• Disneyland Dreamer

California, but still too far from the land.

Planning Advice for the Holidays

So I'm going to Disneyland for the Holidays for the first time this year and I'm very, very excited, however, I'd love to face some facts here before I get my hopes up.

First off: How likely is it that we're going to see an upcharge for Christmas "Parties"? I know there have been rumors of it for some time but do we know that for certain? Is it possible we could just be jumping the gun?

Secondly: I'm going the assumed weekend of Candlelight. I won't arrive at the park until about 3 that saturday. What are the odds that the park will be at capacity and not let me in? I don't have a problem going to DCA that day, but I'd just like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Planning Advice for the Holidays

I was poking around the "seasonal events" page of Disneyland's website and at the bottom of the "Holidays" section was the line "Attractions and entertainment are subject to weather conditions and change without notice."

It sounds like a standard disclosure, but it's NOT listed on either the Halloween time, or Mickey's Halloween Party section. I'm not sure if it was there last year or not, but if not it sounds like they're planning on changing those offerings and are covering their backside in case people get upset when it goes hard ticket.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

As for the park closing for Candlelight. I have been there once during the 2 day run of Candlelight and walked right in and was quickly ushered past it while it was going on. Capacity wasn't an issue, it just was a pain to get up and down Main Street.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    I was poking around the "seasonal events" page of Disneyland's website and at the bottom of the "Holidays" section was the line "Attractions and entertainment are subject to weather conditions and change without notice."

It sounds like a standard disclosure, but it's NOT listed on either the Halloween time, or Mickey's Halloween Party section. I'm not sure if it was there last year or not, but if not it sounds like they're planning on changing those offerings and are covering their backside in case people get upset when it goes hard ticket.
    i thnk this is because if there is ANY moisture in the air, even the slightly mist of a drizzle, they cancel candlelight, due to the potential damage to the muscician's instruments. I would not take that as an indication of a ticketed party

That's very possible. I did however check the "wayback machine" of archive.org to look at the 2012 holiday page. There was no disclaimer on it at all, nor was their a mention last year or this year of Candlelight. So far the only disclaimer I've found is the 2013 Holiday's page. It could easily mean nothing, but it could also be a clue.

• Closed Account

I think a lot is going to depend on the dates for the Candlelight Processional. If they do the limited number of dates, only a few nights, like they used to, it's quite possible that the park could and would fill to capacity and you would have trouble getting into Disneyland. If they do the widespread dates like they have done in previous years, then you should have no problem getting into Disneyland, but there will be a HUGE traffic jam type area on Main Street U.S.A. and it's a pain in the neck to get around.

One of my ways of beating the Main Street U.S.A. rush around Candlelight Processional times is to go to Downtown Disney and board the Monorail there, and then take the Monorail into Tomorrowland at Disneyland. Not only do you bypass the long security at the entrance around the time of the processional with the shorter security line at the Monorail, but you also get around the Main Street U.S.A. massive traffic jam that occurs around that time.

As for the Christmas parties, that is still up in the air. I wouldn't put it past Disneyland to introduce them, since Disney is going to be looking to make some extra dough due to the failure of The Lone Ranger. But, no one will know for sure until dates are announced. Disney World always announces dates for things much earlier than Disneyland, so it's a wait and see kind of game for the time being.

• Disneyland Dreamer

California, but still too far from the land.

Thanks for the help, guys!

• Disney Trivia Queen

I doubt the park will hit capacity on the day of the candlelight processional. We've gone before and been able to get in on those days. We just go in the park and hop on the train at Main Street Station to get around and not have to deal with the processional crowd. I feel like if they were planning Christmas parties they would have announced it officially by now. Although it really wouldn't surprise me if they do end up announcing something.