Thread: Podcasts?

Question Podcasts?

While I am not a complete technological loser, I still haven't jumped into the Ipod world yet, although I hope to soon. I have read many references on Micechat to Disney podcasts. What exactly are these? Do they play theme park music? How do you access them? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Podcasts?

I just got my first iPod last month, but I have been listening to Disney podcasts for almost a year. A "podcast" is a digital audio recording that can contain anything... on any subject. The files are downloaded for use on a portable mp3 player, or can be listened to right on a computer. I used to burn the podcasts onto a CD to listen to them in my car, since I didn't have an mp3 player.

Another way they have been described is an audio version of a weblog. What's neat about them is that virtually anyone can make their own podcast, with minimal equipment. I think about them as little recorded pieces of talk radio, but without the contraints of being on-air.

There are thousands of podcasts available now, since the popularity of the iPod exploded a couple years ago, including professional ones put out by media conglomerates (Disney hired a well known podcaster to cover the 50th Celebration last year).

My favorite Disney podcast remains The Mousepod. It was one of the first, and after a long hiatus... it has just returned! Another one (I haven't heard it in a while) is Inside The Magic which covers everything about WDW in Florida.

Happy podcasting!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-25-2006 at 10:34 AM.
    --Jonathan

• Here to change the world

If you're more interested in music, check out 1313 South Harbor Radio. Just do a google search and the page will come up.
    As of right now, it has about 23 hour long episodes (webisodes?) that contain park music of the different sections. It's really great to listen to at work in the background, like the tagline for the site says, it'll make you feel 'lost in Disneyland'!

As for more of a Disney blog, my favorite by far is MousePod as well. And like Doom BGI said, they just came back from a long break with a new episode per week format. Good stuff!

And no, nobody has paid me to endorse these sites, I just enjoy them immensely

• Gay Man

Also, you don't need an iPod to losten to Podcasts. I've been listening for quite a while and I just got my first iPod. Download to your computer and listen through a media player.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Also, you don't need an iPod to losten to Podcasts. I've been listening for quite a while and I just got my first iPod. Download to your computer and listen through a media player.
    Ok, you didn't even read my post, did you...
    --Jonathan

• Gay Man

LOL! I'm a dork.