Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Characters.

Characters.

Has anyone heard an update on the Ariel Meet and Greet that was supposed to happen in DCA? I also want to know why their isn't a lot of characters out in the parks these days. My dad took me to Disneyland this Monday and he said he recalled a time when a lot of characters would come out at the parks. Like rare characters that would come out. Sorry if I seem all kooky about characters but I love seeing characters at the Parks. I think the characters are what makes apart of Disney Parks but it is unfair that other parks get rare characters as casuals around the park when they are extremely rare for us.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Characters.

From what I hear the meet and Greet for Ariel has been scrap. I which they would do it but from what I hear there is no place to put the meet and greet.

• Closed Account

The Ariel Meet N Greet is no more, whether it's an idea that is gone permanently, or one that they have just giving up on for now, is a question that only time will tell. Ariel is almost always at the princess area to greet, so I really think she doesn't need a separate meet n greet area like she had at Disneyland once upon a time. I remember a time when Disneyland was so congested with characters that you couldn't get down Main Street if you wanted to see them all. My highest total for a single day of characters was 18, and that was long before official princess meet n greets and the Winnie The Pooh section.

That all being said, you can always count on Winnie The Pooh and friends in Critter Country, the princesses in Fantasyland, usually the Fairy Godmother and Snow White near the wishing well, Rapunzel in the afternoon, Merida from Brave in her area, Cruella near the fire house, and Alice and the gang at musical chairs. Beyond that there is always Duffy over at DCA.

For the most characters, definitely a character meal is your best bet.

• Evil is Sexy

Also, going on a Monday or Tuesday is kind of shooting yourself in the foot. Many characters aren't scheduled for meet n greets until Wednesday. Peter Pan is notorious for avoiding Monday and Tuesdays. He's afraid if he comes to the park too early in the week, they will make him go to school.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I also have another question when do for Disneyland on their birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by jose92397 View Post
    Has anyone heard an update on the Ariel Meet and Greet that was supposed to happen in DCA? I also want to know why their isn't a lot of characters out in the parks these days. My dad took me to Disneyland this Monday and he said he recalled a time when a lot of characters would come out at the parks. Like rare characters that would come out. Sorry if I seem all kooky about characters but I love seeing characters at the Parks. I think the characters are what makes apart of Disney Parks but it is unfair that other parks get rare characters as casuals around the park when they are extremely rare for us.

None of the 5 resorts routinely has "rare" characters out. Paris will do special stuff a few days a year. Tokyo has the Rescuers, but they arent rare for Tokyo - theyve been out for years. WDW has had a few days, but it was not due to a desire to do so, like when the Beauty and the Beast show came back from refurb and the stage wasnt ready.

DL kind of had the best lineup back when Dancin with Disney was going on last year - be careful what you wish for.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jose92397 View Post
    I also have another question when do for Disneyland on their birthday?

Last I heard, they had a flash mob with a whole bunch of characters on Disneyland's Birthday and sing the "Happy Birthday song to Disneyland.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

ORDDU: I think it's a matter of money and budget cuts. Back in the 80's and 90's there were many more characters out at Disneyland than there are now. Slowly they are making characters disappear--Merlin, the 3 little Pigs, Bernard, Bianca, Roger Rabbit--just to name a few.

ORWEN: In Florida they seem to have more characters out and about than they do in California. But there was a time when it was the other way around.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Also, going on a Monday or Tuesday is kind of shooting yourself in the foot. Many characters aren't scheduled for meet n greets until Wednesday. Peter Pan is notorious for avoiding Monday and Tuesdays. He's afraid if he comes to the park too early in the week, they will make him go to school.
    But it's summer

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

ORWEN: Peter is probably afraid of Summer School...

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Peter is probably afraid of Summer School...
    Probably, I wish you guys would come out for meet and greets. I was finally able to watch TBC and one of the few things I liked about the movie were you guys. If The Witches of Morva and the Horned King would come out for meet and greets I would be a happy Sith

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Disney Trivia Queen

When OSHA had closed Space Mountain, and BTMRR was closed for refurbishment (there might have been other closures that weekend too, I can't remember), there were a TON of characters out in the parks and random ones too! I think Disney was trying to spread the crowd out so the lines for the rides that were open weren't too long.

Last time I checked she was in Ariel's Grotto.
    HAVE A ZIPPIDY DOO DAH DAY
    ~HAKUNA MATATA~
    Amanda

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you for your kind comments, LordVader, duckling. We wish we were out for meetings and greetings, too.

ORWEN: Well, we actually were--for one day--but then got fired all because of a certain nasty old biddy's tirade.

ORGOCH: Well, it ain't my fault some dirty old man got confused and mistook us fer cleanin' women!! There weren't no WAY I was gonna' clean up no horse pucky on Main Street USA!!!

ORDDU: So, after our little sister--Orgoch--finished beating the poor old man to a pulp, the entire Black Cauldron cast was banned from ever doing meetings and greetings inside a Disney theme park ever again.

ORWEN: This meant we'd never be able to appear in any parades or stage shows. To think I might have become one of the brightest shining stars of Disney! (sigh...)

ORGOCH: Aw, give it a rest, ya lard bucket a Krispy Kremes! Even if I hadn't beat that poor man ta a pulp they'd a disowned us 'cause a the two losers both of ya is!! Nobody wants ta see hag who eats ev'rything in sight whilst the other one stands around lookin' ta see how many married men she can pick up!!!

• Queen Elsa

I was at Disneyland on a tuesday not that long ago and Peter was out so he can be out on Tuesday's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast