Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

They won't move it or remove it all. Walt was said to love the ride (this according to my leads while I worked on it).

And the whole Chevron gas spill thing under the loading station.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    heh - never been on it but want it out?

Anyway, from what I can see by the many happy faces when we go on this ride the *target audiecne* loves this ride. Sure, some person that is stuck in traffic all day may have no desire to partake in the fun - but tha target audience you are not.
    I don't know what they've done with it but there used to be a FL Autopia for the children and the other more "adult" version. Those along with the Motorboat Cruise, made that whole end of the park a dead end for me. I'm looking at is as an antiquated attraction that occupies a very large and valuable plot of land which could be put to much better use.

• Waiting for the stork

If you find it boring don't go on it...if you find it boring your not the target audience.
    that would be like me saying --I hate the sun wheel...it scares me, take it out it's a waste of space-- taking no consideration for the masses of people who love the sun wheel...will I ever demand it's departure, nope but you couldn't pay me to get back on it.

my kids love autopia, personaly it's not my favorite either but I love to see their faces when the get to "drive"

Disneyland is for the young and the young at heart...but it doesn't mean that every attraction is for every person.

Bonfente Gardens and Legoland are targeted at children
    Six Flags and Great america are targeted at adults and teens
    Disneyland is for everyone there needs to be a balance of attractions that enchant children and wow adults
    procrastibating

• șoș Tom șoș

They just need to install car stereos in the cars--can you imagine it cruising through the Autopia backlot bumping Nelly "Its getting hot in hure, so take of all dem clothes." *Shakes his head a lil, bounces around in his seat*

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    maybe they could put the cars on hydraulics- that would be more fun for the big kids
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    maybe they could put the cars on hydraulics- that would be more fun for the big kids
    Low-ri-der rides a little lower...bump bump bump bump bump BUMP bump BUMP

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    OOOOOOO- Now I am thinking all about pimpin' em out- spinners on the rims, caddy emblems on the back

Cruisin' in my Escalade........
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    OOOOOOO- Now I am thinking all about pimpin' em out- spinners on the rims, caddy emblems on the back

Cruisin' in my Escalade........
    See that would totally fit into DCA and respect Walt's wishes of keeping it, it just not in the original park!

• Tour Ready

Most of you are forgetting that almost all of Autopia takes place on the roof of the Submarine Voyage showbuilding. It would take alot of structural Imagineering to figure out how to put a new attraction on top with different buildings, movement and weight... Rocket Rods caused alot of Damage to the subs because of all of the shaking and vibrations that went down the support poles that are also on the Sub roof... If could only have seen some of those supports shake violently as the rods zipped by... It was scary!

Nobody hates the Autopia as much as me, the smell of the exhaust from the cars give me a headache, I'm too tall and get a leg cramp when I drive it and it's boring. BUT, I would never want them to get rid of it. I remember loving that ride soo much when I was a kid and begging my parents to take me on it at least twice during our day and that was back when lines were very long and you stood in line for at least an hour.
    If we all got our way and removed every ride that did not keep us fully entertained 100% of the time as adults, then half the park would be gone.
    Let the kids have at least some of the park. Accept that it's boring and you probably will never go on it again unless your own kids beg you, but realize that this is the magic of DL and this is why we all love the park...because of the memories....
    Ok, i'm off my soap box...
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

It would be nice if they could, in one big swoop, take out Autopia, the lagoon (and Sub show building), and the Peoplemover track all at once. They'd have to shut down the Monorail at the same time, but it would be a small price to pay.

Rip all that out and do something new. Something they didn't buy from a cheap carnival vendor. Something that Imagineering could design from scratch.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Old Timer

Whats a gallon of regular right now? its $2.05 a gallon here in Alaska, and I recently heard it was $3 a gal in malibu.

We are having a fuel crisis right now, Disney should shut down Autopia or consider alternate fuels or engines.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    Nobody hates the Autopia as much as me, the smell of the exhaust from the cars give me a headache, I'm too tall and get a leg cramp when I drive it and it's boring. BUT, I would never want them to get rid of it. I remember loving that ride soo much when I was a kid and begging my parents to take me on it at least twice during our day and that was back when lines were very long and you stood in line for at least an hour.
    If we all got our way and removed every ride that did not keep us fully entertained 100% of the time as adults, then half the park would be gone.
    Let the kids have at least some of the park. Accept that it's boring and you probably will never go on it again unless your own kids beg you, but realize that this is the magic of DL and this is why we all love the park...because of the memories....
    Ok, i'm off my soap box...

I 100% agree!! Kids always love this ride. My boys still love it and they are 6 & 10!!

Defintely don't take the Autopia out

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

You are so right CP.

Don't look to electric cars anytime soon with the sponser being Exxon.

The fumes are hard to take, but the obvious joy the kids get is priceless.
    I do remember anxiously waiting my turn, while the line snaked around and around...

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Don't look to electric cars anytime soon with the sponser being Exxon.
    Their new sponsor is Chevron, but the result is still the same.
    Hook 'em on gasoline while they're young.
    It would be great to see Disney refit these things with electric motors but like you, I'm not holding my breath.
    Will I ride next time I'm at DL? You bet yer sweet bippie I will! I admit, I love the things.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast