Disney Annual Pass Renewal

hello i was just going to let everyone know some information you may not know about renewing and existing annual pass for the Disneyland resort...

First off i would like to say that i love Disneyland, and I go there any chance i get...about 72 times in the last year if im not mistaken. However my passes are up for renewal as August 11th will be the contract end date for the passes i currently own. I was informed that my final payment should be on July 11th and will run thru the 11th of August regardless of renewal or not. Now my concern is on the 7th of July i decided to go ahead and renew early so that I wont forget, now keep in mind i spoke with a Cast-member via internet "mouse chat" regarding how this would effect my current contract. I was told that it starts a new contract, however nothing else should change and i will not be charged until the following month when my regular payments are due. Now knowing this information i took it upon myself to go ahead and renew online on July 7th 2013....now here is the kicker...I was charged for the two passes i renewed on that day even tho it states where you sign the electronic signature that there is no amount due today....this raised some confusion as i thought i was only being charged once which is my so called final payment on the 11th of August but instead of the payment arrangement picking up where the last contract left off it charges you on that day of renewal which in all honesty is kind of pointless unless you do it on the contract end date. So i spoke with customer service for the annual passholder help line, and they said there was nothing that could be done as no contract can be reversed or changed at any point for pretty much any reason other then moving to a different country. So I would just like to forewarn anyone who has interest in renewing your passes that I strongly urge you to wait until your contract end date or at least around that time so that you dont get double charged in the same month.

I love Disneyland, and I wish to keep going back but this is something that should be communicated a little more in detail so that these little issues aren't occurring more often.

Thank you, and i hope this becomes somewhat helpful to any of you who want to renew your annual passes at some point

• SORCERER

Re: Disney Annual Pass Renewal

Thanks for letting us know. This will be my first renewal this year as well, and It actually for the same day as yours (mines end s august 11th).

I am assuming the down payment is $87 again and then the monthly payment? They send me a card saying I would save $40 this year for renewal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. This will be my first renewal this year as well, and It actually for the same day as yours (mines end s august 11th).

I am assuming the down payment is $87 again and then the monthly payment? They send me a card saying I would save $40 this year for renewal or something.

Renewals with the monthly payment plan do not require a down payment. Your monthly payments would be $52.42.

• I am number 4 of 999

Basically you will have roughly a month or two next year that you can still go to Disneyland and the pass is paid for. My last payment for 2013 was in April, but my passed expired at the end of June, and I had overlapping payments last year when I renewed early. So next year your last payment will happen in June and you will have all of July and the 11 days in August to go to Disneyland with your pass paid for.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• The Tomorrowland One

It is stated on the contract that the first monthly payment is taken "on or about the date of this contract, and every monthly anniversary thereafter" or something to that effect. It has been a while since I've had to read one.

Sorry you go misinformed. But it has been that way since day one of the annual passes on monthly payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    "on or about the date of this contract, and every monthly anniversary thereafter" or something to that effect. It has been a while since I've had to read one.
    True, but having worked in law I can tell you that there is a difference between "the date of this contract" and "the date of signing of this contract". That is an important distinction. You may sign the contract in June but if the contract doesn't take effect until August 12th, August 12th would be the "date of this contract" and therefore the date the first payment would be due. If the information is worded poorly it could be confusing.