Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Angry DL or DCA need a bigger Tron presence + bring back ElecTRONica!

Such an awesome franchise, and the most visually stunning by far. Two great movies, and an amazing animated series and it's nowhere to be found in either park. Either a ride in Tomorrowland, and bring back something like ElecTRONica which was better than the Mad T Party. Hopefully TDA has something in the works Tron related.

•   
    • Minion

Re: DL or DCA need a bigger Tron presence + bring back ElecTRONica!

I agree and we can only hope.

• Banned User

They don't. leemac over on lp would definitely know a d he said the idea of Tron attractions in the parks was dead because the lack of success of the movie. It was a decent movie and yet the public just wasn't interested in the story. This is one franchise that just doesn't capture the imagination of the general public in any way. Heck, a National Treasure attraction would drive more attendance and creat more excitement outside of the fan blogs than Tron.

• The doctor is in

I would enjoy a bigger Tron presence or a Tron ride, especially in Tomorrowland, but I don't think it will happen at this point. Tron: Legacy wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't all that popular with audiences and the apparent/rumored sequel is at a standstill while Disney wastes money on other projects like Oz, The Lone Ranger, and more Pirates of the Caribbean movies. At this point the movie is already 3 years old and I feel like if they announce a Tron attraction a lot of people will go, "oh yeah that movie did happen."

And I do agree... elecTRONica was much better than Mad T Party.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I do have to agree with this! I REALLY miss Flynn's. I wish they'd just convert the Starcade or something.

•   
    • Minion

I really preferred Electronica to Mad T Party as well - although I think the live band and singers at MT are amazing.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

you win the internet for this awesome topic discussion. It is almost a crime that Disney continues to ignore brilliant properties from it's own library like TRON, and instead will probably attempt to shoehorn in Monster Inc. Laugh Floor and Star Wars land/overlay into DL-Tomorrowland.
    TRON should have had a presence there years ago. They already had computer arcade games. How hard was it to banner those under FLYNN'S. Either there or over in DCA. Perhaps if people could connect to the brilliant franchise more, through attractions, then more people would have appreciated the terrific sequel film, and the mind-blowingly phenomenal animated TRON:Uprising, which had superb characters, for boys AND for girls, and yet they didn't even play it in a regular time-slot or release toys/figures!

There were the rumours that a TRON Lightcycle attraction was considered for the DL-Tomorrowland redo, but now the rumour is that it will be a Star Wars themed attraction. #facepalm. Really Disney? Sure, a Star Wars "land" would be HIGH on my list on an Attraction Wishlist, but make it a separate area. There is no conflict in having Star Tours separate, its's a Space Travel agency. It can be anywhere.

If they lined up photos of ALL the different Tomorrowland 'Looks' from through the years, I would bet my next Disney park visit that the look that would win every time is the white, futuristic look/skin/theme. Bring it back to that, it won't date. Take away all millions of Visual Contradictions (yeah looking at you Buzz signage) and make signage that blends into the theme, not hard, and is consistant. Then add some neon/LED (energy efficient and bright as anything) and there is a TRON theme Tomorrowland, or even a section. It would look amazing in the daytime, and beyond awesome at night time.

And after this sad Lone Ranger debacle (I actually enjoyed the film, although it was perhaps a bit too long, same as most of my friends that saw it enjoyed it), I am now VERY nervous of us even getting a TRON:3 film at all. I think they will stick with their Pirates and Pixar sequels for the most part.

Disney. You have TRON. It is a brilliant brand/universe/theme. Terrific merchandise opportunities. Use that to your advantage, and stop neglecting TRON!

rant over. Thanks for you time, and thanks for this awesome thread!
    Last edited by QPerth; 07-10-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I would enjoy a bigger Tron presence or a Tron ride, especially in Tomorrowland, but I don't think it will happen at this point. Tron: Legacy wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't all that popular with audiences and the apparent/rumored sequel is at a standstill while Disney wastes money on other projects like Oz, The Lone Ranger, and more Pirates of the Caribbean movies. At this point the movie is already 3 years old and I feel like if they announce a Tron attraction a lot of people will go, "oh yeah that movie did happen."

And I do agree... elecTRONica was much better than Mad T Party.
    The Tron 3 movie isn't at a standstill. Garret, Olivia, Bruce already confirmed their return for part 3, and is in the final stages of being written by Jesse Wigutow, which has been confirmed by the director Joseph.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
    I do have to agree with this! I REALLY miss Flynn's. I wish they'd just convert the Starcade or something.
    The Starcade needs to be converted into something TOMORROWland, not 1982 video arcadeland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Starcade needs to be converted into something TOMORROWland, not 1982 video arcadeland.
    well they have 2 themes to choose from. Flynn's or Linklaters (??) from Wreck It Ralph!
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

• Queen Elsa

I hated Tron I though the movie was boring I didn't even like the first one. So no I don't want anything of Tron in the parks sorry.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Just because a movie property doesn't meet Disney's standard at the box office does not mean it can't translate into a wildly successful concept at a theme park. If an attraction is amazing and has thematic cohesion that would win the public over by itself. The idea of riding on one of those futuristic light cycles would be amazing regardless if you like the story of the movie or not. Tomorrowland would be far better off in the long-run with Tron at its core rather than saturating with Star Wars.

• Closed Account

If they do anything with Tron, I think it definitely belongs at DCA and not at Disneyland. Tron is good for the fans, and for drawing in a loyal fan base, but it's so un-Disneyland like that it would just be out of place at Disneyland. Even in Tomorrowland, Tron would stick out like a sore thumb or a black sheep. At DCA, I could totally see something Tron working.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Just because a movie property doesn't meet Disney's standard at the box office does not mean it can't translate into a wildly successful concept at a theme park. If an attraction is amazing and has thematic cohesion that would win the public over by itself. The idea of riding on one of those futuristic light cycles would be amazing regardless if you like the story of the movie or not. Tomorrowland would be far better off in the long-run with Tron at its core rather than saturating with Star Wars.
    This. TRON, to me, is much closer to Sci-Fi reality than anything Star Wars could offer. They could even use it to promote breakthroughs in digital media, computers and gaming.. you know, like Innoventions is supposed to do. Lightcycles would look much sleeker travelling above the Tomorrowland expanse day and night. Speederbikes have always been portrayed as unweildy, often rundown looking equipment.
    TRON's sound tracks are also very energetic and would add a nice element to the Tomorrowland vibe.

I love my Star Wars, but I'd rather see TRON as a dynamic part of the park.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by QPerth View Post
    well they have 2 themes to choose from. Flynn's or Linklaters (??) from Wreck It Ralph!
    Litwak's Arcade.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast