Jessica and Roger Rabbit at Disneyland?

Why have Jessica and Roger haven't come out to meet fans at Disneyland? I have only one picture with Roger at Toontown but that was it. I remember him being out there occasionally but then boom he was gone! I read this article but didn't understand much of it. Can someone water it down? Who Disappeared Roger Rabbit From the Disney Parks? (Korkis Korner) by Jim Korkis

• the rum is always gone

Re: Jessica and Roger Rabbit at Disneyland?

Roger Rabbit came out for the "bunny hop" around Easter this year. He was on main street with Brer Rabbit, Rabbit from Pooh, and the White Rabbit. If you "something it," there are some videos and photos on the internet.

I have never seen or known of a Jessica Rabbit character that roamed the parks.

The bunny hop photos are somewhere on Miceage buried in the weekly updates if you look for them.

Roger seems to be a rare character and I personally don't recall ever seeing him in the parks. However he is all over the place in the Disneyland Sing Along Songs video from the early VHS era, he has a staring role in the 80's/90's pop remix of Zip A Dee Doo Da on that film!

Pity Who Framed Roger Rabbit is sometimes ignored by Disney, it is really one of their better films and it would be great to see Roger in Toontown and in parades more often.

• Minion

ORDDU: Roger Rabbit used to be out all the time at Disneyland in the late 80's and early 90's. According to a report from Al Lutz--way back whenever--there was a disagreement between Michael Eisner and Stephen Spielberg about certain legal issues regarding Roger and it all ended with Roger being pulled from the parks as a meet and greet personality. (This was a crying shame.) For a while Roger Rabbit merchandise seemed to be extict, too. But over the years my sisters and I have seen various Roger Rabbit merchandise trickling in--like pins and even a plush doll. These items came out many years after the film had been released so we had hope that this might mean a sequel film was on its way.

ORWEN: Over in Tokyo Disneyland I think Roger might still be found as a meet and greet. We were surprised when he made an appearanced at Disneyland during Easter. We hope he will be out again.

ORDDU: As for the legal issues between Disney and Amblin, it seems as though they might be settled by now. Perhaps someone else has more insight about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Roger Rabbit used to be out all the time at Disneyland in the late 80's and early 90's. According to a report from Al Lutz--way back whenever--there was a disagreement between Michael Eisner and Stephen Spielberg about certain legal issues regarding Roger and it all ended with Roger being pulled from the parks as a meet and greet personality. (This was a crying shame.) For a while Roger Rabbit merchandise seemed to be extict, too. But over the years my sisters and I have seen various Roger Rabbit merchandise trickling in--like pins and even a plush doll. These items came out many years after the film had been released so we had hope that this might mean a sequel film was on its way.

ORWEN: Over in Tokyo Disneyland I think Roger might still be found as a meet and greet. We were surprised when he made an appearanced at Disneyland during Easter. We hope he will be out again.

ORDDU: As for the legal issues between Disney and Amblin, it seems as though they might be settled by now. Perhaps someone else has more insight about this.
    Thank you so much for this! So it's not likely that we will see him at Disneyland or any other Disney Parks

• Heavy Breather

I'd like to see Roger roam the parks. If they're going to have Jessica out too, she should be a face character or not out at all.
    Because the one at Disneyland Paris is awkward and creepy.
    Last edited by LordVader; 07-09-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Picture didn't show

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    If they're going to have Jessica out too, she should be a face character or not out at all.
    Because the one at Disneyland Paris is awkward and creepy.
    Yes she should definitely be a face character but hopefully it doesn'Name:  JessicaRabbitLive.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  77.0 KBt happen like this.