Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Should Anaheim have a Disney water slide park?

Just curious on your folks thoughts about a Disney built/themed water slide park in Anaheim.

• Closed Account

Re: Should Anaheim have a Disney water slide park?

No, Disney in Anaheim doesn't need a water park. There is already Raging Waters, Knott's Soak City further south, Hurricane Harbor, Wild Rivers is currently rebuilding, and then there is Aquatica (I think that's what it's called now) further south. The last thing Anaheim needs is a Disney themed water park.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And not even 20 minutes away there is a water park that not only is ginormous, it's also absolutely free. It's called the beach.

• Selfie Expert

I don't live in Cali, so how many water parks already exist there doesn't matter much to me which I'm sure changes my opinion.

I'd totally go to a Disney water park at least once to check it out, for the pure fact that it's Disney. Yeah, I'm one of "those people".

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

There's no need for a water park at the Disneyland Resort.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    There's no need for a water park at the Disneyland Resort.
    I agree - if it's at DLR, I'd rather have a third gate park more like DL or DCA than a water park. However if this were a whole separate thing, then yes I'm all for it!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I agree - if it's at DLR, I'd rather have a third gate park more like DL or DCA than a water park. However if this were a whole separate thing, then yes I'm all for it!
    I'll have to admit, a Disney-themed water park elsewhere sounds neat.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Workin to live,lovin life

I don't think it's quite necessary to have a water park since DLR isn't as much of a tourist location as WDW.

But if they do make a water park, I'm not gonna throw a fit. I just won't visit as it's not my thing. I prefer the beach as water slides don't really excite me as much as swimming with actual fish, surfing near dolphins, or kayaking/ paddleboarding around the bay.

Yes it should have a water park. But considering the space situation...no, not unless TDA acquires all the land surrounding the park. There is just too much stuff that should take the valuable space before a water park.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Artistic integrity

Why waste precious land on a water park, when Southern California currently has some 5 of them. With Knott's Soak City the closest - Just a few miles away?

Disney needs to devote it's limited amount of land, to ideas that are unique, and no where else to be found.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Why waste precious land on a water park, when Southern California currently has some 5 of them. With Knott's Soak City the closest - Just a few miles away?

Disney needs to devote it's limited amount of land, to ideas that are unique, and no where else to be found.
    Disney water parks have offered things that can't be found anywhere else and that's why I'd like to see one as long as it maintains that same level of quality. Just because there are other water parks doesn't mean they offer the same level of experience as a Disney park. For Disney it creates another offering to keep guests on property longer meaning not only do they get the entry fees to their park but also longer hotel stays and more dining and shopping. Water parks don't require a huge piece of land and it would be something that would be worth the space it uses.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I don't see quality as the issue. In fact, I'm sure if Disney did open a water park, it would dominate the market immediately.

However, for the amount of land it would require, I much rather see that put towards something open year round. Thats why I would be opposed to such an addition.

• Minion

If it were located over by the Paradise Pier hotel, or somewhere else out of the way, that would be fine. I wouldn't want it to eat up any of the land that is supposed to be for the third theme park.

I too question how much use it'd get if it were an a outdoor water park.

A stand alone, separate gate water park? No. Just look at Disney's history with water parks. They've closed one and have added very few additions to the ones they have. Clearly their interest is not in water parks. And given that land at the Disneyland Resort is a premium, I don't see them ever dedicating a large chunk to a water park.

But I could one day see a water park attached to one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels and only be available for use to those guest staying at the hotel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast