Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Adventureland Expansion

Is there any way they could do this? Adventureland is my favorite land (best themed, most inspiring, etc), and does quite a bit with very little realestate. Unfortunately, it seems like every square inch is used (except for the Aladin area). Is there an opportunity to expand and add another attraction without cutting into the already cut into jungle cruise? Maybe take over the CM area on the back side of main street?

• Closed Account

Re: Adventureland Expansion

I would love to see Adventureland expand, as it is one of my favorite lands. But, alas, I don't think there is room for it to expand. In an ideal world, they would ditch the Aladdin Oasis area, even though I love going there for a rest, and they would replace it with a great Meet N Greet of a character, like Indiana Jones, Donald Duck or Mickey in a safari uniform, Baloo from the Jungle Book, etc. They would finally knock down the Tarzan Treehouse and replace it with something else (what I am not sure) or return it back to Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. The other idea would be to build up where Aladdin's Oasis is, how or what, I don't know. Of course, we could always knock down the row of gift shops, and put something there, again, what, I don't know.

• Disneyland Dreamer

If Tailspin wasn't so obscure (I loved it), having Baloo's plane and/or King Louie's bar could be cool. The real issue is there's just not any "frontage" left to even get you down a path back to another area.

• Former Churro Jockey

I can tell you that there is no room to expand backstage at all. The building for Indiana Jones is so large, it takes up most of the available space, and practically touches the back of New Orleans Square. So the only possible option would be to go underground, but I don't know how much infrastructure is already in place to support POTC, or whether that extends to underneath Adventureland or not. I've never really seen a diagram of where exactly the underground portion of the ride is in relation to the different lands. My impression is that it goes more toward the back area of New Orleans Square, but it's hard to tell for sure, plus I don't know what underground support systems are required to operate POTC and where those might be located. So sadly, as much as I love Adventureland, I think this is probably as big as it is ever going to get.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Element of Laughter

I don't see where they can expand Adventureland, but what I would like to see there is to take out Aladdin's Oasis and either replace it with a revived Tahitian Terrace(complete with dinner show), or a juice/smoothie bar, with a combination of about 3-4 permanent selections of fruit and juice(orange, pineapple, and apple juice, along with fresh pineapple, bananas, peaches, and grapes), along with a rotating selection(selections change every few days, on no set interval), along with frozen yogurts, and smoothies. You could even theme it to King Louie's bar from Tale Spin, the storyline is that Baloo brings back different fruits and juices during his travels(starfruit, kiwi, peach, and orange juice smoothie, anyone?). . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Closed Account

I always thought before DCA was built that Aladdin's Oasis would make an awesome location for a drop ride, based on Indiana Jones, or something like a journey to the end of the earth. But, then DCA came along, and now I can't see a drop ride being successful there, because of how successful Tower Of Terror is.

Adventureland is one of my favorites, too, though like the rest, I don't see how there is room for an expansion. I loved Aladdin's Oasis when it was the dinner theatre/show, and I guess families still enjoy it for the meet and greet, but that would be the only real estate there that would make sense for some sort of refurbishment/replacement.

I love the shops in Adventureland, so I would hate to see those go! Don't even think about it!!!

And Tail Spin! Oh my goodness! I haven't thought about that tv show in years! What a cute idea that would be! Maybe it would prompt a redo of the show?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Son Gohan View Post
    I don't see where they can expand Adventureland, but what I would like to see there is to take out Aladdin's Oasis and either replace it with a revived Tahitian Terrace(complete with dinner show)....
    This x 10!!!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

What was the Tahitian Terrace? I really don't remember what was there prior to Aladdin? I only remember that because it opened when I was an Aladdin-obsessed 12 year old...

• Former Churro Jockey

It was a polynesian dinner show with fire walkers and dancers. You can see a video of what it was like on the Disneyland After Dark DVD from the Disney Treasures series. I'm assuming that the food was what you'd find at a typical luau (pork), but I never did get to eat there.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It was a polynesian dinner show with fire walkers and dancers. You can see a video of what it was like on the Disneyland After Dark DVD from the Disney Treasures series. I'm assuming that the food was what you'd find at a typical luau (pork), but I never did get to eat there.
    Oh, wow! That sounds fantastic!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    The Tahitian Terrace was my second-favorite restaurant in Disneyland, second only to the Blue Bayou. Very tropical, very Tiki, and great food. More than the dinner and Tahitian show, I liked it as an awesome place for a summer lunch at one of the waterside tables overlooking the Jungle Cruise river -- shade from the big tree, Polynesian music in the background, the big waterfall giving off a cooling mist, and the Jungle Cruise boats drifting past. Incredibly immersive and relaxing.

Some threads about it:

Why did the Tahitian Terrace close? Do you remember it fondly?

Tahitian Terrace: Would it be a big draw?

Bringing back the Tahitian Terrace

Do you think Tahitan Terrace will ever be on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Classics

What to do with aladins oasis
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

I wouldn't mind if Disney gets into the Dinner Show business. They did it with the Hoop Dee Doo show although I hate it intensely. There's nothing wrong with bringing in a Luau show at the Disneyland Hotel as a seasonal show in the summer if they do it right. Adventureland has too many diversions. With Fantasmic and Fireworks, congestion can only get worse with more attractions and shows there UNLESS they yank out an old ride like Jungle Cruise.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    yank out an old ride like Jungle Cruise.
    Blasphemy!!!

I would personally love to see the Tahitian Terrace returned. One of my favorite photos is of my Dad who got pulled onto stage during one of their shows and put on a coconut bikini top and a grass skirt (over his clothes of course!) and danced with the two hula girls on stage. It was a lot of fun and definitely a unique eating experience in Disneyland.
    Perhaps this is an outdated idea.. something more suited for a 60's or 70's audience when the Tahitian culture craze was at its peak.

If we're talking attractions, I'm not sure what exactly they should or could put there with space confinements. However, I would personally love to see Disney do something with India and Indian culture/myth. The Temple of the Forbidden Eye has some Indian influences, but isn't specifically from or about India. I just have a big fascination with that country, especially its ancient past, and I think it's a big untapped area that Disney could use to create some amazing and unique Original attractions.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast