Sonoma County, Ca. but born in Whittier, Ca.

Couple of AP questions

I'm sure there is info regarding my questions somewhere on here, so I apologize ahead of time. I did a search, but I find perusing the results with my iPhone pretty cumbersome.
    To my questions...
    I'm bringing my son down to DLR next Wednesday. A little father/son bonding trip to escape some family stresses. I plan on purchasing Premium APs through the payment plan. First, do I have to purchase them on-line, or will I be able to purchase them at the gate? Second, we'll be arriving early evening on Wednesday...say, 7ish. I'd like to treat him to dinner in the park. Would I be able to process the APs that late in the day, or will I have to wait until the next day? Thanks in advance!

Re: Couple of AP questions

You can buy an AP on the Monthly payment plan either online or at the gate.

You can purchase an AP anytime during an operating day. As long as you purchase before park closing, you will be allowed into the park.

• Closed Account

You can purchase the annual pass ahead of time online to save waiting in line, or you can purchase it at any ticket window when you arrive at the park. What time you get to the park doesn't matter, they will be happy to take your money any time of day. You will be able to process your pass immediately. For the photo, you can go to any photopass photographer in the pass, and they can take your photo. You can choose whether you want to take your photo that day, or on your next visit. Enjoy your annual passes!

Check your dates to see if your son can get by with a deluxe pass. He doesn't need free parking.

Sonoma County, Ca. but born in Whittier, Ca.

He doesn't need free parking, but he'll need to get in during Christmas break! Thanks to all for the replies!

If you buy online, you'll be able to use the printout directly at the entry gates. However, this will only produce a temporary single day ticket at the gate. At some point during the day, you will need to go back to the ticket booth to convert the temporary ticket into your AP card.

It seems like they keep changing this. It's a pain that you need to leave the park to get your real pass if you do the online option but does get you into the park quickly the first day.

Since you are going later in the day on the first day, it's probably easier to just buy the AP when you get to the park.

The easy part now as someone else mentioned, you can go to any photopass person to get your AP photo taken. In the past, this meant waiting in another line.

Have a great trip!!