Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Adventureland Expansion

Here are some menus and a photo of the Tahitian Terrace
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The Tahitian Terrace was my second-favorite restaurant in Disneyland, second only to the Blue Bayou. Very tropical, very Tiki, and great food. More than the dinner and Tahitian show, I liked it as an awesome place for a summer lunch at one of the waterside tables overlooking the Jungle Cruise river -- shade from the big tree, Polynesian music in the background, the big waterfall giving off a cooling mist, and the Jungle Cruise boats drifting past. Incredibly immersive and relaxing.

Some threads about it:

Why did the Tahitian Terrace close? Do you remember it fondly?

Tahitian Terrace: Would it be a big draw?

Bringing back the Tahitian Terrace

Do you think Tahitan Terrace will ever be on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Classics

What to do with aladins oasis
    What a thoughtful reply, Mr. Wiggins! Thank you for this! Through your memories, I am able to take a glimpse as to what a fantastic place it once was!

I am definitely going to check out those threads!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Here are some menus and a photo of the Tahitian Terrace
    Oh my! Look at those prices!!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

You're very welcome BwaySaint, and THANK YOU BOB WEAVER for the menus!!! Wow do they ever bring back memories -- like how the flaming ice cream desserts looked when they were brought out to your table at night (they were made up to look like little volcanoes). As it was in the Blue Bayou, the service was excellent -- Disney-friendly but at the same time totally classy.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

While I truly dearly miss the Tahitian Terrace, I seem to recall that there were labor issues with the "Island" dancers (much like the Indian Village years before).

Or am I just "misremembering"?
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

Remove Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Oasis, Tiki Room, and Holly Jolly Bakery. All these attractions are well past their prime and take up a HUGE amount of space that could be better used.. Its time for them to go.

Replace it with something similar to Mt Prometheus from DisneySea with Journey to the Center of the Earth as the anchor attraction.

Or

Put in something similar to Mystic Manor in this space with a themed mini land surrounding it.
    Last edited by Ryan120420; 07-11-2013 at 10:46 PM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Remove Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Oasis, Tiki Room, and Holly Jolly Bakery. All these attractions are well past their prime. Its time for them to go.

Replace it with something similar to Mt Prometheus from DisneySea with Journey to the Center of the Earth as the anchor attraction.

Or

Put in something similar to Mystic Manor in this space with a themed mini land surrounding it.
    Tiki room and Jungle Cruise are ANCHORS. They make the space.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    LOL, no they're not. Indiana Jone is the anchor to that land. Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise are just filler attractions now.

Prior to Indi sure, but now? No way.

Remove Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Oasis, Tiki Room, and Holly Jolly Bakery. All these attractions are well past their prime and take up a HUGE amount of space that could be better used.. Its time for them to go.

Or

LOL, no they're not. Indiana Jone is the anchor to that land. Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise are just filler attractions now.

I would have to completely disagree.

Jungle Cruise is what gives life to the land. Regardless of what else has been added, it has all been added around Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise defines Adventureland in Disneyland. To lose it, Adventureland would lose focus and would go wayside ala Tomorrowland. Especially with both examples you provided, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Mystic Manor would completely disrupt the balance of the land.

Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Indy all compliment each other. They provide a variety of types of entertainment (show, family ride, thrill ride) and all meet one central theme. That's why I think people are often unhappy with Tarzan, it simply doesn't have the same artistic style that Indy, Tiki Room, and Jungle Cruise all seem to fit so well.

I would argue Adventureland is the best land in the park. However enhancements I would recommend would be a reorganization of the flow of that land. I think the planters do serve some purpose but they should be consolidated and also more visually appealing. Bengal BBQ should be pushed further into a building away from the walkway and Indy's queue entrance pushed back closer to the temple. Finally replace Tarzan's Treehouse with something that is more realistic like the rest of the land and bring back a Polynesian dinner show to segue Tiki Room with the rest of the land and you'll have a real winner. A cheap fix to whats an almost perfect land.

• New Member Goes Forth

I would love them to revisit the Indiana Jones plan they had a few years ago...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Sure Indy is a strong attraction, BUT the Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise STILL Anchors and is the heart of ALL of Adventureland.

Back on Topic, a few years ago, Imagineers were challenged to find ways that the current various lands in Disneyland could be expanded to accommodate and entertain more quests. For Adventureland, they explored the option to expand into the current picnic area, just outside DL, near the Tram drop off.

I would love to see them expand Adventureland, if possibthle, BUT perhaps, We could have a 2nd Adventureland in a new 3rd theme park!

Jungle Cruise is what gives life to the land. Regardless of what else has been added, it has all been added around Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise defines Adventureland in Disneyland. To lose it, Adventureland would lose focus and would go wayside ala Tomorrowland. Especially with both examples you provided, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Mystic Manor would completely disrupt the balance of the land.
    I disagree.

They could easily tie in a Mt Prometheus & Journey To The Center of The Earth/ Mystic Manor style attractions with Indiana Jones. Then Adventureland would have a much more cohesive theme than what it has currently.

And if they built a Mt Prometheus Mountain, there is no doubt in my mind that it would end up defining Adventureland. And future additions would be built around or in it, much like Jungle Cruise.

They could easily tie in a Mt Prometheus & Journey To The Center of The Earth/ Mystic Manor style attractions with Indiana Jones. Then Adventureland would have a much more cohesive theme than what it has currently.
    ...excuse me?

That is literally baffling how Vulcania, a volcano island would exist right next to an Indian temple. And Indiana Jone lives in the same steampunk turn of the century time as Captain Nemo?

Mystic Manor is a cartoon character that completely clashes with Indiana Jones. Plus there is another mansion literally a 200 yards away.

i'm all for shrinking or reworking the jungle cruise to make room for something new

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Much as I hate saying this, either Jungle Cruise has to be enhanced dramatically to make use of its space or it needs to be removed. I'm in favor of re-evaluating if Autopia or Jungle Cruise are worth their real estate since little to nothing has been done to enhance them all these years. Personally I think something much more impressive could be done with these attractions or the land on which they reside if Disney were truly serious about creating something original and groundbreaking (which they wont).

I don't see the second plan happening though but you could theoretically relocate Frontierland and make use of the ranch space and any area beyond the berm.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-12-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast