Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tiki Enchanted Tiki Birds With Chips For Adding Your Name Into Songs They Croon

How cool would it be to have the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki birds (and other characters) croon your name (and everybody with you) as they sing. They could of course accomplish this through intergrated chips. Would you be more likely to sing along, or to blush? Just how would you react?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-15-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Re: Tiki Enchanted Tiki Birds With Chips For Adding Your Name Into Songs They Croon

I can see something like this happening if MyMagic+ ever came to the West Coast.

• Heavy Breather

Re: Tiki Enchanted Tiki Birds With Chips For Adding Your Name Into Songs They Croon

MyMagic+. The right way to do it.

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I can see something like this happening if MyMagic+ ever came to the West Coast.
    Great Idea, Frollofan "Te Vamos a dar a tu policia."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Just how would you react.
    I would walk out. I would think it'd be Disney at its nadir -- a Disney that had turned from using technology to delight hundreds of millions to using it for in-your-face marketing that panders for profits from the few at the expense of taking everyone else in the audience out of the show.

But hey, look on the bright side -- at least there's no chance they'd ever pull such pathetic MyMagicMarketing crap at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!

Or would they...?

The lights dim... President Lincoln rises majestically from his chair... and he speaks:

The world has never had a good definition of the word liberty. The American people, just now, are much in want of one. Don't you agree, Sidney Melon, who I see is visiting today with his wife Elaine and their charming children Ruth and Sid Jr., from beautiful Oshkosh, Wisconsin? We all declare for liberty. But in using the same word, we do not all mean the same thing. What constitutes the bulwark of our liberty and independence? Yes, I'm asking you, Bob and Doris Leopold of San Diego, proud Premium Passholders for the last fifteen years, ladies and gentlemen how about that! As I was saying, it is not our frowning battlements, our bristling sea coasts. These are not our reliance against tyranny. And speaking of reliance, let's have a warm round of applause for Fred and Ginny Sawyer of Irvine, who just announced their engagement! Congratulations from your 16th President, and be sure to stop by the Emporium for your free Duffy Bear! (Tell 'em "Honest Abe sent you" and you'll get 10% off the $9.95 fee to have your name stitched on it.) No, folks, our reliance is in the love of liberty, which God has planted in our bosoms....

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

^
    That is hilarious yet creepy at the same time.

E.T. Has been saying guests' names for over 20 years at Universal. (in multiple languages, I might add.)Of course, there's a LOT of room for improvement as far as the names being intelligible. And a lot of advances have taken place since that ride first opened around 1990.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    E.T. Has been saying guests' names for over 20 years at Universal. (in multiple languages, I might add.)Of course, there's a LOT of room for improvement as far as the names being intelligible. And a lot of advances have taken place since that ride first opened around 1990.
    Ever since Eisner ripped off Universal's "Ride the Movies" paradigm by proclaiming "Disneyland is all about turning Movies into Rides," they've been edging closer and closer to becoming another Universal. They may as well toss in the towel and rip off Universal's guest names idea as well.

Of course, being Disney, they'll find a way to upcharge for it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Selfie Expert

I could see how this could be appealing, but I would rather it not occur.

I would tolerate if they had the birds sing "Happy Birthday" and anyone with a birthday could submit their name and have the birds sing it (all in one song, not over and over a la Small World). I think kids (and myself) would get a kick out of it, but I wouldn't want to see one of their original songs tainted with guest names.

Even then, I'd prefer that wonderful show be left alone.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

I think it would be better if it were something outside the actual show, for instance, if the duties fell to the Tiki Gods in the courtyard or some new animatronic birds outside in the courtyard.

Otherwise I could see it getting to be problematic - you might have the Tiki birds saying a zillion names during the show, or you might have people (especially little kids) feeling left out because the birds didn't say *their* names (anyone here remember Romper Room and how disappointing it was when they didn't say your name on the Magic Mirror segment? LOL!).
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think it would be better if it were something outside the actual show, for instance, if the duties fell to the Tiki Gods in the courtyard or some new animatronic birds outside in the courtyard.
    Ooo! I think this is a great compromise!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    This is a part of Mymagic +. But I don't think it will be implemented on large audience attractions like the Tiki Room. But when your headrest on Space says frollofan prepare to launch, that is workable.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Blew By You

So, it'll be something like Tiki Room Under New Management?

id be excited! imagine your unknowingly little ones faces, when they sing their name!
    my niece would love that!
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This is a part of Mymagic +. But I don't think it will be implemented on large audience attractions like the Tiki Room. But when your headrest on Space says frollofan prepare to launch, that is workable.
    That would be pretty awesome, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast