Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is it time to replace Toontown?

Toontown is fine. Its only problem is it is too sun-baked. They originally had it so wide open because the Jolly Trolley ran straight through it, but now that that has been removed, they've been left with a concourse five times too wide. Plant some trees and grass and fountains.

What needs to be removed is the thing in front of ToonTown. That horrid theatre that looks like TDA went to K-mart and picked out the cheapest giant patio canopy they could find and erected it on site.
    Last edited by choco choco; 07-11-2013 at 08:16 AM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    What needs to be removed is the thing in front of ToonTown. That horrid theatre that looks like TDA went to K-mart and picked out the cheapest giant patio canopy they could find and erected it on site.
    Seconded!

More trees or shade of some kind would definitely help. I love the wide-openness of ToonTown but it's a little like being on a grill.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

No. It is time to shut it down for a LONG rennovation, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    No. It is time to shut it down for a LONG rennovation, though.
    I think that a lot of people forget that one of the reasons that ToonTown was built was to take a lot of the pressure off FantasyLand from the kids and strollers. If ToonTown was totally shut down I would hate to think of what FantasyLand would be like.

My personal feeling is that ToonTown needs to be Fixed. It was a lot more fun before the lawyers took so many things out. Donald's boat is a mirror shadow of what it use to be, for example.

• Minion

It would be a waste to demolish it. Instead, more attractions need to added such as an Epic Mickey E-ticket dark ride or Mickey's Philharmagic and bringing back the Jolly Trolley because right now there is hardly any reason for me to visit that section in the park. Also, repainting the facades would be needed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    Yes, refurbishment and a new attraction would go along way for Toontown. It is pretty similar to Bear Country before Splash Mountain right now, nice area of the park but the dead end design prevents many people from going there. If Toontown had a major attraction to anchor the land, it could become one of the most popular Disneyland lands!
    Agreed! Cartoon Spin wasn't enough to get me back to the TT when I was there a week ago. If there were another attraction that the whole family could enjoy, I think it would help revitalize it - along with some fresh coats of paint, etc. I liked the area, but if I am running low on time or steam, it's one that is skippable, sadly, until they bring in a new attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Maybe its time to say "don't enter if you're not bringing in a kid".
    NO! Don't start the LegoLand controversy here! It's asinine! (Their policy, not you. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    Toontown is fine. Its only problem is it is too sun-baked. They originally had it so wide open because the Jolly Trolley ran straight through it, but now that that has been removed, they've been left with a concourse five times too wide. Plant some trees and grass and fountains.
    Shade is ESSENTIAL in TT! Definitely needs some shade added!!!!!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'd love to see more interactive character homes like Mickeys. Minnies is quite small and Goofy's house and Donalds boat are play grounds. Is Chip and Dales tree even in use anymore? Also, since this land is quite the trek to get out to, there should be something more exciting than Roger Rabbit and Mickeys House which are the 2 things I try and hit up if I even go back there. I would actually love to see Toontown replicate the concept sketches more closely. There were multiple levels on Roger that extended outdoors and just an energy that I could feel just from looking at the sketches.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I would love to see it revamped to reflect not only the 80s - 90s era of the toons, but more about their prime time! Those characters are barely in films anymore, so why not reflect on their prime between the 20s - 40s?! Not saying they absolutely need to make it look like all the short cartoons, but incorporate it somehow? there's so much you can do as far as creating a toon friendly neighbourhood! In my eyes, I'd be looking for those classic characters on Main St rather than in the actual Toon Town area...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Also, since this land is quite the trek to get out to
    The entrance to Toontown is only about 150 yards past Fantasyland. I wouldn't call that a "trek".
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Former Churro Jockey

If they brought over Mickey's Philharmagic that would be cool, and it would make me actually set foot in Toontown once in a while. Certainly the number one thing it needs is more shade. CM's HATE working there because you get cooked standing out there all day. Even standing under an umbrella like I did was no help, because the sidewalk and the buildings all reflect the heat. Toontown needs A LOT of trees, and may even a small lagoon or something. Also a fab-five themed restaurant would be nice.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The entrance to Toontown is only about 150 yards past Fantasyland. I wouldn't call that a "trek".
    I don't usually ride Small World and rarely find myself near that back portion of Fantasyland, so to each his own

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Nope; just as it has been written here...a re-boot is needed. Some fresh paint everywhere and some more large shade trees would work nicely.

Removed or replaced? No! Updated significantly? Yes.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

It's really become a sad, thoroughly under maintained area of the park. I ADORE Car Toon Spin, and I really enjoy taking my siblings to see Mickey & Minnie in their houses, but lets face it; the paint is peeling, there are two rides, and to be frank, the whole land gives off more of a creepy vibe than anything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast