Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

re: Have you ever had a paranormal experience at the DLR? [Merged Threads]

http://youtu.be/WJd1vOo74lw

if you pause at 12 seconds you get a pretty good catch of it.
    this is another youtube video ive found a while ago just snooping threw creepy disneyland videos.
    pretttty crazy right.

what if its Lillian Disney, i believe those where a gift to her! o.o oooooo scarrrrey
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by beckramenoodles View Post
    The basic inquiry of the forum is:
    1. have you ever had a paranormal experience?
    2. Heard of any rumors about one?
    1. No. Never. Not once. The Spirits ignore me because I don't believe in them.
    2. Yes. Plenty of great stories right here on MiceChat.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLizz View Post
    i always show this to everyone!! people do say it can be a fake video... because it said released sometime around halloween time, and they had said it might of been like a little advertisment type deal to get people into the park around this time..

but i want to believe this video is real, because it totally creeps me out everytime i watch it. and i am a huge believer of ghost! so its pretty mind blowing!
    As much as I believe and am open-minded about such things, this is a total fake. LOL. Cool, but fake.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    There's still never been one proven supernatural event so signs point to no.

Stop watching all those ghost hunter shows people.

"To the believer any evidence will do and to the skeptic no amount will be enough."

• Cunning infiltrator

As always people (humans) fear the 'unknown' and the 'paranormal.'

Go back to sleep and keep your core belief systems to safety, once your current belief system is shattered there is turning no back once it is done.

Whether you experience the paranormal or hear stories, it may happen to you in the future....

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Whenever I pass through the hub, I get the weirdest feeling in my thighs. I speculate that it is the ghost of churros past, reminding me of their terrible, delicious deaths.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lvrebel76 View Post
    "To the believer any evidence will do and to the skeptic no amount will be enough."
    Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm open to such experiences, but I've never had one, to my knowledge, at DLR. There are definitely areas of the park that make me more creeped out than others. There are also a few attractions that I really don't like to do if I'm the only one there and there aren't other people in nearby ride vehicles, like Haunted Mansion, iasw and Snow White, but I wouldn't say that it's due to anything paranormal necessarily. For me, maybe it's more that Disney is reaaallly good at creating creepy scenes in those rides (iasw included/ All those smiling dolls are cute but not when I'm the only one there that they're smiling at).

I wouldn't be surprised if paranormal phenomena happened at the parks, though. There have been so many millions who have passed through the gates, there have been births and deaths, and the park has meant so much to so many that it would certainly make sense.

Side question: is it true that people have managed to scatter ashes at DLR? I know that in the Haunted Mansion it's happened and that Disney has had to go in to clean things up, but I'd think that in other areas of the park it would not necessarily be as easy to spot.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    There are many videos of ghosts at Disneyland, but I personally like this one the best:
    Not a believer in the supernatural, but that is one extraordinary creation right there. Whoever made that gets the George Lucas Award for imagination. Well done!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Ducksketeer

Disneyland paranormal rumors which have been rumored but not proven:

-Disneyland was built over an ancient Native American burial ground.

-The original German farmers who started Anaheim used part the area where Disneyland was built as a graveyard. When Disneyland was being built one family refused to exhume the grave of his two daughters from the farm land, and Walt agreed to not build anything over the two graves. The exact location of the two graves is not known to most people, but they are rumored to be some where near the original eucalyptus trees behind city hall.

-Someone associated with Disney was a renowned occultist who invited spirits to the park during the opening of the Haunted Mansion

-A real human skull (a gift to Walt Disney) is used in the set decorations in the Pirates of the Caribbean. The man who's skull it is was an executed prisoner from the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    -A real human skull (a gift to Walt Disney) is used in the set decorations in the Pirates of the Caribbean. The man who's skull it is was an executed prisoner from the Philippines.
    There are plenty of real bones in POTC... At the time it was being built, it was much cheaper to go with real bones than buy pricey fake ones.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Blew By You

I had a nice one one night after my shift at the Blue Bayou. I felt like was with a person but I know I was alone.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    Disneyland paranormal rumors which have been rumored but not proven:

-Disneyland was built over an ancient Native American burial ground.
    While I guess there's no way of proving this, this is highly likely. There are many Native American burial sites scattered throughout Orange County. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few on or very near the land that is now Disneyland. Not saying whether or not that there is paranormal activity there. But the possibility of there being a burial site there is not as far-fetched as one might think.

I dont know... I like to think so My son died on 11/11 at 3:11 and on Mothers Day I got stopped on my favorite ride Space mt in Zone 11 and got to see the the ride with the lights on. after getting four fast passes with only three tickets. Let alone his brick is in front of Gate 11. Oh and the fireworks was song 11 on the 50th CD...so I'd KIND of like to think some how there is some disney magic bringing me comfort. Paranormal, no. A fun smile? YUP

• Disneyland History Lover

There are many things about our existence and our world that we are still trying to understand. While I personally have not had any paranormal experiences at Disneyland, I have had a few experiences elsewhere that I have not been able to explain. I believe I am reasonable and logical enough to understand the world around me, but when something is unable to be fully comprehended, I think it's wise to accept that there may be alternative explanations for things that sometimes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lvrebel76 View Post
    If one were traveling in a obscure part of the world and happened upon a completely isolated tribe of completely color blind people you could not convince them that there is a thing called "color." They would have no words for it, nor a history of it. So it is with the paranormal. There are people who cannot see or sense what is known as the paranormal & it is impossible to convince them of it. There are others who can sense, see, and hear things that others cannot. It is not abnormal, it is just an ability inherited through genetic mutation. Some people have blue eyes, some people have brown. Some people can only sense the base dimensions, others can see more.

With advancements in String Theory, the concept of multiple dimensions and parallel universes (multiverse) is becoming more and more of an "unseen reality." As a species, we have been unable to develop scientific apparatus to successfully test for these things, yet. The reality shows using off the shelf equipment to hunt "ghosts" are ludicrous at best.

The ability to sense things at Disneyland is difficult because there is so much going on & there are so many people. Paranormal or extra-dimensional events are often very subtle and can be drown out in the cacophony. I have sensed three areas of activity while at the park. The first is to the right of the Dominguez Palm in Adventureland. The second is at the entrance to Frontierland on the bridge. The third, and strongest, is at the end of Critter Country, near the exit of The Winnie ride in front of the waterfall. That could also be because it is one of the quieter parts of the park.

I don't expect to convince anyone of paranormal activity and consider such activity an extra bonus to my enjoyment of the park. The OP asked if there is paranormal activity at the park & the answer is that there is for some & not for others. Of course this it true of just about everywhere. Disneyland is not especially "hotter" than other places.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast