• DisneyFreak

Fantasmic Premium Seating 2013

Greetings Everyone!!

I will be reserving Fantasmic premium seating for next week and I was wondering if anyone could provide insight about the experience. Thank you!
    xxxAngel

Re: Fantasmic Premium Seating 2013

When you order the tickets, they don't come with a reserved seat. I don't remember how early before show time it is recommended that you get to the location where you reserve a seat, but plan on going earlier than they suggest. We showed up at the recommended time and the line was already very long. My friend is short and we couldn't get a front row seat and she had difficulty seeing from the back row. When you pay a lot of money, you want to see the show! Enjoy!!

I forgot to mention that if you go to the earlier show, you can stay in your seat for the fireworks show. That is a nice bonus that you don't get with the later Fantasmic show.
    Also, the dessert box is fairly large so plan accordingly.

• Closed Account

Experienced this back in late 2011, so I don't know if it's still the same or not.

Here is a bit about the experience that my boyfriend and I had:
    We got Indiana Jones Fast Passes (for my boyfriend to use). Then we made our way to the Fantasmic check in place, that was 90 minutes before the show. When we checked in, we were given our seat assignments, then you are “free to go”. We were able to do Jungle Cruise (my favorite), and then my boyfriend used both Fast Passes to ride Indiana Jones twice, while I sat relaxing at Aladdin’s Oasis. Then it was a quick pit stop, and then we headed to our seats. You can get there at the last minute, but I would recommend getting there no later than 25 minutes before Fantasmic starts. Make sure that you have made a pit stop, stopped off for any glow souvenirs, and have done everything else that you want to do, or obtained everything else that you might need before heading to your seats. Once you sit down you are sort of trapped in a “sea of people” with no way out. It’s not impossible, if you had an emergency you could get out, but it is very difficult, and getting back to your seat without missing anything would be impossible, in fact, the show would probably be over before you did get back.

The desert trays came out, and they were plastic trays with a Fantasmic logo on the front. The contents probably would please most people, but I am an extremely picky eater. I picked and choose, and my boyfriend finished my box. He counted it as dinner, whereas I had brought popcorn to Fantasmic with me, counting on the fact that I am a picky eater. In each of our desert trays were the following items: one mini Babybel cheddar cheese, one mini Babybel bonbel cheese, one mini Babybel original cheese, one sharp cheddar snack cheese, one mozarella snack cheese, two packets of crackers with three crackers in each packet, a handful of red grapes, two chocolate truffles, a filled sugar cookie, a cheesecake bite, a macaroon, a chocolate cake with powdered sugar, and a lemon something or another. A friend of mine who went a different night in 2012, got key lime pie instead of the lemon thing. The little chocolate cake reminded me of the Domino’s lava cakes. The filled sugar cookie I took a bite of, but it was way too sweet for my liking. I didn’t care for the crackers at all, but I did enjoy the Babybel cheese. My boyfriend loved everything, but he is used to eating snack plates, whereas I would prefer to pick my own snacks. I had hot chocolate, and my boyfriend had coffee, both of which were complimentary. I wanted chocolate milk, but they did not have any at that time. Our mini cheesecake bites had a Mickey head on them that was made out of chocolate, very cute. I would think that it’s safe to say that they will change these items based on what’s at hand. In my opinion the truffles were the best, I had my boyfriends truffles as well. His favorite was the raspberry filled sugar cookie. As much as I love sugar cookies, I won’t eat raspberry ones. My friend who went in 2012 also got Saltine crackers, which I would have preferred to what we had, ours were some kind of weird butter type cracker that just tasted “slimy” to me (did I mention I am a picky eater).

We reserved the first show of Fantasmic, and this is how I would recommend doing it. We were able to stay in our seats for the fireworks and we got more hot chocolate and coffee. It was a long time by that point to being in one place (at least for us) but it was so worth it. The sound quality was really high for the fireworks. They used the same setup that they use for Fantasmic.

Some things we learned: Seating is first come, first serve when you check in. So, get to the check in place 90 minutes before show time. Sometimes they won’t start checking people in until 75 minutes until show time, but it is worth being there early, so that you can get the best seat. All of the seats in the reserved section are great seats, but we wanted to be in the front row and were. Next to the front row, I think the back row is the best place to be, because you can stand during the show, and you can see everything from there (according to a friend of mine who went in 2012). The check in spot at the time was by the churro cart near the Haunted Mansion. Again, this was a couple years ago, so you will want to confirm the details before you go. Keep in mind that you should book ahead of time, as they often sell out, especially during holiday times and the busy season. We booked ours thirty days in advance. It was in late December 2011. Even being in the front row, we did not get wet, which was nice, not that we would have minded, but it was nice not to have to worry about it, especially with food items.

There was some confusion by a few people thinking that they picked up their tickets to the showing at the check in booth, that is not the case, you have to go to the main ticket booth outside the park to get your tickets. There are three rows of seats, if you can’t get the first row, you definitely want the back row, if you don’t mind standing. There are free drink refills throughout the show, and also when you have the fireworks, which is really nice.

Overall, we liked the experience, we didn’t “love” the experience. The seats are actually off to the side, which doesn’t give you the “front and center” view of Fantasmic which I have come to love, appreciate, and camp out early to get, even though it’s a pain in the neck to do so. Had we not been in the front row of the Premium Seating, we probably would not have had as good of time, there was a woman, about my boyfriends height (5’6”) in the center row, and she complained that she couldn’t see multiple times. They don’t let you stand up if you are in the middle row, so she was stuck with a $60 crappy seat. Again, it pays to get there early and secure your seat assignment. The desserts were so so in my opinion, though my boyfriend loved them. The kids in the middle row had a hard time seeing, the kids in the back row stood on chairs and were told by CM’s to get down, so were stuck standing on the ground and couldn’t see. The price in my opinion was too steep for what you got (a seat, a dessert, and drinks) but this is Disney after all. I actually would have preferred a chicken nugget meal from Stage Door Café, or a corn dog from Main Street and watching Fantasmic on DVD at home, but that’s just my personal preference.

There is TONS of great info already posted about the Fantasmic Dessert seating. Use the search feature above and you will find a lot of useful info and people's experience.

• Minion

I've never done the reserved seating, but I find that the second show is way less crowded and can get a great center seat for free. You can spend the $60 you saved on a whole bunch of desserts
    Jeff Wayne

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LAR121 View Post
    When you order the tickets, they don't come with a reserved seat. I don't remember how early before show time it is recommended that you get to the location where you reserve a seat, but plan on going earlier than they suggest. We showed up at the recommended time and the line was already very long. My friend is short and we couldn't get a front row seat and she had difficulty seeing from the back row. When you pay a lot of money, you want to see the show! Enjoy!!
    Can you put down a blanket and sit in the line for Fantasmic! Premium Viewing?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• DisneyFreak

Thanks a ton for the responses (special mention to johnlawwhiskey--your critical overview was insightful)!

I suppose I should have contextualized as to why I wanted to do this; this is a way of giving my boyfriend, whom I have been with for about a year, a ring...not an engagement ring, but more so a "commitment ring." I wanted it to be special and somewhat unique. We both love Disneyland. Initially it was between the Blue Bayou and Fantasmic, but Fantasmic seems to be more of a "wow."
    xxxAngel

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    Initially it was between the Blue Bayou and Fantasmic, but Fantasmic seems to be more of a "wow."
    If Fantasmic is a show that you both enjoy, then definitely, go for Fantasmic. For me personally, I would take the Blue Bayou over Fantasmic any day, because I am a more private person, love the ambiance, and the staff there is great with special requests for special occasions and could make a moment like that amazing.

• DisneyFreak

Hmmm, we may just do both! Dinner there and dessert with fantasmic What kind of special request do/can they make?
    xxxAngel

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    Hmmm, we may just do both! Dinner there and dessert with fantasmic What kind of special request do/can they make?
    Honestly, with how stuffed you get at Blue Bayou, combined with how much you get at Fantasmic to eat, you likely won't have room for both. Of course, you might be big eaters. If you do plan on the Blue Bayou, you need to call the Disneyland dining number which is (714) 781-DINE, and talk to them about your plan, they can set up something special for you. Usually it's a free dessert with candles for anniversaries, birthdays, etc, but since you are doing Fantasmic afterwards, that might not do much for you. You can ask when you call what they can do. They can come up with ways to hide the ring in a plate and bring it out if you slip it to them when they get your drinks, arrange the bread in a heart shape, etc. They can accommodate just about anything you come up with on your own as well, including special meal requests for favorite foods.

Also you can get the Happily Ever After buttons ahead of time at City Hall, if you want to celebrate all day long (though it sounds like it will be a surprise).

For romance and ambiance, a waterside table at the Blue Bayou is really, really hard to beat. Just my opinion.

• Mistress of Evil

Yes...you need a light dinner if anything. I would not recommend BB right before.
    i did this last week. They begin seating assignments at 8 pm for both shows. I arrived at 6:30, and there were already two parties in front of me. You could sit while waiting...on the blacktop. You want to choose either the first row (avoiding seat #5) or third row...try not to get in the second row...especially if someone is short.

Wanted to add...DH was blown away by the F! Dessert Seating experience...way more than any meal we have had at BB.

We did the Blue Bayou dinner and Fantasmic dessert seating a few weeks ago. BB was a major disappoint. Ressies made 30 days out, and requested a water view table. They seated us at a very tiny table for two right by the kitchen door, so the glare from the kitchen lights, waiter traffic, and noise from inside was awful (told no other tables available without waiting an hour or more). Food was fine, but our waiter kept apologizing as he was not our "official" waiter who was on break. Never saw the "official" waiter til the check was presented. Also, it was during grad nights, and boatloads of grads were foul mouth screaming as they passed by the BB tables. We have done Fantasmic dessert seating a number of times, and the stupid wait to get assigned seats is becoming so annoying we will probably pass on our next visit. I might add that our two other dinner ressies at Carthay Circle and Napa Rose were excellent....great service, food, and ambiance.

I enjoyed the Fantasmic dessert/special seating. Got to sit in a chair instead of on the ground, reserved seat, nobody crushing up against me, coffee, and dessert bites. I don't need to do it every time, but a couple of times, sure. It was fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

I've done this a few time, over years.

They set about 3 rows of chairs up and depending on demand stretch the area out from the center view to wide left by the Haunted Mansion. Being summer it will be busy. Make the reservation now as this sells out often.

Check in starts early I think around 6 and goes on to about an hour before the show when they let you sit down. Go early if your seat location is really important. 2nd row looks fine for adults but not kids. Check in near the end of the waterside walking area, if you walk from the train station to the water you will go by it. You can pick seats and come back later to sit down about 20 minutes before the show starts. First row is best, but if you are in the back row people stand up. Try to sit in the far right or far left, avoiding the middle of the viewing area. If you are seeing the second show, you still check in at that early time to pick seats.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.