Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Makoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

From Today's Update:
    Disneyland Tomorrowland Rumors, News

Highlights include:
    - Bob Iger and Tom Staggs Day at DCA with Disney's Board of Director's
    - New Night/Afternoon Parades for DL and DCA
    - Play Parade going to Disney World (possibly)
    - A little more detail on the Monstropolis/MI Door Coaster Project
    - A Star Wars-inspired TL Makeover (Not replacing TL)
    - TRON Peoplemover kicked out for a Star Wars version
    - Monsters Inc Laugh Floor coming to Magic Eye (with new thematic skin to "work" w/ TL)
    Last edited by Right Ear; 07-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.

• The doctor is in

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

I hope the GAC is fixed and/or modified. I have noticed the abuse on my past two trips.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Monorail Junkie

Re: Al Report: Board Meeting at DCA, TL Moakoever Earlier, New Parades. and More

One GAC card holder and one person to accompany them that is what it should be. Not 6 tag a longs.

From the report:
    ...When a popular ride like Racers, which can only accommodate 20,000 people per 15 hour day under the most optimal of conditions without any major downtimes, has 20% of its riders coming through using a Guest Assistance Card, you know there’s a problem.
    The current GAC system is very labor intensive with many hand written elements. If the usage numbers are accurate, the GAC system needs to be integrated directly into the park ticket system.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    One GAC card holder and one person to accompany them that is what it should be. Not 6 tag a longs.
    As a GAC holder I'd be fine with that - unless it's a very special situation like a Make a Wish kid. Most of the time six people aren't going to fit in one ride vehicle, unless it's something like Space, Splash Mountain or Star Tours, so a group that large isn't necessarily going to be on the ride together anyway.

At the same time I can see how that would be problematic for families who have legit reasons for GAC and have, say, four people. If it's, say, two parents and two kids, who gets left behind? Or does that group have to split up for their entire day?
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

The part about the Laugh Floor replacing EO disturbs me, very much. Laugh Floor? Really? This wouldn't help Tomorrowland, it would hinder it. SMH.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    The part about the Laugh Floor replacing EO disturbs me, very much. Laugh Floor? Really? This wouldn't help Tomorrowland, it would hinder it. SMH.
    Same here. Why don't they just put it in Monstropolis where it would fit in?

• Heavy Breather

How in any shape or form would Laugh Floor work in Tomorrowland?? They're building a whole land devoted to the Monsters franchise right across the way, why not put it there? On top of that, where does Space Mountain, Innoventions, Autopia, and the Subs fit into this Star Wars centric Tomorrowland? Not that I'm complaining, I'd like to see a bigger Star Wars prescence, it's just that I'm confused as to how the rest of the attractions will adjust to this change.

• a wind to shake the stars

Space Mountain -> Luke's Rockin' X-Wing Mountain
    Innoventions -> Mos Eisley Bazaar
    Autopia -> C3PO's Silly Landspeeders
    Submarines -> Jar Jar's Wacky Naboo Voyage

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

So Disney plans on spending millions to bring Tommowland back to it's greatness by the 60th anniversary. Yet they want to add Monsters Inc. to the land which could be the least futuristic thing in the entire area. Bad attraction, little repeat value and just a weak coypcat attraction that's better suited for Florida...not a park with over half the guests APers.

The GAC situation needs to be fixed period. Kudos to Disney for trying to tackle this touchy subject. In the long run it will benefit those who truly need to use the benefit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Same here. Why don't they just put it in Monstropolis where it would fit in?
    Exactly. Or we don't have to have the Laugh Floor at all. It doesn't seem like a solid attraction.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

As with everything, when you get leaked information, sometimes things get mixed up and jumbled and they come out as half true or ALMOST true.
    I wouldnt be surprised if it was actually going to be a STAR WARS version of the Monsters Laugh Floor. I doubt very seriously they will add a Monsters attraction to TL while building an entire mini-land across the esplanade. I think this bit of info might be mixed up a little.

I see it more as MILF (seriously, they know we do acronyms, who thought this was a good name for an attraction?) coming in to replace the aging EO as a tourniquet, with it being moved over to Monstropolis once they have a more permanent project to move in there. It's just a stop gap, and it'll let them load up the Starcade retail space with Monster's product. It's just a marketing push for the store.

Gotta say, love the change of the Tron bikes to SW Speeder bikes. SW fits the outdoor terrain WAY better (assuming they don't have to blow out the trees to put it there). If this plan is moving as fast as it sounds, that would explain the rumored closure of Autopia coming sooner for overhead construction.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Submarines -> Jar Jar's Wacky Naboo Voyage
    Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I see it more as MILF (seriously, they know we do acronyms, who thought this was a good name for an attraction?)
    Last edited by Attic Haunt; 07-09-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: To avoid double post

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast