Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Selfie Expert

Re: Adventureland Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Tiki room and Jungle Cruise are ANCHORS. They make the space.
    I agree that these are vital attractions not only to the land, but to the park. I can't imagine two of these classics being taken away! I love Indiana Jones, it's one of my favorites, but it is not the only draw to Adventureland.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Element of Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Remove Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Oasis, Tiki Room, and Holly Jolly Bakery. All these attractions are well past their prime and take up a HUGE amount of space that could be better used.. Its time for them to go.

Replace it with something similar to Mt Prometheus from DisneySea with Journey to the Center of the Earth as the anchor attraction.

Or

Put in something similar to Mystic Manor in this space with a themed mini land surrounding it.
    Uhh. . . Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Room are part of what gives Disneyland it's charm, and Holy Jolly Bakery, if I recall only opened up in the last year or 2. . . As for Aladdin's Oasis, that would be the only space that could be better utilized, either by restoring the space to the Tahitian Terrace, or by my idea of a juice/smoothie bar. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Disneyland Dreamer

LOL, no they're not. Indiana Jone is the anchor to that land. Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise are just filler attractions now.

Prior to Indi sure, but now? No way.
    When I was there last, the indy line was next to nothing, and the JC line had filled the entire queue (including upstairs), and had exited the building, and wound all the way down to the Indy FP entrance. JC is a MAJOR draw, and has high ridership. They've had a movie based upon it in the works for a while, and will make it even more popular. The JC queue is also the best queue in the park.

Replace it with something similar to Mt Prometheus from DisneySea with Journey to the Center of the Earth as the anchor attraction.
    Just out of curiosity, have you ever been on DisneySea's Journey to the Center of the Earth?

I think they should dust off the old plans that had a second Indiana Jones mine cart ride partly sharing the same building with the current attraction. It'd obviously be a huge undertaking, as the current structure is not the same size or design as the one shown in the original plans (which also had the train and JC boat going through it!), but since it was something that was once on the table, there's no reason why it couldn't be looked at again.

Of course it would be nice if it were bigger, since you could basically do an entire new park under the 'Adventureland' theme, but DL's Adventureland is pretty much perfect the way it is. Do something new and creative with the Aladdin space, but that's about it.

The real spaces for major expansion in DL is back in Big Thunder Ranch area, and the Autopia/Innoventions space. Save any additional 'adventure' type rides for the future third park. I can't imagine any of the current AL attractions being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    ...excuse me?

That is literally baffling how Vulcania, a volcano island would exist right next to an Indian temple. And Indiana Jone lives in the same steampunk turn of the century time as Captain Nemo?

Mystic Manor is a cartoon character that completely clashes with Indiana Jones. Plus there is another mansion literally a 200 yards away.
    I didn't say exact clones. I said style of attractions. The rides would have to be tailored to fit the area of Adventureland.

• Element of Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I agree that these are vital attractions not only to the land, but to the park. I can't imagine two of these classics being taken away! I love Indiana Jones, it's one of my favorites, but it is not the only draw to Adventureland.
    Kelly, I couldn't have said it better myself. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

I didn't say exact clones. I said style of attractions. The rides would have to be tailored to fit the area of Adventureland.
    I think you've been confusing your opinion with fact. There is no indication that either the Tiki Room or the Jungle Cruise do not have a huge fan base and healthy ridership compared to Indiana Jones. Now, personally, I find the Tiki Room goofy and not worth the wait, but that's my opinion and I know well enough that so many people love that ride and it has a long wait usually. So I would never recommend removing it despite my own personal feelings.

There's no way, in heck, that Disney either will or should remove the Jungle Cruise or the Tiki Room now or in the decipherable future.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123