Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Smells like beer

I have no idea how DL could pull this off, but let autopia go out on to Harbor, Ball and Katella (I'd rock an autopia car outside of DL) and let the driver have a choice as to which way they wanted to go. Make it at least a 15 minute ride or if the driver chooses to take the long way (around harbor, ball, katella and thru DCA) a 45 minute ride.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    lol- WOOHOOO- Rename it the "orange crush" and let drivers try and navigate the riverside freeway at rush hour! Perfect idea
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Autopia is a big space of land and could fit about two new attractions but it is a landmark in Disneyland Histpry and it is one of the originals as well. Destroying it would be like taking out Disneyland's heart.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Chernabog Admirer

I may have outgrown Autopia, but as many other posters have stated.. just because one group has outgrown the attraction doesn't mean that it should be ripped out and deprive the children from an experience we've gone through in the past. If you don't like it, don't go on it. If you have to go on it, then grin and bear it..

...But perhaps a refurb would be a better alternative to ripping it out of the park.

I think I've probably stated what others have already said, sorry if I have.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    There is a reason why Autopia was in both FL and TL... It is a fantasy for younger people to drive and they will tomorrow... This isn't supposed to be our Tomorrow... It is theirs....
    AAAAWWWWW Nice one there cellarhound ! ! !

END OF CONVERSATION old people can't 'use the real estate', that belongs to the kids and the kids to come.....

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Great way to word it Master Gracey! I may find Autopia boring as you know what but I still have soo much fun riding it with my boys, it's always a good time. We've have times where we got off the ride and I had laughed so hard my sides hurt! Autopia should defintely stay. Refurb yes, but don't take it out.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Autopia is a big space of land and could fit about two new attractions but it is a landmark in Disneyland Histpry and it is one of the originals as well. Destroying it would be like taking out Disneyland's heart.
    But, the heart of Disneyland is Walt himself, who said that Disneyland would never be finished. And knowing Walt's feelings on Tomorrowland, and futurism in general, is TL Autopia, FL Autopia, and the MBC area a land that Walt would consider finished?

I think people are making this a black and white issue. Tear it out, tear it ALL out, or keep the whole ever-lovin' inch of roadway. Why couldn't you create a new Autopia path that goes around (and maybe even through) a new attraction? Or, why couldn't they reconfigure the layout back to the original TL Autopia concept, confine it to the top of the Sub showbuilding and a few other spurs, and reclaim the area that formerly held the FL Autopia and MBC for new attractions?

And, a final thought about enjoying attractions together... isn't that actually a falsehood? There would only be a fraction of the audience who can enjoy the attraction "together." The whole point of the ride is to drive, which virtually forces families apart, seeing as how you can't have two drivers in one car.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Smells like beer

Also, DL should put cops along the way on my new version of Autopia(see earlier post) If you get caught speeding you get kicked out of DL for the day. Wouldn't that be FUN!!!! Every once in a while they could find drugs in a persons car and they would get banned for life.
    Last edited by LightBeer; 03-19-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234