Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

I don't believe the poster meant "A B C" as options, but steps in a path. Correct me if I'm wrong, but reading it it sounds like GAC visitor and party gets to ride with a two hour wait, each is issued a pass reading "come back in two hours, you have fifteen minutes to show from that point". The party's tickets are now locked in on that attraction - no further GAC placeholders or Fastpasses can be issued to those tickets until the current GAC pass becomes active. You COULD go on another ride or such, but at that point you are required to use the regular lines.

I'm not entirely certain what blocking Park Hopping is for in this scenario - hopefully there'd be a resort wide system for tracking the GAC passes, which would negate the need to block someone from changing resorts. If anything, I'd argue that they could make it so that switching resorts invalidates the previous GAC passes. Either way you're looking at angry guests.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

•   
    • Minion

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I enjoy Laugh Floor....
    As do I which I make sure everyone knows I think the real hatred is for it's placement. Some people can't actually seperate the placement of it versus the content. For me I think it's stupid to put it in the magic eye theater when they are thinking of building a monster's inc land in DCA it should go there if they are going to build it.

The attraction itself always has a good steady line in WDW unlike the Stitch attraction across from it. The whole family can enjoy it and because of the way the attraction is run the content doesn't repeat unless you go on it more than twice a day. I have been on it a lot and have heard some of the same jokes but what's the difference in that and going on POTC 4 times a day or anything else at any of the parks for that matter.

Going back to what i said above I think some people just hate it's placement. Even in WDW it should have been built in DHS not TL but I still love the attraction.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    As do I which I make sure everyone knows I think the real hatred is for it's placement.
    Good point. While I find MILF amusing with limited repeatability, I'd be fine if they put it in say the old Millionaire building in DCA. Smack dab in the middle of Tomorrowland is shameful.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

HOpefully they realize the Laugh Floor would be a better fit across the berm in Monstropolis and think of something interesting instead for Tomorrowland.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I don't believe the poster meant "A B C" as options, but steps in a path. Correct me if I'm wrong, but reading it it sounds like GAC visitor and party gets to ride with a two hour wait, each is issued a pass reading "come back in two hours, you have fifteen minutes to show from that point". The party's tickets are now locked in on that attraction - no further GAC placeholders or Fastpasses can be issued to those tickets until the current GAC pass becomes active. You COULD go on another ride or such, but at that point you are required to use the regular lines.
    I'm sorry if my response came off that I read them as options, I only was responding to the parts of that path I thought were remotely feasible.

If the ideology is to change to a system where the GAC holder's party stands in the standby line for 2 hours (we'll use your example) and meets up with the GAC holder at the loading station, is it really that much different than issuing a pass for the GAC holder and its party to return? Yes, it eliminates an opportunity for the GAC holder and party to utilize the GAC on another ride, but it does give them the option to use the restrooms, get something to eat, or be in an open space (I'm just thinking of guests who are severely claustrophobic and may not be able to tolerate crowds/crowded spaces for long periods of time). In either scenario, there is 2 hours of time that can either a) be spent in line/waiting for party to catch up (where you can't do any other rides) or b) be spent elsewhere, not on a ride (where you also can not do any other rides). I'm not saying it is a perfect system, and agree you would have angry guests, but IMHO it's a good way to deter abusers and keep track of how many GAC users you have going onto a ride at any given time.

• Rock Star Minion

Idea: Replace Toon Town with Monstropolis.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Idea: Replace Toon Town with Monstropolis.
    Why replace?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit posited Toontown as where ALL cartoons lived. I'm relatively certain that had the movie been made today you'd have likely seen characters from Dreamworks rubbing shoulders with the Disney characters as well.

If you're truly slaved to the "context is king" path for ride placement, about the only current place Monstropolis COULD make sense is Toontown.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    I don't recall exactly where I read this... I feel like it was a MiceChat member connected with the Walt Disney Company. He stated that the Third Gate was going to have a heavy Marvel and Star Wars presence, and the overall theme of the park would be "Heroes & Adventure."
    So internet speculation and nothing official?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    C. Block each ticket from Park Hopping until their return window becomes active.
    So many legal issues with this…

You COULD go on another ride or such, but at that point you are required to use the regular lines.
    That would be a clear ADA violation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    So Seawolf, just our of curiosity, why not just move on. You don't like Disney in its current form, wont spend money on it in any way, so why would you come around to complain in every post you make for something you don't like and have given up on.
    I think you misunderstand what it means to love something dearly. I choose to withhold spending money on Disney not because of a dislike for the company but for the way management and top executives have taken from us what was once an innovative, creative, and original concept. They have transformed it into any other heartless money grabbing corporation with no future or ability to make a real difference in this world.

They continually ride the coattails of Walt Disney's name as a brand with no care for his methodology or purpose and then have the audacity to use quotes from him to defend their decisions.

Fortunately for all of us there is still something worth fighting for, it can be turned around with help from the public. You may want to shrug off my statement because of your belief that the company runs things perfectly, but I don't care, I will always fight for Walt's concept and his original intent. I'm not going to "move on" just because you demand it.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That would be a clear ADA violation.
    It's a clear ADA violation if they do not provide a way for disabled customers to experience the parks as a regular, non-disabled visitor would.

If the guest is provided with a way to achieve the same experience (GAC passes that require the same time be spent waiting to board as if they had waited in line while not allowing them to use GAC passes to chain multiple passes together) it would very likely be found in compliance with the law.

Think of it this way. Just because a ramp takes longer to get into a store does not mean the store is required to do away with the stairs and add a second, shorter ramp to get in. The disabled customer is still provided with legally viable access. The requirement that a guest on a GAC pass not be allowed to chain them together to cut out any time waiting in line is not a negation of the disabled person's ability to ride - only the ability to abuse a system intended to help those in need of it.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    This seems pretty incorrect given the completely success of DCA 2.0. If that's what Disney can do as of a year ago then I think they'll be alright.
    Yet we still have attractions like Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Autopia, Small World, Tiki Room, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin. What do you think is going to happen when they all retire some day? You think movie attractions are going to fill the shoes of these great concepts?

I think Disney knows at some level that this can't be allowed to happen, they will either be forced to create new original concepts or lose their competitive edge. Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain was introduced overseas for this very purpose, they know the park can't thrive on awkwardly placed movie ip's exclusively.

All they are doing is competing head to head with Universal and I don't think this formula will end well for Disney in the long-run, in the short-run yes. What happens if Disney's movie properties become stagnant or unsuccessful somewhere down the road? Then what will they have to combat Universal with?
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.

• -

It's a clear ADA violation if they do not provide a way for disabled customers to experience the parks as a regular, non-disabled visitor would.
    Not exactly. The ADA requires reasonable accommodation, not equal. If that was the case, Disney would have to redesign all the original lines to be wheelchair accessible. By allowing access through the exit they are providing reasonable accommodation, not equal.

If the guest is provided with a way to achieve the same experience (GAC passes that require the same time be spent waiting to board as if they had waited in line while not allowing them to use GAC passes to chain multiple passes together) it would very likely be found in compliance with the law.
    They don’t spend the same time waiting now. In several cases they spend longer to wait to board a ride than the normal standby rider. This is because, in the case of wheel chair users, there is usually only one ride vehicle that is able to accommodate a chair without having to transfer. If there are already people in the GAC line waiting for that particular vehicle, the wait time increases because the user would have to wait several ride cycles for that particular vehicle to come around again.

Think of it this way. Just because a ramp takes longer to get into a store does not mean the store is required to do away with the stairs and add a second, shorter ramp to get in. The disabled customer is still provided with legally viable access. The requirement that a guest on a GAC pass not be allowed to chain them together to cut out any time waiting in line is not a negation of the disabled person's ability to ride - only the ability to abuse a system intended to help those in need of it.
    Telling someone that they have to wait in a line that they cannot access is violating the ADA. You proposed that if they had a GAC for one ride, they couldn’t ride another one until the GAC that they’re holding has expired. You are equating it to a fastpass user riding standby on one ride if they already have a fastpass for another. This is not the same thing since the fastpass user is able to access a standby line whereas a GAC user may not be able to. That is where the ADA violation occurs. There has been no reasonable accommodation made.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

It might also be worthwhile to keep in mind that Disney is NOT required to provide exactly the same experience as someone not disabled. Nemo Subs is a sterling example of this. I "rode" the Disabled version when I was on crutches and honestly think it may have been a slightly superior experience. Much less claustrophobic at the very least.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Telling someone that they have to wait in a line that they cannot access is violating the ADA. You proposed that if they had a GAC for one ride, they couldn’t ride another one until the GAC that they’re holding has expired. You are equating it to a fastpass user riding standby on one ride if they already have a fastpass for another. This is not the same thing since the fastpass user is able to access a standby line whereas a GAC user may not be able to. That is where the ADA violation occurs. There has been no reasonable accommodation made.
    The GAC passes locking out other rides does not tell the disabled person that they are not allowed to use rides.

They are being informed that there are wait times involved in the system, and due to their selecting a ride that is very popular and crowded they will need to wait until they have finished the "wait" on the current ride before they get a new GAC pass. There IS a difference between this and simply denying a disabled rider access. "Reasonable Accommodation" does not in any legal review I can find include requiring superior access, only equivalent. If a GAC guest is able to abuse his pass and go on 20 rides in a day when normal park attendance levels allow any other guest to only board ten, you are providing superior access and a strong motivation to abuse the system. If the GAC cardholder is limited to the same level of rides as a non-disabled guest, they are receiving equivalent access and no more.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• -

It might also be worthwhile to keep in mind that Disney is NOT required to provide exactly the same experience as someone not disabled. Nemo Subs is a sterling example of this. I "rode" the Disabled version when I was on crutches and honestly think it may have been a slightly superior experience. Much less claustrophobic at the very least.
    As mentioned before, the ADA states reasonable accommodation. However, there still must be some accommodation and telling them that they have to use a line that they have no way to access is not very accommodating.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast