Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

I'm really disappointed that it took national public embarrassment for the execs to take responsibility for a problem that has frustrated both attractions CMs and guests for at least ten years now. I have little confidence that any replacement program will put a dent in the long lines of legit and non-legit disabled guests waiting at exits throughout the parks.

Take away GAC passes and scammers will pay to rent wheelchairs instead, make most disabled guests trek through the fastpass queue and you'll screw over MyMagic+ let alone create longer fastpass wait times, replace the GAC with something allegedly more foolproof and determined people will find a way to exploit it within months of it going live. There is no way Disney can dig themselves out of this unless of course they require a doctor's note but they can't because they'll get sued all over the place.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Me too, I was really stoked for the TRON ride. Save all the new Star Wars stuff in the Third Park!

• Minion

Let me add a few things here:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    -The Tinker bell dark ride was going to be a clone of the Tinker Bell ride that was part of Phase 2 of Pixie Hollow that was announced at D23 for Walt Disney World. Then Tom Staggs came and scrapped Pixie Hollow in favor of a Mine Cart ride so the tinker bell ride was scraped as was its clone.
    A Tinker Bell attraction was being considered for the Motor Boat Cruise, but was cut way before Staggs refocused the Fantasyland expansion. The fact of the matter was that too much infrastructure improvement had to be made in the Motor Boat area to accommodate a show building, including an expensive reroute of the Monorail track and western Autopia tracks.

-Oz is still under consideration for Frontierland. It was one of the last projects Tony Baxter was blue skying but his departure plus Disney's acquisition of Star Wars put it on the back burner for now.
    Oz is dead for Disneyland, and never was truly a serious consideration. Tony and his team developed some early Blue Sky ideas, but it never amounted to anything more and definitely was not seriously considered by management.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Do you have a source for that? I don't remember ever seeing an official release from Disney mentioning anything about a theme or content for a third park.
    I don't recall exactly where I read this... I feel like it was a MiceChat member connected with the Walt Disney Company. He stated that the Third Gate was going to have a heavy Marvel and Star Wars presence, and the overall theme of the park would be "Heroes & Adventure."

In any case, Star Wars has sooo much to offer... Disney could build an entire land, if not several dedicated to the franchise. Makes more sense to go all out in the new park rather than have SW consume Tomorrowland. I know Star Tours is already there and there's an argument to be made about keeping all the SW stuff together, but I still say it would be much (bigger and) better in the new park.

• Artistic integrity

hey Disneylandfan95 .... Not long ago you said the Tron idea was dead, but the ride system for it was not.

MiceAge Disney Rumor Update: Cars, Conventions and Cashholders:

The E Ticket of the Tomorrowland remake uses the speeder bike coaster concept on the old PeopleMover route, originally Imagineered with a Tron theme but now using Star Wars as the storyline for the new ride.
    I take it, this is what you meant. Or, perhaps something else. My hope, something more original, and, if we're lucky at all - Something with more doscile speeds so that it's an entire "family" adventure - And not parking the older family members off to some bench - separating the family.

And funny .. how this Miceage Column only speaks of this as the main and only "E Ticket" for all of Tomorrowland, along with M.I.L.F in the 3D theater complex. Doesn't sound like much of a remodeled Tomorrowland to me.

And why do I get the feeling .. the Peoplemover track and Innovention's site would be dedicated to just one ride.

My hope, in all this, a new ride would replace the Peoplemover, and load/unload in the same place it did before - And make the Innovention's space something entirely different and separate. I'd hate to see things consolidated, making for less attractions. That was my big pet-peeve with Rocket Rods, combining two attractions into one. Tomorrowland needs all the variety and numbers of attractions it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

Oz is dead for Disneyland, and never was truly a serious consideration. Tony and his team developed some early Blue Sky ideas, but it never amounted to anything more and definitely was not seriously considered by management.
    Thank you.

Further exemplifying an important thing to consider in these latest rumors.

Anything can change. And often does.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-09-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Speederbikes sound fun. I didn't hate Rocket Rods since the few times I rode were walk-ons through DL's very first single-rider line and I enjoyed the stop/start acceleration of it. I wouldn't expect Xcelerator at DL so for what it was it gave me a few laughs (and wheelies, ha ha, an extra laugh).

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I enjoy Laugh Floor....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It appears this company is heading in the same direction as General Motors. They are creatively bankrupt and will wind up with less and less of an audience once all the original attractions lose their luster. The general public will eventually realize they have nothing unique left to offer and the price point is simply unreasonable.

Universal will inevitably catch up financially and take away Disney's monopoly because they already do movie rides better. What executives fail to realize is that Disney's competitive edge was not their ability to copy movies, it was to create unique and original ideas that couldn't be found anywhere in the world. They should get used to Universal's profit margin because that's where they are taking this sinking ship.

Personally I will no longer support or encourage this type of behavior and have decided to not renew or spend another dollar on Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Me too, I was really stoked for the TRON ride. Save all the new Star Wars stuff in the Third Park!
    Even when they have a great idea that can be executed to perfection, they choose to ignore it because of a box office performance. It's very shortsighted and will ultimately result in a mediocre and stagnant theme park. Not even Star Wars can save Tomorrowland without balance.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-09-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    IMO most of the issues could be solved by simply removing the "One size fits all" designation and basing it on a medical judgement rendered by the guest's physician.

Disability comes with gradients and with diagnoses and stated limitations. If you can't stand, your doctor will provide you with a note. If your child is dangerous to other children if forced to wait in a line for an hour, you doctor will provide you with a note.

It places Disney in the unfortunate role of having to tell people "no" over something that they get very tetchy about. But seriously? For every party that actually *needs* six people to attend to the one person on the pass (what, a trauma crash team?) there are hundreds who would easily be able to use 'marker' Fastpasses where most of the party waits in line and the disabled party is loaded in when they reach the front. Moving to that standard would solve a large part of the issue right there. Frankly, if you or your child literally cannot wait any time at all for rides because doing so would be medically dangerous I begin to question why you are at the park at all.

Disney cannot legally ask for a physicians note or even ask the guest what exactly is their disability. Never going to happen.

My solution to the GAC problem is:

If a guest needs special assistance, the guest would go up to the attractions entrance and show a GAC pass as they do now. A CastMember would then ask for everyone's ticket in that persons party. The Castmember would then scan each ticket and by scanning it would do a few things:

A. Give a guest a pass similar to a Fastpass that would have a return time that would reflect the posted wait time, with a return window no more than 15 mins.

B. Block each ticket from receiving GAC and FastPasses at other attractions until their return window becomes active.

C. Block each ticket from Park Hopping until their return window becomes active.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I hope there isn't a confirmation for Monstropolis or MILF. Hollywoodland and Tomorrowland need attractions that are actually relevant to the land's theme.
    Exactly. I was hoping they'd remove the Monsters Inc. ride for something that's better quality and fits the land's theme. That's going to be Carsland, a bug's land and Monstropolis, not to mention TSMM, Pixar Parade, Up! characters at the challenge trail. There's only two things in that list that somehow fit the theme, the rest just don't make sense.

It's like they're afraid to think outside the box or not use a Pixar franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Disney cannot legally ask for a physicians note or even ask the guest what exactly is their disability. Never going to happen.

My solution to the GAC problem is:

If a guest needs special assistance, the guest would go up to the attractions entrance and show a GAC pass as they do now. A CastMember would then ask for everyone's ticket in that persons party. The Castmember would then scan each ticket and by scanning it would do a few things:

A. Give a guest a pass similar to a Fastpass that would have a return time that would reflect the posted wait time, with a return window no more than 15 mins.

B. Block each ticket from receiving GAC and FastPasses at other attractions until their return window becomes active.

C. Block each ticket from Park Hopping until their return window becomes active.
    A is a good idea. B would need to allow a FP and a GAC to run concurrently. Non disabled guests can be in a standby while holding a FP, so they would need to be able to be treated the same.

C could never be put in place - non GAC users can "bail" from their line and hop as they wish without a hold being placed on their admission media. They could and should tie all parks together though so you cannot hold two GAC at once.

Of course scammers would still want to hold a FP and a GAC and also go wait in a standby. I cant see them preventing this unless all queues convert to MM+ like its headed at WDW.

• Banned User

So Seawolf, just our of curiosity, why not just move on. You don't like Disney in its current form, wont spend money on it in any way, so why would you come around to complain in every post you make for something you don't like and have given up on. I take it from your last post, and this is in no way my preference, that we will most likely not see you on here anymore because you are done as a Disney fan. That's too bad because Disney still holds an incredible amount of fun, excitement and joy. Maybe , if you don't have kids, when you do someday you will discover that again and to not take it all maybe quite as seriously as you do, and understand that Disney isn't an homage to the past but a company that ,at some point, has to judge what the majority of people want in entertainment, and then expand accordingly. Its THEIR dime, after all.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Let me add a few things here:
    You have always been a pretty reliable source disneylandfan95, I would be curious to hear your comments on all these recent rumors. They really have been all over the place.

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    It appears this company is heading in the same direction as General Motors. They are creatively bankrupt and will wind up with less and less of an audience once all the original attractions lose their luster. The general public will eventually realize they have nothing unique left to offer and the price point is simply unreasonable.
    This seems pretty incorrect given the completely success of DCA 2.0. If that's what Disney can do as of a year ago then I think they'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by asianway View Post
    A is a good idea. B would need to allow a FP and a GAC to run concurrently. Non disabled guests can be in a standby while holding a FP, so they would need to be able to be treated the same.

C could never be put in place - non GAC users can "bail" from their line and hop as they wish without a hold being placed on their admission media. They could and should tie all parks together though so you cannot hold two GAC at once.

Of course scammers would still want to hold a FP and a GAC and also go wait in a standby. I cant see them preventing this unless all queues convert to MM+ like its headed at WDW.
    I actually like A. B could entirely be possible, if the GAC system was upgraded to something similar to FP, where each person in the GAC holders party (for the sake of argument, we'll keep the 6 person rule here) gets a ticket and that return time. I agree it would have to be on the same system, but, if you have a GAC, would you even bother getting FP for anything? This is just a personal opinion since I've never utilized a GAC before, but from the sounds of it, if I had one, I wouldn't even need to bother with FP at all, and then this would allow more standby, non-GAC users to get FP. I see it freeing up FP space, and eliminating the requirement that someone with a GAC would just have to wait until the rest of their party catches up with them in the standby line.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast