Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: single rider

• ITS A TRAP

Re: single rider

I've been to california adventure twice where the single rider line for rsr was longer then the standby line
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• A Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    You guys all misunderstood what I was saying. You interpreted what I was saying as the SR line should be for people who come to the park alone. That isn't what I meant. What I was saying is I personally find those who enter in large groups an abuse of the SR policy and that Disney's SR policy needs to be polished.

As someone mentioned before, USH seems a bit stricter on SR and that's how it should be. If you decide to ride the ride alone than do just that. Don't enter with a giant group but decide to ride separately. That defeats the purpose of letting those who want to ride alone, separate from their group, stand in a shorter line to fill the spaces.

how is this abuse? I think it's a great time management for a large group who have decided to forgo sitting side by side on a ride.
    Like I've mentioned previously, I do this for two reasons... 1- it's faster most of the time and 2- my wife and I do not NEED to sit side by side on every ride, especially if the single rider line is considerably shorter.

If there were no single rider line on RSR, the flow would slow down to a crawl, appeasing every group/person in the line. That would translate into empty seats and longer wait times.
    Any animosity toward the single rider lines must be rooted elsewhere, because it is just silly to "hate" on it. Lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLLEGEND View Post
    I've been to california adventure twice where the single rider line for rsr was longer then the standby line
    Not sure how that could be possible the stand by line is about 1/4 as long as the normal standby line physically.

I always use the SR lines. My group doesn't mind being split up. There is no abuse of the system by using the SR even in a group. The whole point of the SR line is to fill seats and save time. This increases ride capacity and also shortens the other two lines in the process. SR lines don't get special treatment. In fact they are last served. if a CM isn't adhering to this thats a training issue. Training issues like this happen everywhere not just Disneyland.

• Minion

You guys all misunderstood what I was saying. You interpreted what I was saying as the SR line should be for people who come to the park alone. That isn't what I meant. What I was saying is I personally find those who enter in large groups an abuse of the SR policy and that Disney's SR policy needs to be polished.

As someone mentioned before, USH seems a bit stricter on SR and that's how it should be. If you decide to ride the ride alone than do just that. Don't enter with a giant group but decide to ride separately. That defeats the purpose of letting those who want to ride alone, separate from their group, stand in a shorter line to fill the spaces.
    Nothing to be said that hasn't already been pointed out...there's no reason to exclude any group, no matter how big or small, from going in the SR line as long as they're willing to split up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your perfect scenario would be to dictate how large groups waiting in the Singles line would be, right? What exactly would this improve? What exactly is the problem that you're complaining about?

•   

That defeats the purpose of letting those who want to ride alone, separate from their group, stand in a shorter line to fill the spaces.
    As has been stated repeatedly - the purpose of SR is NOT TO MAKE THE LINE SHORTER FOR SINGLE RIDERS. It is to increase line capacity. Period. Your dissatisfaction stems a lot from your misperception that single riders somehow deserve a shorter wait.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    4. There will always be cast members who aren't willing to stick to policy. This occurs all over the park. At parades, on walkways during Fantasmic, and allowing family members to "catch up" with others in line. The title of this thread should be "Spineless/Lazy/Careless/Intimidated/Gutless/Tired/Frustrated cast members and their lack of training and support."
    It isn't "spineless" CMs. It's management's lack of support for the ride op CMs. Try enforcing the policy, pissing off a guest, effectively sending them to file a complaint at City Hall. This complaint goes to the CMs manager, who then disciplines the CM for not giving the guest what they want, irregardless of the policy in place. Because of that, CMs have learned just to give the guest what they want, no matter how wrong they really are.

I speak from experience.....

• Element of Laughter

Here's my opinion on single rider lines as it pertains to me personally:
    I only use the single rider line when I'm by myself. If I'm with friends or family, I prefer to ride with them, and either use FastPass or the standby line(or GAC line, if applicable). And when I do use the single rider line, I understand that it might not necessarily make my wait shorter(although 99.9% of the time, it does), even when it doesn't make my wait shorter, there are tradeoffs, like on Soaring Over California, on hot days, I wait in the air conditioned building instead of outside.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Singing Drinker

And you misunderstand me - USH is "stricter" only in that they are more likely to tell a group that they have to split up and be seated individually rather than as a group.

No park that uses Single Rider has any interest in all in making it a special perk for solo visitors. As repeatedly stated -and seriously, any serious discussion of queue dynamics is going to back this up anywhere you find it - the purpose of single rider is simply to provide single riders to fill empty spots on a ride car. Antipathy towards a family deciding to sit separately and using SR has zero to do with it.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

I think what we're all trying to say is that providing a single rider line is an OPERATIONS decision by Disney. It's to improve ride operations and increase efficiency.

Any enjoyment that a guest happens to get out of this operations decision is a side effect of the primary fundamental purpose of the line. Usually it happens to be a good side effect for the person in the single rider line, but the decision wasn't made to make them happy. It isn't a CUSTOMER SERVICE decision.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456