Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• SORCERER

Re: Best app for crowds/wait times?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I have found the most accurate to be Mobile Magic, but it is only in Verizon. I also use MouseWait. Mobile Magic is ran by Disney, so it is quite accurate. Other apps depend on users to input times. They can be very accurate, if they are being updated by users in the park.
    Not true. Disney's Mobile Magic is now just sponsored by Verizon. It is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for Android for any iPhone or Andoid phone regardless of carrier.

iPhone Link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disn...500000336?mt=8

Android Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ileMagic&hl=en

Personally I use a Combination of 3 apps and just average the difference in my head to decide if I am going to walk over there.

I use DL WAITS, MOUSEWAIT, and Disney's Mobile Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Not true. Disney's Mobile Magic is now just sponsored by Verizon. It is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for Android for any iPhone or Andoid phone regardless of carrier.

iPhone Link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disn...500000336?mt=8

Android Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ileMagic&hl=en

Personally I use a Combination of 3 apps and just average the difference in my head to decide if I am going to walk over there.

I use DL WAITS, MOUSEWAIT, and Disney's Mobile Magic.
    Disney's Mobile Magic doesn't work on many Android phones. When I launch it on my Galaxy Nexus I just get a plain white screen and if you read the reviews it's a very common problem. It's been broken for about 6 months.

• Sock Puppet

I have mobile magic on my HTC EVO phone and it works great. Not only does is provide to you wait times but they also have a list of upcoming showtimes as well

I have tried Mousewait, the problem with mousewait is that people input wait times and sometimes not everyone is honest about those wait times... When you see a 100 minute wait time for Tarzans Treehouse you know something fishy is going on

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    Yes, I highly recommend it... it's not the prettiest, but the data is far, far more accurate than the others. Over 30 years of data in that app. It uses "real" times... not Disney's "fake" times (Disney lies about wait times?... Yes, yes they do, it's known as "stacking"). Most other apps (Mousewait, etc) use the Disney "wait" times over real data... They are prettier (much prettier) and more interactive though... but the cost is they never seem to update when data is slow in the parks (or basically anytime the parks are busy) "Lines" being fairly low-tech has low data requirements, and can update while the others are stuck.

I'll put it this way... I've had my wife get mad at me for going in a ride that is posted 45 mins and telling her it's a 15 minute wait (due to Lines Data)... I tell her to stopwatch it (I usually use Lines internal stopwatch also)... it's usually within a minute of the Lines time... 14-16 minutes... What's happening is either 1) The Disney cast member is lazy at updating the sign, or 2) They're "stacking" to get the crowd to disperse back more in the park...
    Thanks! I am pretty excited to get to use it on our next trip. Like you said, it doesn't look the prettiest but the data all loads fairly quickly so that'll be nice in the parks. I didn't even think of the way they get their data. That's going to be nice to see more accurate wait times. We've noticed that in the past, the wait times tend to be over estimated. I always assumed it was so that people would be happy that they only waited 30 minutes for a 45 minute wait time ride as opposed to the other way around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12