Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: DL or DCA need a bigger Tron presence + bring back ElecTRONica!

Count me in for liking electronica more than the Mad Tea Party too. I also would have loved to see a Tron attraction, but I feel like a Star Wars ride is inevitable.

• Greetings, Program!

Flynn Lives.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    They don't. leemac over on lp would definitely know a d he said the idea of Tron attractions in the parks was dead because the lack of success of the movie. It was a decent movie and yet the public just wasn't interested in the story. This is one franchise that just doesn't capture the imagination of the general public in any way. Heck, a National Treasure attraction would drive more attendance and creat more excitement outside of the fan blogs than Tron.

Have to agree with this statement. It's my guess that for every one fan of Tron, there are four people who couldn't care less. Sorry Tron fans, IMHO there is little to no Tron in the parks because there is little to no demand from the audience.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by QPerth View Post
    well they have 2 themes to choose from. Flynn's or Linklaters (??) from Wreck It Ralph!
    I was actually referring to removing the arcade and putting in something that had more to do with Tomorrowland. However, even if they left the arcade, there is no reason that they would have to limit it to those themes. It could be themed to some futuristic space station, a NASA control center, a lunar colony, or, if it has to be themed to a Disney movie, there is the Black Hole, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, Star Wars (although there is already enough of that in Tomorrowland), Treasure Planet…

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    At DCA, I could totally see something Tron working.
    How does that fit there?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I would be all for removing the Starcade altogether. It isn't relevant to Tomorrowland and just seems to be a nice spot to dump kids for a while while parents relax. I usually pop into the Starcade if it's hot outside and I want to be in air conditioning for a couple minutes. It has nothing to do with what's actually in there.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

I'd love to see a larger Tron presence. People that say that a movie needs to be popular in order to translate over to a good attraction need to look no further than Splash Mountain. It's based on Song of the South, a movie which most people have never even seen yet the attraction is one of the most popular in the park. I didn't like the original Tron movie but Tron Legacy was great and really visually stunning. I think that even people that don't like the story would enjoy being immersed in that world.

On the flipside, I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand Star Wars and adding more of that franchise to the park will definitely make me rethink future visits.

• We Go On.

I FULLY support the Tron franchise.

DCA was originally supposed to have a Silicon Valley area. If they wanted to revisit that idea, I think Tron could fit there. They could get a California computer/game company to sponsor the area (Apple, EA, Activision Blizzard, Zynga) or maybe ask Microsoft to move over once Innoventions is closed. They could do a Tron attraction, Flynn's Arcade, history of computers exhibit, and a place to play the newest games the sponsor and Disney Interactive (if Disney Infinity is as popular as they hope they could have play areas here and sell exclusive Disney Parks figures). The area could also be a hub for any NextGen projects such west coast versions of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or Agent P's World Showcase Adventure (redesigned and renamed of course).

Tomorrowland could also work, because, as the inclusion of Star Wars which takes place a long time ago has shown, Tomorrowland is not about the literal future, but rather the ideas of the future. Tron fits in nicely with that. "He said he was about to change everything. Science, medicine, religion."

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Huge TRON fan here ever since I saw the original in the 80's, and I even enjoyed TRON: Legacy. I was so hoping for a TRON ride at Disneyland on the people mover tracks, and was saddened to hear it may become a Star Wars ride instead. I like Star Wars too, but I would rather have the TRON ride and give Tomorrowland more variety.

Oh yeah and BRING BACK ELECTRONICA!!!! It was the best dance party at DCA and I miss it a lot!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Former Churro Jockey

I disliked both Tron movies, but a good ride is a good ride. It doesn't really make much of a difference whether you liked the movie it was based on (at least not to me, the only difference is in making me want to go there in the first place). I do like the look of the Tron movies and I wouldn't mind seeing some of that in Tomorrowland, but I also wouldn't notice that there isn't any Tron presence in Tomorrowland either.

Also, I like the look of Electronica better then the look of the Mad T Party, but the Mad T Party was more fun, with the band that they hired and the Tweedle De / Dum bouncers heckling you when you walk in.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How does that fit there?
    The whole Mad Tea Party area could totally become Tron themed, and they could do a ride, show, or whatever they wanted. DCA is less "nostalgic" and "full blown Disney" so they can fill it in however they want. Seriously though, I would like for them to put Tron, Star Wars, etc all at the 3rd gate, whenever it comes, to keep the whole Marvel/George Lucas thing, which I still don't consider "completely Disney" even though I know it is, from ruining the true Disney experience.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    The whole Mad Tea Party area could totally become Tron themed, and they could do a ride, show, or whatever they wanted. DCA is less "nostalgic" and "full blown Disney" so they can fill it in however they want.
    The dance party, while out of theme, didn’t bother me too much because it was a temporary thing. However a permanent ride doesn’t really fit in with the theme there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    The Tron 3 movie isn't at a standstill. Garret, Olivia, Bruce already confirmed their return for part 3, and is in the final stages of being written by Jesse Wigutow, which has been confirmed by the director Joseph.
    That's true.

Joseph Kosinski Talks TRON 3 and The Black Hole Remake | Superhero Hype

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Just because a movie property doesn't meet Disney's standard at the box office does not mean it can't translate into a wildly successful concept at a theme park. If an attraction is amazing and has thematic cohesion that would win the public over by itself. The idea of riding on one of those futuristic light cycles would be amazing regardless if you like the story of the movie or not. Tomorrowland would be far better off in the long-run with Tron at its core rather than saturating with Star Wars.
    Completely agree with this post.
    A Lightcycle ride would have been awesome.

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Flynn Lives.
    Indeed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast