Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Is it just me or do you notice this too?

okay, when im in the park, im one of those who look around and notice the details of things, and i take great appreciation to the detailing of the place. and of course the cleaness and upkeep of the park.
    i love to see when theres trash a cast member rushes to pick it up to keep the place as it should be.
    but just as they are with the trash, i wish they would be like that with the PAINT of showbuilding and small places around the park.
    one day i actually took the time to wait for Space Mountain which is something i dont normally do.
    but the Queue MY GOODNESS the whole outside area, where you can see all of tomorrowland and into the starcade. it looks so dirty, dusty, and run down. where the people mover track used to be where you can see in, looks terrible it is such an eye sore to me.
    and also their will be kids running around towards the center hanging off things and sitting up against the walls in the middle.

BUT the point to my rant is
    .... i wish they would notice repaint and touch up areas like this to always keep the place looking as NEW and fresh as possible i mean is a little paint too much to ask for?

WHOSWITHME.
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Selfie Expert

Re: Is it just me or do you notice this too?

There are a lot of threads with the exact same complaint, so it's certainly not just you.

I seem to be able to overlook these things when I'm at the parks, so it's never bothered me.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

I hope that neglecting Tomorrowland indicates that they will completely renovate the area in the future.

• Singing Drinker

Well, this IS a website that regularly features a column named "Declining by Degrees"... you could argue that it's almost built in.

I'm a little more lenient towards areas that have been closed down, but I've noticed the same thing. Little, transient issues I'm more inclined to ignore - cups and trash that have been littered by ever so thoughtful guests and such tend to vanish after at most a few hours. I just wish they could come up with a more substantial temporary wall system that could be used to block sightlines into the more abandoned areas of the park.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Banned User

What's the point of noticing the details and all you want them to do is repaint?

Everything in Tomorrowland needs to be fixed, but I'm not in this land nearly as much as other better and coherent lands like Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Carsland. Stop worrying about things that cannot be immediately improved. Focus on the nicer and newer things.

• Foolish Mortal

What really chops my hyde is seeing water bottles floating on POTC. But I know they can't be there to clean up the ride 24/7. I hear ya though regarding the state of neglect of certain areas of the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    What really chops my hyde is seeing water bottles floating on POTC. .
    Are you sure you didn't mistake them for rum bottles

• Singing Drinker

What really chops my hyde is seeing water bottles floating on POTC. But I know they can't be there to clean up the ride 24/7. I hear ya though regarding the state of neglect of certain areas of the park.
    100% agreed.

Disneyland is still the standard on this. Uni's getting better - MUCH better, trash in very hard to reach places (like halfway down the side of the hill from litterers chucking things off the Starway) goes away relatively quickly. Knott's is usually OK. Premier's the bottom feeder here. Your comment brings to mind the one reason I'm kinda glad they took out Log Jammer at SFMM - the constant slurry of trash and whatever crap I don't want to know about forming the weird smelly pile around any of the pumping facilities.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I don't know why, but I really don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff. I really only focus on the things that are beautiful within the park. Sure, there will always be certain things that can be improved, but overall, the parks are extremely well maintained and are spectacular works of art. IMHO......

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Closed Account

I don't mind this so much as I know its not Disneyland's fault, but rude guests who want to spoil the environment for others. It's like when you see someone throw their empty coffee cup in front of the castle into the water. Disneyland has trash cans everywhere, yet some people are above trash cans.

• Foolish Mortal

^ totally. i agree with ya. it's not like i go out of my way to notice these things, but sometimes when you are leaning against a rail gazing at the castle, or transitioning from one scene to the next in POTC, you look around and notice those types of things.

• Minion

I think things like this have a snowball effect. If the park is keeping up on them, and everything is looking pristine, it's that much more difficult for a guest to throw their stuff on the ground. But if the park is not staying on top of it, it's easier for a guest to figure, why not?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I think things like this have a snowball effect. If the park is keeping up on them, and everything is looking pristine, it's that much more difficult for a guest to throw their stuff on the ground. But if the park is not staying on top of it, it's easier for a guest to figure, why not?
    "Broken Windows" philosophy - essentially the more it looks like noone cares, the less people care. Just pointing out the real world connection on it - it's a common police philosophy.

I remember reading that in the old days, maintenance crews repainted, steam-cleaned the streets, and replaced landscaping each night.

If that was true, I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore!

• Disneyland Dreamer

The rusty alice in wonderland queue railings bother me. They had gotten worse between my infrequent visits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast