Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Smile Re: Should Anaheim have a Disney water slide park?

I've been around a long time and I went to a water slide park right across the street from Disneyland back around 1980. It was located on the other side of Ball close to the Anaheim Sheraton called the "Wild Wild Wet". As I remember, it was pretty fun for an old school type waterslide park, the slides were concrete!

So, its been done already!

Here is a link to an article about the park:

The Wild Wild Wet in Anaheim ~ Orange County Memories

Re: Should Anaheim have a Disney water slide park?

I think that they should definitely open a water park. I had a great time at Blizzard Beach in florida. Two weeks ago I went to Knott's Soak City and all I can say is ghetto! I would never take my family there. That place was horrible! Everything was old and faded, there was nothing special about it at all and it seemed dirty and the people there seemed sketchy. I definitely think that SoCal could use a more upscale, Disney Water Park.

IMO, Anaheim definitely needs to have this. They already have DCA & a third would need to be bigger than DCA. Do they have enough land left for that near the other 2 parks? I think it would add to the "vacation" atmosphere.

• Minion

Could a water park even one owned by Disney manage to stay open year round? Dont most of the current water parks in So. California close for the winter season?

Southern Cal? Then put it in Palm Springs!

In Anaheim I'd prefer they put their energy into a 3rd theme park!

• Greetings, Program!

Sure. I'd go.

Been wishing something would pop up to replace the long gone "Wild Wild Wet".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    But I could one day see a water park attached to one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels and only be available for use to those guest staying at the hotel.
    I think a plausible option would be something like the above. But have a fee for non guests to enter. Site it between 2 Disney Hotels, kind of like in WDW at the Beach and Yatch Clubs. But make it a much better experience. Have the two border hotels priced up as the guest get a super amenity. Put hotel only guest pools on their outer edges. There are pools just like this at Vegas hotels with entry charges.

The land should not be available to put a park on, why charge people $40 to enter when you could charge $80 to visit the same space. But say it was built by a hotel area not adjacent to a park, like across Haster from the 3rd Gate.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I just think waterparks are gross. The few times I've been to one, I walked away feeling physically ill. I've witnessed guests throwing-up in the water, young children doing their business in it, adults doing their business in it, guests getting drunk, guests getting into fights, wardrobe malfunctions from every walk of life, etc. I mean if we used the analogy of Disneyland is a mansion, a waterpark would be a double-wide in a crappy trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by santoanderson View Post
    i just think waterparks are gross. The few times i've been to one, i walked away feeling physically ill. I've witnessed guests throwing-up in the water, young children doing their business in it, adults doing their business in it, guests getting drunk, guests getting into fights, wardrobe malfunctions from every walk of life, etc. I mean if we used the analogy of disneyland is a mansion, a waterpark would be a double-wide in a crappy trailer park.
    +1, lol!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234