Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Singing Drinker

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If I'm reading correctly, I think you guys are on to something!

As a non-GAC guest I can be in two (2) queues at a time. Pull a fast pass with say a 2 hour return time, then join a standby queue for another ride with say a 30 minute wait. Once I ride the 30 min wait ride, I'm free to join another standby queue while waiting for my fastpass window.

As I understand it, under your plan, a GAC guest could also 'stand in line' for only two rides at a time. Using their GAC they could get a 'return ticket' for a ride with a return time equal to either fast pass or standby time (whichever is shorter) with a window to return. They could then get a second 'return ticket' equal to the standby time for another ride, but that's it. No more 'return tickets' until they've used the first 'return ticket'. Once they've used it, they are free to get another 'return ticket' just like I'm free to get in another queue after I've ridden the ride I was in the standby line for. Seems pretty equal to me.

Now, how Disney is going to manage it I don't know. Either the GACs would have to go electronic where a card could be swiped to show the 'return passes' online or some sort of sign-up sheet like Knott's is apparently using. The CMs would have to be able to readily see what a GAC guest already has return tickets for.
    We're Ideas people here. Implementation is secondary

Honestly, this would involve an increase in manpower and expense that may be unacceptable (and likely is the reason the current system is still in place). You'd need a person on the queue for every ride in the park that offers GAC boarding, and probably some form of iPad or similar software hooked into a database that would provide the current status of any given GAC pass when scanned.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Artistic integrity

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

This off another website:

<<the major e-ticket would be the speeder bike attraction but themed to Star Wars instead of Tron.>>

The obsession with this type of coaster within WDI is crazy. Vekoma's bike coaster just isn't a comfortable ride. Being hunched over the "handlebars" for a coaster experience is very disconcerting - you constantly want to sit bolt upright against a back support.

There is a reason that they have only sold 5 of them to date.
    I've ridden Knott's Berry Farm's Pony Express - And that was my feeling too. I so desperately was wanting to sit upright. Good thing that ride is short. To hold that position longer, would make for an uncomfortable ride.

I hope imagineering thinks real hard before they decide to push through a coaster of this type.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    This off another website:

I've ridden Knott's Berry Farm's Pony Express - And that was my feeling too. I so desperately was wanting to sit upright. Good thing that ride is short. To hold that position longer, would make for an uncomfortable ride.

I hope imagineering thinks real hard before they decide to push through a coaster of this type, through.
    Odd that you mention KBF with this.

*fires up the WayBack machine, grabs bipedal dog and heads down memory lane*

Something like this *has* worked in the past at KBF, just not certain if it's even remotely feasible in today's safety climate. Aeons ago, before the Windseeker etc. builds, there was a ride called "Soap Box Racers". Before that, on the same track/footprint it was the "Motorcycle Chase" - a low speed "coaster" with what I *think* were powered cars in the shape of a motorcycle. IIRC you sat on the "motorcycle" with what nowadays passes as the belt restraint on carousel horses.

Of course, I was a little young going on it. But still, if they can get something like that (rather than the as noted horribly uncomfortable Quasimodo restraints they now use) it might work.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Artistic integrity

Oh, I remember that Motor Cycle ride very well. I road it plenty of times. I think it's demise had something to do with the center of gravity .. pitching the human body in uncomfortable ways. You were strapped "upright". I remember that for sure. I'm sure there are photos on the net to corroborate that.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789