• I like to see Both Monsters Inc. Attraction

1 14.29%
  • I will wait if Wreck-It Ralph ride announced

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Artistic integrity

Re: If Monstropolis happens, What will happen to Wreck-It Ralph

Add me to - None of the above

I'm so over it with shoehorning cartoons just anywhere.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I think it could fit tomorrowland more then the Monster laugh floor.....Id not mind a show where you are sucked into a video game with Ralph
    Just because something is more fitting than another property doesn't mean that it's a good fit. Wall-E, TRON, Iron Man, and Star Wars are also Disney properties that would "fit Tomorrowland more than a Monsters Laugh Floor" but manage to have actual thematic ties to futuristic ideas that compliment Tomorrowland's theme--and that's ignoring the endless possibilities of original ideas (oh the things that cannot be) that could further enhance said theme. (Also, isn't the laugh floor about collecting power? That seems just as relevant, if not more, to the future as traveling inside a cartoon video game to a world which, unlike TRON's, doesn't bare any connection to futuristic technology or ideas. I'm certainly not advocating for the laugh floor here, I just don't understand this logic.)
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 07-09-2013 at 10:11 PM.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I feel that Ralph would fit in Fantasyland more than any other land.

Also, MILF should NOT be in the Disneyland Resort at all!!!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    In a European village?!

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post

Also, MILF should NOT be in the Disneyland Resort at all!!!
    You sure are right about that one!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Queen Elsa

I'm also said no to Ralph. Beside he is not at the parks anymore they took him out along time ago. I didn't even like that movie.

• Singing Drinker

Whether or not WIR would fit is a bizzare argument to make.

This is a company that shoehorned Buzz Lightyear into Tomorrowland. That shoved Johnny Depp into POTC. Lilo and Stitch (and a bunch of other unrelated characters) into Small World.

And those are just the glaring sore thumbs. Little Mermaid is definitely a San Francisco/Napa staple, f'r instance. No, really.

A ride could be done, but there's no reason for it at this point. The franchise is essentially on the shelf until Disney decides whether there's actually a franchise. Don't get me wrong, I *loved* the movie - I grew up in arcades, it's right in my sweet spot. But at this point, the movie's out of theatres, there's no new product on the way, there's no new *movie* on the way unless I've really missed something. The lack of corresponding merch for the movie (it's all gone from the shelves, I clearly remember seeing the heavy discounts hit months back) is also a huge negative for parks presence.

Again, I like Ralph. It was a lot of fun. I just don't see a motivating factor for a ride. At worst I could see people wondering why they cartooned-up Tron.

That out of the way, there's worse things they could do than bring back the Starcade with a Ralph theme.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Sharkslayer

Ok, Let's Forget about the ride.

How about a Summer Event to celebrate Wreck-it Ralph 2?

If Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be in green light and I think it will be release in Summer 2016 (Planned for November 2015, but delayed due to Finding Dory; and since there's no release date yet.)

Including a 24-Hours Event (similar to Monstrous Summer All-Nighter), and a Monorail at Walt Disney World, (in a similar manner to TRON: Legacy, The Avengers, Iron Man 3 and Monsters University) transformed into Game Central Station trolley, to commemorate the release of Wreck-It Ralph 2.

• The doctor is in

I liked Wreck-It Ralph a lot and I have no doubt there will be a sequel, but I think MickeySmurfette24 is onto something with the idea of just limited time events for it. It would be fun to have a Wreck-It Ralph themed arcade for a while or a nighttime party or something. Purely for promotion and not permanent.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Singing Drinker

FWIW, cursory internet searching finds a lot of talk from the director on what he would want from a sequel, a lot of fan talk saying "it's definitely happening", and zero from Disney on the entire process.

Here's a quote from the director on the sequel topic, from January of this year:

Oh, yeah. My experience was so tremendous on this film and the animators, the designers, the story artists, the actors -- I know everyone here had a good time making the film. I've talked with John and Sarah and we would all love to visit that world again and work with those characters again. We would jump at the opportunity. We're all crossing our fingers about as far as you can cross them that we get a chance to do that.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    That out of the way, there's worse things they could do than bring back the Starcade with a Ralph theme.
    While there may be worse things they could do, there’s better things, too.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Trivia Queen

I loved Wreck it Ralf and I love Monster's Inc Laugh Floor (which I just realized has the initials MILF and I think that's funny). However, neither belong in tomorrow land... or either park for that matter. However, DCA has weird themeing that I don't understand so I'd prefer either of them there if they had to be in the park. I think a Wall-E ride or a Tron ride could work well in tomorrow land. I do think that themed parties to celebrate movie releases are nice (Like the Monster's University party). A short term tribute to the movie that doesn't ruin the park!

Let's get some original rides that aren't based on a movie again!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While there may be worse things they could do, there’s better things, too.
    True, but over a decade of abandoned real estate later they apparently have no interest, so why not dream? I'd love an e-ticket shoehorned in there somehow, but am willing to accept a return of pinball machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12