John Lassetter & Tony Baxter seen, scouting back of Frontierland and Tomorrowland for expansion
    * Innoventions slated for removal
    * later to - Innoventions and SUBS and AUTOPIA slated for removal
    * later changed to - Innoventions and maybe Autopia slated for removal (subs taken off that list)
    * altered again to - Only Innoventions slated for removal
    * Oz land, a go for back side of Frontierland
    * Tron E Ticket Tomorrowland
    * Tron off - Stark Expo on ....
    * Tron back on - Stark Expo off
    * Tron off AGAIN - Something original?
    * DCA makeover justification to go after complete overhaul of TL, not just piecemeal
    * back to piecemeal for TL
    * Monsters Inc. Mini Land
    * Add Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor to additional "Star Wars" attractions for TL

I'm sorry. Rumors are so "all over the place" .... I can't believe any of them. 2/3rds of that list ... has gone to the way side. And there's a chance .. the rest of it, may end up doing the same.

* If you're Disney ... Why do you go through the trouble of keeping the "California" name into the park, emphasize it with Buena Vista Street .. re-emphasize Hollywoodland with a consistent 30s/40s theme ... to BVS' 20s-30s theme ... and then go against it with the clashing styles of a cartoon land in the middle of it all? Makes no sense.

* Over in Tomorrowland, you turn it into a mini Star Wars land .. with more "Star Wars" presence? BUT then make the creative decision to turn the 3D theater into another "Monster Inc" attraction from WDW? Why two "Monsters Inc." representations in both parks? Wouldn't logic dictate you keep it to one location in the entire DLR? By that logic .. then there should be a Cars attraction in DL. Another Pinnochio ride in DCA ... Indiana Jones in DCA, etc. Makes no sense. And Monsters Inc. has ZERO thematic ties to Tomorrowland. It's a cartoon! Stick it in TOONtown! Or better yet, learn from mistakes, and stop adding cartoon attractions to all Tomorrowlands in all the Disney resorts, as they absolutely do nothing to support the theme of the land.

So, if I were everyone else, think out some of these ideas to rational and logical conclusion .. and you'll see - They don't make a whole lot of sense. Especially Laugh Floor to TL. That's just the most horrible idea I've ever heard. If they do go through with that - I'll be horrified!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-09-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If you all don't mind -

I'm going to take this news, and put it into the same pocket, as the rest of these "updates" from the last 3-5 years of Miceage reports:

* Tinkerbell ride in Motor Boat Cruise by 2013
    * John Lassetter & Tony Baxter seen, scouting back of Frontierland and Tomorrowland for expansion
    * Subs, Autopia, Innoventions slated for removal
    * Oz land, a go for back side of Frontierland
    * Tron E Ticket Tomorrowland
    * Tron off - Stark Expo on ....
    * Tron back on - Stark Expo off
    * DCA makeover justification to go after complete overhaul of TL, not just piecemeal
    * back to piecemeal for TL
    * Monsters Inc. Mini Land
    * Add Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor to additional "Star Wars" attractions for TL
    These aren't rumors at all

-The Tinker bell dark ride was going to be a clone of the Tinker Bell ride that was part of Phase 2 of Pixie Hollow that was announced at D23 for Walt Disney World. Then Tom Staggs came and scrapped Pixie Hollow in favor of a Mine Cart ride so the tinker bell ride was scraped as was its clone.
    -John Lasseter and Tony Baxter were scouting just like Bob Iger took the BoD on a tour of Cars Land. Just because there are no photos doesnt mean it didnt happen.
    -That was a bad assumption. The Autopia and Innoventions are scheduled to go bye bye. It was assumed that because of the fragile structure that houses the subs that they would leave too if Autopia went. However more than likely it will just be the Autopia queue area and track that is not on top of the Subs that will be removed.
    -Oz is still under consideration for Frontierland. It was one of the last projects Tony Baxter was blue skying but his departure plus Disney's acquisition of Star Wars put it on the back burner for now.
    -Tron e-ticket was contingent on the movie being successful and becoming a franchise. That didn't pan out so the ride was scrapped and tech will be used for a different theme.
    -Stark Expo did happen. It's the Iron Man exhibit in innoventions.
    -Not sure about this one

Your remaining 3 points are currently working their way through the approval process as we speak and I expect you will be eating your words within the next year once some of them get announced.

• Artistic integrity

We'll see.

I'm, however, always remembering an infamous phrase when it comes to this company.

Subject to change

And "change" is constant .. when it comes to this co.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post

-Stark Expo did happen. It's the Iron Man exhibit in innoventions.
    Begging your pardon .. I don't think that's exactly correct. The going rumors of the past few years was something rather significant. The tech currently on display I believe to be something completely separate from what imagineering had been working on for the entire Innovention's site.
    MY SIGNATURE:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast