Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Star Tours to be Updated Again in 2015 to Add New Destinations For Episode 7

From today's Disneyandmore article:
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...n-2015-at.html

So what do think about this?

• a wind to shake the stars

Re: Star Tours to be Updated Again to Add new Destinations

It can't be worse than the current destinations.

Re: Star Tours to be Updated Again in 2015 to Add New Destinations For Episode 7

I imagine it wouldn't take a whole lot to add a destination or two and with the marketing potential that exists with a new movie coming out, it completely makes sense. In all reality, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen with every new Star Wars movie that comes out or re-release of the older movies.

• Minion

Re: Star Tours to be Updated Again in 2015 to Add New Destinations For Episode 7

I hope this is true because I would like to see new destinations.

I hope it replaces the pod races.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Hmm, I can't imagine that they would update Star Tours already when they revamped the whole ride a few years ago. It seems a bit silly to add some new destinations from ONE movie, when two more movies are being planned after the first one. Will they be adding new destinations from those movies as well when those movies come out? It just doesn't seem like it makes much fiscal sense to be adding new destinations every time a new Star Wars movie comes out. It would make more sense to add new destinations after all three movies from the new trilogy comes out instead.

Also, it's going to be really weird to be adding new destinations from the new movie when the movie will probably take place years after Episode VI. It's bad enough that Star Tours 2.0 takes place at two different timelines already! How will it take place in three?? Time travel? I hope they contact the Doctor for some advisement on how they would be able to add some time travel technology to the Starspeeders!

I mean, this is all just my speculation and I could be completely wrong. It could be entirely possible for Disney to be plannning on updating Star Tours already. They've already done it with WoC a few times. It took maybe a year after WoC debuted for Disney to make new changes to the show? But I would imagine it being much easier to update a water show than a simulation ride. Well, I guess I'll just say let's wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 07-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

The current destinations seem a little stale, but it seems to be my luck that it ends up with Kashyyyk.

I'll wait and see what happens.
    As of 6/15, Merida is now my favorite Princess...Sorry, Cinderella. Thanks for the memories.

Disneyland AP Holder since 2012
    Check me out on Instagram: instagram.com/elimprocess#

• The doctor is in

Not surprising. They'll probably shut it down after Episodes 8-9 come out, too.

But like someone said above... it can't be worse than the current destinations. Nothing like jumping from events in Episode 5 and then being thrown into a pod race from Episode 1. *barf*

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    It's bad enough that Star Tours 2.0 takes place at two different timelines already! How will it take place in three?? Time travel? I hope they contact the Doctor for some advisement on how they would be able to add some time travel technology to the Starspeeders!
    All Starspeeders have been equipped with flux capacitors for a while now: Time Tours – The Empire Strikes Back To The Future : EndorExpress

Yea.. if this is true I think it's another horrible idea for an update. If they wanted to update the ride that's fine... but you clearly are just riding through battles in different movies that are separated by 30 years or more. If Disney is supposed to pride itself on every attraction of theirs telling a story and their imagineers are supposed to be great story tellers... how did they allow something like the new Star Tours to be created?? You jump from the battle of Hoth in Episode V to the clone war battle on Kashyyk in Episode III to the trade embargo of Naboo in Episode I. Story wise it makes no sense. It completely disrespects the long and admired history of Disney making rides with great stories and also disrespects the millions of fans of the Star Wars saga who would have loved a cool unique Star Wars story on the new ride, rather than a confusing mash of random visits to various battles from all the different films. Adding even more battles from a timeline in an even more distant future will make the problem even worse.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    All Starspeeders have been equipped with flux capacitors for a while now: Time Tours €“ The Empire Strikes Back To The Future : EndorExpress

LOL well I guess I take that part back. Apparently the Starspeeders might actually be able to time travel using the flux capacitor technology from the Back to the Future movies!

I wonder how many guests realize that the rides go back and forth through time. I know those more keen on what Star Wars' historical timeline looks like will know but I haven't heard many people mention that while they are walking off the ride.

But I imagine instead of a ride-revamp, they would mostly need to update some of the programming in the ride and the queue. Make the new destinations show up on the board, add a few new scenes that you program in... Probably could be done without closing the ride. Upload the new info one night after the park closes down.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The ride is a prequel to the first ride...but now will feature future locations....wow Disneyland really is magical

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Hmm, I can't imagine that they would update Star Tours already when they revamped the whole ride a few years ago.
    Why not? The wait times are already back to 20-30 minutes.

• Singing Drinker

I'll be honest - I'd be happier if they just made something a little more... distinctive?

I've been on the "new" ST about four or five times. I can't for the life of me tell you where we were supposed to go or really what happened there, and was mainly annoyed and confused over the entire "agent" thing.

Maybe this is due to not being a fan of anything past Jedi. But honestly, if they're going to have different things going on, I'd hope they're a little more distinctive and less "Here'sareferenceyouaren'tasuperfantoobadwhoopsit' sgone!"
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast